Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 09:49 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,831,271 times

Advertisements

The major factor in determining what kind of life you live isn't where you are, it's who you are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2009, 10:06 PM

314 posts, read 719,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
I am a happy person, but I don't believe anyone cares about that.
I have been divorced for 10 years, and it is impossible to meet singles my age. I am 54.
I am not "negative", but I do know what is going on out there, and that IS negative.
Sometimes, if you are a happy, good person, you attract the vampires who want to suck you dry. They see you as a challenge to take down.

But at our age, most people are married, unless it doesn't bother you to sit in a room full of couples and have some wine.
I am sorry to see your response-I have been divorced for 3 years after a 32 year marriage. My choices as I saw them were to regret what died or make a new life for myself. I chose life-it hasn't been easy but everyday gives me a chance to make good choices for myself and learn something new. Sitting in a room full of couples or singles has never been a problem-sitting is the problem for me-I am usually moving and doing. My wish for you is to find the path which will give you the most enjoyment-good luck!

Old 06-08-2009, 10:29 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,687,832 times
My kids are grown and out...I am 46...I do what I want to do cause I get to. I am married...he kinda...no...he HAD his time
Now, I can get MORE tattoos...if I want...I can get my nose pierced...I can afford good seats at Aerosmith but want the lawn seats cause they're funner...
I get to experience and experiment and not have to worry about parental or whoever dis-approval...
I don't feel an age....I feel good...life is for living...
The thing is, as I write this...I think only people in my decade or before will understand...

Old 06-08-2009, 10:31 PM

1,091 posts, read 3,592,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sueprnova View Post
My kids are grown and out...I am 46...I do what I want to do cause I get to. I am married...he kinda...no...he HAD his time
Now, I can get MORE tattoos...if I want...I can get my nose pierced...I can afford good seats at Aerosmith but want the lawn seats cause they're funner...
I get to experience and experiment and not have to worry about parental or whoever dis-approval...
I don't feel an age....I feel good...life is for living...
The thing is, as I write this...I think only people in my decade or before will understand...

Man... I hope to be you in a decade.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:33 PM

1,629 posts, read 3,477,480 times
I'm 28. Sparing the details, I always felt like I was born an adult, and finally had to learn to be leisurely and have fun, even to spend time with people just to enjoy their company.

Play is very important at ALL ages. Not just partying, either. Both active (sports, hobbies) and passive (reading, theatre) kinds of play are important to keep us fulfilled and motivated.

Mine: trail running, cycling, board games with friends, chasing and playing ball with my dog, funny/random conversations that have no point, picking snowball fights with strangers, climbing trees and fences, jumping in puddles.... the list goes on

P.S. My screen name, Mearth, is the name of Mork & Mindy's son.... who was born full grown, and aged backward

Old 06-08-2009, 11:51 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,675,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus0123 View Post
What changes did you make?
Probably too many to list. Also it happened over time, not overnight.

A lot of it came down to following my dreams.

Old 06-09-2009, 12:01 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,977,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
A lot of it came down to following my dreams.

Well, two nights ago I dreamed I showed up to work buck naked...

Old 06-09-2009, 01:01 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,675,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Hey man whatever works for ya.

Old 06-09-2009, 01:04 AM

314 posts, read 719,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Well, this would get down to basics! LOL Maybe this just means you are funtioning without a mask this time. Funny what dreams give us

Old 06-09-2009, 08:23 AM

64 posts, read 185,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mearth View Post
I'm 28. Sparing the details, I always felt like I was born an adult, and finally had to learn to be leisurely and have fun, even to spend time with people just to enjoy their company.

Play is very important at ALL ages. Not just partying, either. Both active (sports, hobbies) and passive (reading, theatre) kinds of play are important to keep us fulfilled and motivated.
My job kinda gets in the way of that. It's pretty stressful and exhausting. I work 10 hours a day and then commute for an hour each way. By the time I get home, I am too tired to do anything. And weekends are spent on catching up what I didn't do during the week, chores, errands, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships