Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 08:15 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,895,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
We're on the same page. You're bound to feel every emotion that exists about the ones you love, but at the end of the day, love goes on and triumphs over anything else you feel about that person.
Yeah, but with some people only just!

It's all good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2009, 08:17 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,120,419 times
Quote:
It's always important to discern the chemical high from the qualities you actually love them for.
It's not easy. That's why Mother Nature played this darn trick on us - to bond us and keep us together to provide her with more people. She didn't do it for our pleasure and comfort.

Old 06-08-2009, 08:25 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,868,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
It's not easy. That's why Mother Nature played this darn trick on us - to bond us and keep us together to provide her with more people. She didn't do it for our pleasure and comfort.
If you get burned enough times by the flame of passion, you'll get the hang of it, unless you're a masochist or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_Pf2FIxT6Q

Last edited by Philosophizer; 06-08-2009 at 08:34 PM..

Old 06-08-2009, 08:34 PM

Quote:
unless you're a masochist or something
You might be on the right path here... You see, you and I are in different boats. You're a young, never married guy. For you it might make sense to tone down your decisions and make them smarter because you might plan to get married and have a family one day. For me there's no need of any kind to settle anymore at this point; hence, my priorities are different. I'd only go for somebody if he makes my heart and senses sing, for as long as they do, regardless of sensible and practical considerations. Why bother otherwise?

Old 06-08-2009, 08:42 PM

37,565 posts, read 45,928,580 times
Quote:
Love by definition is unconditional
By your definition perhaps, but not by most. Romantic love is rarely unconditional. The love for my child however, is.

Quote:
love will never die.
Only in our dreams.

Old 06-08-2009, 08:42 PM

Quote:
You might be on the right path here... You see, you and I are in different boats. You're a young, never married guy. For you it might make sense to tone down your decisions and make them smarter because you might plan to get married and have a family one day. For me there's no need of any kind to settle anymore at this point; hence, my priorities are different. I'd only go for somebody if he makes my heart and senses sing, for as long as they do, regardless of sensible and practical considerations. Why bother otherwise?
Or perhaps I can play with the flame too with an older woman who is refreshingly honest with herself and knows what she wants out of life. You're lucky I'm not a masochist.

Old 06-08-2009, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Only in our dreams.
Why... I for one believe you can love people and not be able to live with them.

Old 06-08-2009, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
By your definition perhaps, but not by most. Romantic love is rarely unconditional. The love for my child however, is.

Only in our dreams.
Don't include me in your dreams. I barely know you.

On a more serious note, I'm sorry you haven't experienced love the way I have. A few of us have. We're the lucky ones I guess.

YouTube - Alison Krauss ~ The Lucky One ~ Live

Old 06-08-2009, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Why... I for one believe you can love people and not be able to live with them.
Oh of course. Been there. But to say that love never dies? Maybe on some other planet that's true. But on this one, it's pushing up daisies left and right.

Old 06-08-2009, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Don't include me in your dreams. I barely know you.

On a more serious note, I'm sorry you haven't experienced love the way I have. A few of us have. We're the lucky ones I guess.
I have certainly been in love...and more than once. No need to feel sorry for me dear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships