U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 12:18 PM

648 posts, read 1,464,493 times

Advertisements

Who out there have read this book and how true do you think it is?

I'm reading it and starting to wonder how we even have relationships. lol

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2009, 12:25 PM

22,770 posts, read 25,186,842 times
I saw an interview with him, regarding this book, on a morning show.

It seems like appropriate reading for women who pick worthless men.

Old 06-09-2009, 12:30 PM

2,043 posts, read 4,398,816 times
First off, Steve Harvey is one to talk about giving someone advice with his womanizing ass...

Secondly, I TRIED reading it. It really didn't keep my attention like I thought it would... I think I stopped at the Chapter called "Why Men Cheat" and never picked it back up again to finish. Most of the advice in his book is common sense and he really isn't telling me anything I already don't know.

Thank god, someone e-mailed the entire book to me in a PDF file and I didn't pay the money on this piece of crap.

Old 06-09-2009, 12:35 PM

1,829 posts, read 3,662,286 times
What matters is he gets his pockets fat from book sales. I'm sure he doesn't say anything groundbreaking in there, but if it helps someone more power to them.

Old 06-09-2009, 01:48 PM

12,256 posts, read 15,789,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Mizz Pittsburgh View Post
First off, Steve Harvey is one to talk about giving someone advice with his womanizing ass...

Secondly, I TRIED reading it. It really didn't keep my attention like I thought it would... I think I stopped at the Chapter called "Why Men Cheat" and never picked it back up again to finish. Most of the advice in his book is common sense and he really isn't telling me anything I already don't know.

Thank god, someone e-mailed the entire book to me in a PDF file and I didn't pay the money on this piece of crap.
I pretty much agree with you. I tried reading it but it was boring, full of stereotypes and mostly Steve's ego. I don't agree with half the things he says when he's "code cracking" on his morning show and the book is just a longer version of that. This book is only good for women with no self-esteem who have a bad habit of picking losers.

If you just want to do some reading on the subject of cheating; Michael Baisden's Never Satisfied is at least entertaining.

Old 06-09-2009, 05:15 PM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 2,921,912 times
This has been discussed on here a few times

Steve Harvey's new book: 5 questions every woman should ask
Do you agree with Steve Harvey's advice to women?
Steve Harvey's 90 day rule

Old 06-10-2009, 01:39 PM

Well I'm just looking for is this guy a douche bag and should I even bother reading it. I have a really great guy but my therapist wanted me to read this book so I can get a better picture of how guys think. Not because I think my guy is going to cheat on me or anything like that.

Old 06-10-2009, 01:55 PM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 2,921,912 times
He gives basically common sense(which lots of women seem to lack btw). read it and find out for yourself....it wasnt a bad read it just didnt tell me anything I didnt already know. But thats just me...read it!!

Old 06-10-2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBF View Post
He gives basically common sense(which lots of women seem to lack btw). read it and find out for yourself....it wasnt a bad read it just didnt tell me anything I didnt already know. But thats just me...read it!!
I am - just getting to chapter 3. I've having my boyfriend read it with me so we are going chapter by chapter. He is reading it first and then when I read it and have questions he will know what I am referring to. I never really had very positive male remodels so I don't know much about how they think other than it is different then how I do. But thank you, I will continue to read the book.

Old 06-11-2009, 12:38 PM

What's funny is so far my boyfriend doesn't really agree with the book... lol
This guy must be a douche bag!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships