U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-11-2009, 07:30 PM
 
Location: New Milford, NJ
1,448 posts, read 1,993,946 times
Reputation: 966

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
I was thinking the same things...at a bar with her friends feeling down, the friends say "hey, see that short, dumpy looking troll over there? Why don't you talk to him and play with his emotions and that should make you feel better!" This was a case of the kingsnake eating the cobra.



I would NEVER of said anything if she didn't come up to me. IF she had just left me alone, it would have been that. She was asking for it.



That's like asking why I should go after a KKK member for the lynching some other Klan's man did. They're almost all the same, women are. Anyway, she had to have alterior motives for talking to me.

This is what I am saying: It's okay to hurt people if they are asking for it. Like that fellow on a date at a fancy restuarant: I in fact did him a favor because now, he'll think twice about over spending! Or the girl at the bar: now, she'll think twice about trying to play with someone's emotions.

If you hurt someone who is asking for it, without doing any real damage to them, you will allow them a learning experience to help them grow on.

Hence, no reason to feel guilty for doing someone a favor

Ok, as Wayne said...wow..you are making absolutely no sense whatsoever here..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-11-2009, 09:01 PM
 
25,120 posts, read 26,902,286 times
Reputation: 34251
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
I'm a lawyer.

I'll just take my trophy now.
Yes. But there's a difference between professional and amateur standing.



Okay, I was born Methodist and became Episcopalian, yet I might as well have been Jewish or Catholic when it comes to guilt. I mean, I read the newspapers and think "Darfur? Man, I should have done something about that. It's my fault." No kidding, if I accidentally take an extra newspaper out of the box, I'll stick the money in to pay for it.

But one thing I don't feel guilty about happened one summer when I was single and 23. I kind of dated this girl who was about to go to med school. I liked her just fine, but really had a thing for another girl who was out of town for the summer.

What I didn't anticipate is that the girl I was hanging with to really get infatuated with me. One thing led to another and she was spending a lot of nights at my apartment. So summer ends, and she's off to med school. Heck, I even help her move 300 miles away and head home with the promise to call her every day. I get home from helping her move and the phone rings. It's the other girl. She comes over that night, doesn't leave until 10 the next morning. In other words, my promise to the first girl doesn't even last 24 hours.

I should have felt guilty about it. But I was really, really into this other girl. It just felt good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2009, 09:08 PM
 
Location: Tucson
42,844 posts, read 54,214,217 times
Reputation: 22787
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
So summer ends, and she's off to med school. Heck, I even help her move 300 miles away and head home with the promise to call her every day. I get home from helping her move and the phone rings. It's the other girl. She comes over that night, doesn't leave until 10 the next morning. In other words, my promise to the first girl doesn't even last 24 hours.

I should have felt guilty about it. But I was really, really into this other girl. It just felt good.
You slu*t! Go to the corner quickly, drop some unpopped corn kernels on the floor, get on your knees, and feel VERY guilty!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2009, 09:09 PM
 
25,120 posts, read 26,902,286 times
Reputation: 34251
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You slu*t! Go to the corner quickly, drop some unpopped corn kernels on the floor, get on your knees, and feel VERY guilty!
Hahaha. I'm not sure I understand the reference, Sierra. And I feel guilty about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2009, 09:17 PM
 
19,081 posts, read 12,334,120 times
Reputation: 13233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Mizz Pittsburgh View Post
I mean, I'm sayin'. If she wanted to be REAL scandalous, and wanted the ULTIMATE payback, she should've just gone all the way and took it 'there' with his brother...
That's just what I assumed. Why mention it otherwise? Or, maybe I'm too devilish in my thinking lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2009, 09:20 PM
 
Location: Tucson
42,844 posts, read 54,214,217 times
Reputation: 22787
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Hahaha. I'm not sure I understand the reference, Sierra.
Well, do as I say and you'll see how it feels!

Quote:
And I feel guilty about it.
I thought the thread was about doing things you DON'T feel guilty about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2009, 09:23 PM
 
25,120 posts, read 26,902,286 times
Reputation: 34251
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Well, do as I say and you'll see how it feels!



I thought the thread was about doing things you DON'T feel guilty about.
I know. That was the one thing I ever did where I didn't feel guilty. Then I felt guilty about not feeling guilty. Go figure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2009, 09:58 PM
 
Location: Coachella Valley, California
15,226 posts, read 25,233,107 times
Reputation: 12386
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
I was thinking the same things...at a bar with her friends feeling down, the friends say "hey, see that short, dumpy looking troll over there? Why don't you talk to him and play with his emotions and that should make you feel better!" This was a case of the kingsnake eating the cobra.



I would NEVER of said anything if she didn't come up to me. IF she had just left me alone, it would have been that. She was asking for it.



That's like asking why I should go after a KKK member for the lynching some other Klan's man did. They're almost all the same, women are. Anyway, she had to have alterior motives for talking to me.

This is what I am saying: It's okay to hurt people if they are asking for it. Like that fellow on a date at a fancy restuarant: I in fact did him a favor because now, he'll think twice about over spending! Or the girl at the bar: now, she'll think twice about trying to play with someone's emotions.

If you hurt someone who is asking for it, without doing any real damage to them, you will allow them a learning experience to help them grow on.

Hence, no reason to feel guilty for doing someone a favor

I'm surprised someone hasn't locked you up in a looney bin yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2009, 10:06 PM
 
Location: Delaware...Oi
1,293 posts, read 2,209,094 times
Reputation: 529
Time...Patience...and a Post Office job should cover it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2009, 11:12 PM
Status: "Randall Flagg:Obama's Ebola Czar" (set 19 days ago)
 
4,835 posts, read 5,185,483 times
Reputation: 2497
Quote:
Originally Posted by pengirl40 View Post
So tell me, if you act like this with ALL girls (way to completely write off an entire gender, thanks) then how are you ever going to find someone?
I never said I was like that with all girls. I am usually nice with everyone as long as they're nice to me. I will probably just end up with some desperate girl who I am not attracted to and who, like all females, is not attracted to me and would just be with me out of desperation. People "settle" all the time. I'm realistic.

Quote:
Ever think that maybe she WASN'T trying to play with your emotions? Or do you just automatically think the worst of people?
She came up to me at a bar, without knowing me, and started talking...what else could she have been doing? I don't think the worst of people, I just think realisticly.

Quote:
I'm sorry but your attitude is rotten. You have zero self-esteem and confidence and it's to the point that you practically hate the world and you think that anyone who shows a little human kindness and interest to you is OF COURSE trying to play you! Duh!
If I dropped my umbrella and someone handed it to me saying "you forgot this", that would be human kindness...some female at a bar trying to use me for what ever game she was playing with her friends (like maybe, "see how many goblinoid men you can get to accept this fake number") is not kind in the least.

I'm just realistic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top