Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 07:38 PM

1 posts, read 3,005 times

Advertisements

As a 30 year old black male with no kids, though I love kids, I seem to have a hard time dating women with kids. It just seems like I dont want to really be an everyday male figure in a childs life unless that child is my own. Is this natural? When I date a woman, and I look at her child, I can envision that woman's ex-lover a.k.a the babys father. Help me out. What should I do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2009, 09:39 PM

3,065 posts, read 8,898,569 times
If you have problem with it. don't do it.

This board has me thinking something is wrong with me b/c I don't really fret about what I do or don't do. Is all this doubt or internal struggle about what you should or what's right & wrong for you normal?

Old 06-11-2009, 12:36 AM

3,853 posts, read 12,866,277 times
Definitely without a doubt do not ever go with a woman with kids. She already made one mistake, you don't want to be responsible for the next mistake.

Old 06-11-2009, 12:46 AM

219 posts, read 736,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer2021 View Post
Definitely without a doubt do not ever go with a woman with kids. She already made one mistake, you don't want to be responsible for the next mistake.
Why would it be a mistake to have a child my be
her husband has died and that is why the women
is out looking to date again, having a child is
not the end of ones life.

Old 06-11-2009, 12:48 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
2 reasons for sex only 2
procreation and revenge.
& this is where you come in.

Old 06-11-2009, 12:52 AM

560 posts, read 849,283 times
It doesn't even matter a persons age or sex - but if you are having a hesitation about kids... wait a bit!! Get to know some friends or families kids, make sure of your ability to deal with them and relate to them comfortably in both your way AND their way. My belief is that you don't want to develop a feeling for the other person and then find out that you aren't ready for kids... only to have the kids really develop a feeling for you. But of course just an opinion!

Old 06-11-2009, 01:09 AM

2,191 posts, read 4,806,615 times
Its not abnormal at all. I am 29, single, and have been most of my life for a good reason. Kids are annoying, bothersome, and will literally take the best years of your youth. When I do settle down with a female it wont be to make kids, it will be because I am looking for a partner to enjoy time with...not for the specific purpose of creating life. Society has hammered into our heads that we have to grow up, get a job, get married, buy a house, have kids, etc... This is just a part of you being a tool to the system. Besides, the world is overpopulated with unwanted children as is, if I really want a kid that badly I can adopt one later in life. When I see women my own age who have kids I dont view them as a potential dating partner, I instead look at the kids and think of how all my free time would vanish.

Old 06-11-2009, 01:17 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,426,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danaland09 View Post
As a 30 year old black male with no kids, though I love kids, I seem to have a hard time dating women with kids. It just seems like I dont want to really be an everyday male figure in a childs life unless that child is my own. Is this natural? When I date a woman, and I look at her child, I can envision that woman's ex-lover a.k.a the babys father. Help me out. What should I do?
Agree I'm with you. Same age too.

Old 06-11-2009, 01:24 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,435,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danaland09 View Post
How every immature of you.

Old 06-11-2009, 03:50 AM

983 posts, read 2,773,888 times
If you don't want to have kids, don't have them. Contrary to the BS we are fed, it's a choice, not a requirement.

If you don't enjoy dating women who have kids, stop looking at it as a character flaw and find yourself a woman who doesn't have kids - and who doesn't want them (if you also don't want to have them).

It's really that simple.

And don't listen to people who call you immature or selfish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships