Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 03:20 PM

468 posts, read 1,217,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I've been emailing with one guy who had my interest until this:

"So what's the next step? Would you like to meet at a gas station and check each other out?"

Sounds like a misunderstood joke. Also perfect example of wimpy guys who ask "so what now? umm maybe would you like to meet?" rather than suggest a good place, day, time, etc. Edit: he tries to make a lame joke of it because he's not courageous enough to tell you a real plan for fear you'll say "No".

Though maybe the gas station near him is juuustttt soooooper !

At least he didn't suggest Walmart. That's low class.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2009, 04:21 PM

2,932 posts, read 5,406,053 times
Quote:

We did exchange pics, though I never show my face.
Forgive me, but I've just gotta ask...how do you not show your face in a picture? Put a bag over your head? Crop it? Wear a mask?

Old 06-11-2009, 06:41 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,412,460 times
Quote:
We did exchange pics, though I never show my face. I think it's best to meet in person as photos sometimes aren't a true representation and you can really only establish a connection in person. But it isn't going to happen on a drive by or in a parking lot. Just not the right ambiance...lol.
What? You gotta send a man your picture. No wonder he wanted to meet in a gas station. You were being silly too!

Old 06-11-2009, 06:58 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,015,749 times
Quote:
What do you kids think?
I think: I wish I never opened this thread!

Quote:
Yeah, I'm thinking no response is the best response.
I agree.

Old 06-11-2009, 07:05 PM

37,488 posts, read 45,759,678 times
Quote:
We did exchange pics, though I never show my face. I think it's best to meet in person as photos sometimes aren't a true representation and you can really only establish a connection in person. But it isn't going to happen on a drive by or in a parking lot. Just not the right ambiance...lol.
Whoa. You exchanged pics and didn't even have your face in it? Wow. See, to me THAT would have been a red flag. No wonder he wants a drive by.
Whatever the reason, I'd not go there. But I must say...I'd never meet up with anyone that had not provided a clear and recent photo of themselves, including their face.

Old 06-11-2009, 07:11 PM

Quote:
We did exchange pics, though I never show my face.
What, what, what...?! I missed this one...

In this case I'm not as surprised by the response. Sorry, PTC, but your approach flies above my head as well.

Old 06-11-2009, 07:45 PM

2,218 posts, read 3,443,399 times
I agree with Mathguy....while the whole meeting at a gas station thing sounds strange (to say the least!) it could be that he is just downright nervous and a little clueless when it comes to making these first arrangements. Suggest another place..maybe a little wine bar or coffee shop and see where he goes from there.

Old 06-11-2009, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightAttendant View Post
I agree with Mathguy....while the whole meeting at a gas station thing sounds strange (to say the least!) it could be that he is just downright nervous and a little clueless when it comes to making these first arrangements. Suggest another place..maybe a little wine bar or coffee shop and see where he goes from there.
You have to be kiddin' me! You would attempt to meet this person?! Well, no wonder men behave the way they do then... I guess anything goes...

Old 06-11-2009, 07:55 PM

24,834 posts, read 37,255,882 times
"Meet at a library and check each other out", would have been hilarious!!!

Old 06-11-2009, 08:06 PM

670 posts, read 2,111,242 times
It's seems strange that a man would join an internet dating site for the purpose of meeting women (presumably, wanting to meet them, not just giving them the once-over at a gas station), put up a profile and pictures, exchange some emails, and NOT be willing to "take a chance" at having a meal with you in person. What does he have to lose? The price of the meal? An awkward hour if you don't hit it off? If he can't handle that, why would he date in the first place? Presumably, he invested a few bucks in the internet dating site (unless it's free) so you think he'd be willing to invest some time to actually sit down and talk. Maybe it's a sign of the economic times, and gas station "meet and greets" are the wave of the future?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships