Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 06:08 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
Hey, it's not like he said, "Third stall of men's room, Flying J Truck Stop."
ahahaha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2009, 06:09 PM

1,293 posts, read 3,189,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I agree you should double date now a days its dangerous. My one friend is 25 and is going on a date with a 35 yeah old. She told me shes scared so I'm going to be the third wheel and make sure he's legit.lol

How is agreeing to someplace public not safe? If it goes bad you can be on standby.

I had this happen years back, talked to this girl for a while, liked me, gave picture of me, we meet up.....her friend is at the table....wtf?

Needless to say, that was a "seeyabye!" nice meeting you, but satan will be in the ice-capades before I call department.

I can't think of many scenarios outside of meeting where suggested in this thread, or her suffering from terminal flatulence, being more of a "get me the hell out of here" move.

Old 06-12-2009, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I want to hear an update on Monday.
I do too! However I'm thinking maybe a better guy? I dunno.

Old 06-12-2009, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynec613 View Post

How is agreeing to someplace public not safe? If it goes bad you can be on standby.

I had this happen years back, talked to this girl for a while, liked me, gave picture of me, we meet up.....her friend is at the table....wtf?

Needless to say, that was a "seeyabye!" nice meeting you, but satan will be in the ice-capades before I call department.

I can't think of many scenarios outside of meeting where suggested in this thread, or her suffering from terminal flatulence, being more of a "get me the hell out of here" move.
Hey, Hey now he suggest her mom...but asked me instead. I said i would leave if it was going good. And if they go dancing I can scat and dance with some other dude. sheesh

Old 06-12-2009, 06:29 PM

1,293 posts, read 3,189,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Hey, Hey now he suggest her mom...but asked me instead. I said i would leave if it was going good. And if they go dancing I can scat and dance with some other dude. sheesh
So this guy suggested she bring along a friend for a date? I just don't get the paranoia myself, or even entertaining the paranoia to that level. I can understand wanting someone to have a phone ready in case they do turn out to be a bit more than slightly "off" as a woman, as it isn't a perfect world.

I've suggested in the past they pick the place to meet, but if I thought she was that paranoid from the get-go, it would be obvious to me she'd be too uptight even with a friend to loosen up much during it, perhaps with the right mentality behind it you might still be up for another where you actually could talk in earnest, but how much of the normal first date things could you even want to broach as either with an audience?

The one I was referring to didn't even give notice, she just had her friend sitting next to us the entire time. I didn't consider that a date, more of a trip into the twilight zone.

Last edited by Waynec613; 06-12-2009 at 07:44 PM..

Old 06-12-2009, 06:47 PM

2,718 posts, read 5,358,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
And be sure to use the new cover sheet on the TPS report!
I'm gonna need you to come in on Suuundayyyyyy...

To the OP: If you are going to cut him loose, I'd say something like "Sorry but I don't think we're a match if you think a gas station is an appropriate meeting place."

My immediate reaction to the original post was that the guy was kidding but even if he was, it was a poor choice of joke to make if you were moving to the potential meeting stage.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:12 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
My first thought is that he is too cheap to want to meet for lunch. I get that I'm probably not the only one he is talking to. But suggest a Starbucks at least, not a gas station. What do you kids think?
Good grief, accidentally I just read about something very similar - a street corner! A street corner! To just give each other the once over and decide whether to proceed... Un-effing-believable!

I've been meaning to post about this book, but I haven't finished it and don't feel like doing it now, but I remembered your thread.

Old 06-13-2009, 02:46 AM

1,452 posts, read 3,171,345 times
Yeah, I think taking your own car and meeting in a public place should be enough. I usually have a friend on standby on the other end of the cell who calls to check in and make sure I don't need bailing out!!!

Old 06-13-2009, 07:18 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,542,940 times
Hey, a woman likes to have a man take her to an expensive place. What's more expensive than a gas station? lol

Old 06-13-2009, 08:02 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,453,396 times
Let's try to see his side of the deal. If I joined an online site and plastered my face there for all the world to see. And then this guy sends a picture of the back of his head, - or his body from the neck down, or him bending down petting a dog - with no face. What am I supposed to think? Would I be all hot to be meeting him for lunch? Or would I have questions of his reason to be hiding his face? Maybe, the more direct me - I would ask him outright to send a face picture. But, people can perfectly be less comfortable with being direct. He may be a quite intelligent guy, having questions about WHY this person hides her face, even in a private exchange (not plastered on the site). Not exactly knowing how to solve this riddle - who would, he decides to go for a half-joke. It's perfectly possible he's perplexed of the reasons of NOT showing the face, and not being a jerk.

I must say I haven't heard of this one. How a person is supposed to anticipate a date/meeting if even a picture is denied?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships