U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 11:29 AM

10,921 posts, read 9,572,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Mizz Pittsburgh View Post
I notice that a bunch of you are speaking about one night stands. One I made this thread, I really didn't have that in mind. I was referring more to the 'friends with benefits' situation. Ya know, someone you're cool with, and have sex with, occasionally, but you and that person still date and go out with other people in the process. Are you able to have sex with this FWB (friend with benefit) and not eventually catch feelings while you're having sex with them? Getting all emotional and jealous when you find out that they took someone out to the movies or dinner somewhere. Are you able to block all of that emotional stuff out and still get yours without getting emotionally attached?
I've had friends with benefits and loved it. One of the greatest things in life if you ask me. Never developed any emotional feelings for them either.

That being said, I'd never do that with someone unless I was willing to lose their friendship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2009, 11:49 AM

25,170 posts, read 33,568,365 times
So the friendship didn't even matter all that much. They were meeting your sexual needs and therefore it was good. Not really what I'd call a friendship. I'd never want to put any of my friendships at risk for ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
That being said, I'd never do that with someone unless I was willing to lose their friendship.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:06 PM

10,921 posts, read 9,572,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
So the friendship didn't even matter all that much.
I didn't say that. I'm just saying that I would engage in a FWB relationship with any friend I wouldn't be willing to lose in my life. Weighing the pros and cons, and all that.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:49 PM

39 posts, read 46,933 times
Hell no! dont lie the fact... there is alwayz an attraction to shag with someone.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:07 PM

115 posts, read 181,594 times
At this point in my life I wish that was all I had was booty calls.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:11 PM

219 posts, read 477,093 times
Quote:
Men can have sex w/o an emotional tie with their partner. Some women make the claim that they, as well, can remove the emotional element from their sexual experiences.

Can YOU have sex without the emotional element? Thoughts? Experiences?

I would think if your a hooker and get paid for it then yes there would be no emotional element, It would be all about the money.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:13 PM

2,043 posts, read 3,176,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynda05125 View Post
I would think if your a hooker and get paid for it then yes there would be no emotional element, It would be all about the money.
Hookers are usually messed up in the head, though.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:16 PM

At least they get money unlike all the F buddies that do it for free and with no strings attached. What a waste of time.......

Quote:
Hookers are usually messed up in the head, though.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:16 PM

1,667 posts, read 1,974,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynda05125 View Post
& I'd go further with that to say all "casual sex" is is unpaid prostitution

Old 06-12-2009, 01:21 PM

Absolutely. At least the hooker gets money to pay rent. "She works hard for the money and you'd better treat her right", as the Donna Summer song goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tia 914 View Post
& I'd go further with that to say all "casual sex" is is unpaid prostitution
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships