Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 12:59 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,624,668 times

Advertisements

JSizzle225 wrote:
Quote:
I bet their weight bearing bones would become bigger only from carrying more weight. If weight lifting causes bones to be denser...I would assume being over weight also does that to the hips, low back, tibia/fibula and femur.
The bones won't get bigger but they will become denser. Being overweight doesn't make a person's back stronger, in fact it causes back problems and I've known a couple of people who that's happened to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2010, 01:04 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,034,466 times
Look at it this way, you will have lots of choices out there. And it doesn't matter what you look like. The plus sized women in this world need love too.

Old 03-02-2010, 02:36 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,577,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
You look at society and EVERYTHING is targeted to size zero women. Every commercial, show, etc. However, for some reason, I find those women disgusting. When I am at a store, I find myself checking out the mom who has extra weight then the skinny college chick. My ex-wife is even plus size. I know alot of you don't believe me and that's ok. Am I wrong because I don't follow the rest of the crowd?
No you're not wrong, we all have different beliefs and points of views about women. food, everything in life, everybody's experience and point of view is different

I would rather not have a size 0 woman. I find that disgusting like you do

I dont mind if a woman is curvier, I actually prefer it. Its better then banging something thats just skin and bones, not attractive at all

Some people think there's "no such thing as too skinny" NOT TRUE There is a too skinny, and there is a too fat!

And to fat people who blame certain foods, or food ingredients for making you fat (high fructose corn syrup) Those things DID NOT make you fat, going back for 3rds and 4ths made you fat!

And to those anorexics and bulimics who are size 0 or below, take your finger out of your throat and eat a damn donut! People in Africa starve everyday and you guys cant keep a meal down boo hoo Get real people, this is America, its paradise, but you should not have to suffer in order to belong

Old 03-02-2010, 02:46 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Are you (of all people) trying to say people have the same bone frame?!
Im saying that people who are fat should not use the term "big boned" to refer to themselves because no one is really big boned. Check out this Michelle Aguilar girl, does she appear to be big boned to you? Some people (who really dont know better) might refer to her as a "big boned girl"
Attached Thumbnails
Is it wrong to be attracted to larger women???-michelle-aguilar-biggest-loser-winner-1.jpg  

Old 03-02-2010, 02:49 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
Here is a pic of Michelle after she lost all the weight. Does she still appear to be a "big boned girl"? Do you think anyone would call her a big boned girl? Her bones are the exact same size as they were before. Why no big boned now, but was big boned before? Because saying someone (other than Andre The Giant) is big boned is just flat out ridiculous.
Attached Thumbnails
Is it wrong to be attracted to larger women???-michelle-aguilar-biggest-loser-winner-2.jpg  

Old 03-02-2010, 02:57 PM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
I agree that "big boned" is a cop-out, most of the time, but people do have different bone structures. Two people can be the same height, but one can have a smaller frame while the other has wider hips, broader shoulders, and thicker arms and legs. That second person is going to be perceived as larger/heavier than the first.

Old 03-02-2010, 03:06 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Im saying that people who are fat should not use the term "big boned" to refer to themselves because no one is really big boned. Check out this Michelle Aguilar girl, does she appear to be big boned to you? Some people (who really dont know better) might refer to her as a "big boned girl"
LOL, Lao. I'm out of reps

People need to come right out and admit their obesity. Misleading terms like big-boned, curvy and the like are a crime against the confused male population (especially on dating sites)

Old 03-02-2010, 03:28 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
No, she appears obese.

Are you really saying that all women of the same height have identical skeletons? No one's shoulders are wider, no one's pelvis is bigger, no one's wrists are bigger around? Really? If Nicole Kidman and Famke Janssen (both 5' 10.5") died and we examined their bare skeletons, we wouldn't be able to guess who was who?

I agree that "big-boned" is a silly euphemism for "overweight," but positing that everyone's bones are the same size makes no sense.

Old 03-02-2010, 03:53 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
No. You can see how small her wrists are, so no way she's big-boned. However, there are people who can't "lose" their bones. See the example I gave with my mother above.

As I've said before, some have only a choice between being overweight because of medications or being alive. Others have a choice between feeding themselves junk or not being fed at all. I’d imagine even totally vain people like you sometimes may have to face these choice. If it weren’t totally inhumane, I’d wish it to you because I can barely stand you on your effing high horse. There are all kinds of circumstances in this life.

Old 03-02-2010, 04:12 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
No. You can see how small her wrists are, so no way she's big-boned. However, there are people who can't "lose" their bones. See the example I gave with my mother above.

As I've said before, some have only a choice between being overweight because of medications or being alive. Others have a choice between feeding themselves junk or not being fed at all. I’d imagine even totally vain people like you sometimes may have to face these choice. If it weren’t totally inhumane, I’d wish it to you because I can barely stand you on your effing high horse. There are all kinds of circumstances in this life.
In all honesty, that just does not cut it.

Jogging 3 miles a day is actually healthier, inexpensive and in the long run is no big deal except in making that choice to better one's metabolism.

There's no excuse to letting one's body inflate in the name of medication or poverty.

This is what I ask people - seriously, why can not they make a choice to attempt burning some mass? For all the time spent on tv, the internet and the like, a 30 minute daily jog would perform miracles.

Is it really that difficult for people? Anyone realizes how many issues it solves?

P.S: I've gone to the gym with a fracture. I've been there when my left knee cap was dancing in and out. In snowstorms, blizzards, rain, sleet etc. Last month, it was as low as 0 degrees, yet I woke up in the morning, beat the devastating cold to get my work out. It's possible. It's all in the can-do attitude. Mind over matter. Apparently, that's so hard for some people, geez!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships