U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 12:05 PM

19,022 posts, read 23,169,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Just pray it doesn't happen to you, imbecils! Most of these particular pictures may be of women, but all of the above can and does happen to men, too.

Georgia Health Info | Cushing's syndrome (http://georgiahealthinfo.gov/cms/node/130838 - broken link)
So some special and peculiar news item, which is exactly why it's a news item, is an excuse for projecting that medication disasters tend to happen in 90% of the world population and puts them out of shape??

You're much smarter than that, Sierra
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2010, 04:45 PM

172 posts, read 547,281 times
I think she was just stating that you can't ALWAYS judge why someone is overweight. Were those conditions listed common? No. But do they happen? Yes. Do you think those people it happens to try their hardest to get rid of the weight that comes on? I'm sure most do. We're talking biochemical/physiological issues compared to some foodie going up for seconds, thirds...

Also, the latter condition is now being studied and is thought to be as common as 1 in 1,000 compared to old estimates of 1-2 in 1,000,000. Brazil and India are at the forefront of new research on these conditions.

Old 03-03-2010, 05:34 PM

2,191 posts, read 3,889,313 times
Oh yes, its quite wrong to be attracted to larger women! You should immediately seek mental therapy.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:16 PM

12,978 posts, read 27,415,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas2010 View Post
I think she was just stating that you can't ALWAYS judge why someone is overweight.
Exactly. That is why when it comes to these forums when the issue of weight is discussed, I assume we are just talking about people who are normal and not suffering from some sore of illness unless the thread/title specifically states such ailment the person is suffering from.

So, to answer the OP, no it is NOT wrong to be attracted to larger women. Me personally, I am NOT attracted to them.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:56 PM

12,105 posts, read 39,474,898 times
The thing I'm surprised that no one has brought up so far is that both Rosie O'Donnel and Anna Nicole Smith could be described as "plus size" or "large" - and, OK, if both, either, or neither light your fire, there isn't anything wrong with it one way or the other. It's just taste.

But me, Anna Nicole was always (physically) appealing to me, but Rosie not so much. But that's just MY taste. But I think there are more guys out there that would like Anna than Rosie.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:00 PM

7,714 posts, read 13,199,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
The thing I'm surprised that no one has brought up so far is that both Rosie O'Donnel and Anna Nicole Smith could be described as "plus size" or "large" - and, OK, if both, either, or neither light your fire, there isn't anything wrong with it one way or the other. It's just taste.

But me, Anna Nicole was always (physically) appealing to me, but Rosie not so much. But that's just MY taste. But I think there are more guys out there that would like Anna than Rosie.
Besides the obvious figure differences, I think it might be related to the fact that Rosie isn't really known for her feminine side. If Anna was all butched out, I don't see the men digging her either.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:06 PM

24,757 posts, read 31,048,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post

Yes, because there are many attractive qualities that Anna had, while Rosie is pretty much hideous.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:10 PM

26,550 posts, read 31,038,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Besides the obvious figure differences, I think it might be related to the fact that Rosie isn't really known for her feminine side. If Anna was all butched out, I don't see the men digging her either.
Yeah but Rosie was pretty hot in The Flinestones movie wearing that short animal print and carring that big club. I thing Fred and the gang was into a leather / bondage thing back in the caves.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:16 PM

24,757 posts, read 31,048,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Yeah but Rosie was pretty hot in The Flinestones movie wearing that short animal print and carring that big club. I thing Fred and the gang was into a leather / bondage thing back in the caves.
That's funny, because I thought they did Betty Rubble a disservice by having Rosie play her. Betty was a good-looking prehistoric cartoon character.

Old 03-16-2010, 11:49 AM

862 posts, read 1,029,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhistlerMCMLV View Post
I have seen an, ahem, large number plus-size women who were more plus in the sex appeal department than the minus-size women most of the press and about two-thirds of its sycophancy can only imagine.

But who's kidding whom? Today such women as Jane Russell, Sophia Loren, and Gina Lollobrigida would be considered plus-size women.

And too many people would say that as though it were a bad thing.

Sad isn't it.

Men are more than partially to blame for the negativity surrounding the term "plus size," but women are just as guilty too.

The three beautiful ladies you mentioned are far from what I'd consider "plus-size." The closest woman of that time I'd consider voluptuous was Anita Ekberg. That woman had some rediculous curves, even moreso than Jayne Mansfield who was considered the voluptuous woman by many in Hollywood not named Marilyn Monroe.

Jessica Simpson is not plus sized, although some guys I know firmly believe she is. She did gain some boob and bum weight in recent years but I wouldn't put her in the plus sized category. I think she does look way better as a curvy woman as opposed to her youthful waify days.

Jennifer Lopez and Beyonce are examples of women that have nice curves but they wouldn't make the voluptuous scale as far as I'm concerned. Bootywise they both qualify. Cleavagewise neither qualify. The only time J-Lo ever qualified as a voluptuous woman was during her pregnancy. She gained a cup size or two and looked yummy mummy hot before she was ready to pop.

Nigella Lawson closely defines voluptuous IMO. She's proportionate with a nice waist-to-hip ratio and a rack to match the quality of her booty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships