U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-14-2009, 01:44 AM
 
Location: SoCal - Sherman Oaks & Woodland Hills
12,978 posts, read 27,406,887 times
Reputation: 10491

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
YIs it wrong to be attracted to larger women???
Of course its not wrong to be attracted to larger women. It is however wrong to think that what you see on TV, magazines or commercials and think that what they show is what "society" says is right/acceptable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-14-2009, 02:04 AM
 
Location: So Cal
13,384 posts, read 9,117,966 times
Reputation: 10863
Have you seen Jim Belushi roll his stomach "muscles" in "Return To Me"? I fell in love and passed out, in that order.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2009, 02:14 AM
 
Location: At the Lake (in Texas)
2,072 posts, read 1,772,683 times
Reputation: 4980
In my opinion, men who would give you a hard time about your preference are men who are insecure. A man who is secure loves who he loves, enjoys what he enjoys without apology. Insecure men seem to have to have a "trophy" to impress others.
We all have our own preferences or at least an "ideal" of what is attractive to us...and frankly, I think all this nonsense about striving for size zero is some sort of covert attempt to reduce women to nothing. It's causing our young girls to become ill trying to be something that they weren't meant to be - when women become women, most of us have curves and no longer look like 12 year old boys...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2009, 02:17 AM
 
Location: CA
3,469 posts, read 6,579,388 times
Reputation: 4738
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
and frankly, I think all this nonsense about striving for size zero is some sort of covert attempt to reduce women to nothing. It's causing our young girls to become ill trying to be something that they weren't meant to be - when women become women, most of us have curves and no longer look like 12 year old boys...
Oh please....most women and girls are overweight now & unhealthy. The real problem is OBESITY. Being thin doesn't mean you look like a boy either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2009, 02:35 AM
 
4,804 posts, read 6,677,326 times
Reputation: 3005
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
Oh please....most women and girls are overweight now & unhealthy. The real problem is OBESITY. Being thin doesn't mean you look like a boy either.
true!! I'm thin myself, my friends call me "anorexic" but i have big boobs and wide hips...thanks to my Israeli heritage..all the women there are super skinny with big boobs and wide hips. I'm definitely far from a boyish figure.

However, if men like their women obese or unhealthy..then that's their decision. I dont think these men should encourage their gf's/wives to risk their lives by being so overweight though, because they could wind up ill or even dead. Yes dead.

Also, very few men like their women obese anyways (they're out there, but not that many), I think what the OP was talking about was women who are curvy and have some "meat" which is still healthy as they are not obese. A lot of guys are into these body types believe it or not! Even as a female, when I see super skinny girls who look like little boys (and I'm straight, mind you!)..I think its nasty! and if they have a boyfriend, I feel bad for him..that must hurt the poor guy in bed! lol

Bottom line, from what I've noticed, men like womanly shapes, boobs, hips and a nice butt, and a pretty face, as long as she's not obese. Am I right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2009, 06:51 AM
 
Location: Tampa baby!!
3,258 posts, read 7,530,860 times
Reputation: 1791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane72 View Post
It's a fetish.
You know obesity is unhealthy.
To find an unhealthy body more sexually attractive than a healthy one is an aberration. It's aberrant.
It's not morally "wrong", per se, unless it's causing some sort of dysfunction in your life.

But, well, for instance, you say your wife is "plus size". You talk about being sexually attracted to women who have "extra weight".
You must realize "extra weight" is unhealthy and that it's going to adversely effect your wife's life span and quality of living, if she doesn't lose it.
I hope that your aberrant attraction to "extra weight" is not hindering her attempts to become more healthy and extend her longevity and quality of life by losing weight.
I wouldn't put everyone over a size 12 in that category if I were you. I am a 16, and would be super happy to be a size 14. I am not looking to be a size 5 or even a 10, because should I go that low I am likely to lose a ot of my best asset,because it's one of the first places women lose it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2009, 07:02 AM
 
Location: So Cal
37,401 posts, read 34,575,343 times
Reputation: 37544
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
true!! I'm thin myself, my friends call me "anorexic" but i have big boobs and wide hips...thanks to my Israeli heritage..all the women there are super skinny with big boobs and wide hips. I'm definitely far from a boyish figure.

However, if men like their women obese or unhealthy..then that's their decision. I dont think these men should encourage their gf's/wives to risk their lives by being so overweight though, because they could wind up ill or even dead. Yes dead.

Also, very few men like their women obese anyways (they're out there, but not that many), I think what the OP was talking about was women who are curvy and have some "meat" which is still healthy as they are not obese. A lot of guys are into these body types believe it or not! Even as a female, when I see super skinny girls who look like little boys (and I'm straight, mind you!)..I think its nasty! and if they have a boyfriend, I feel bad for him..that must hurt the poor guy in bed! lol

Bottom line, from what I've noticed, men like womanly shapes, boobs, hips and a nice butt, and a pretty face, as long as she's not obese. Am I right?
F ing he right.

Like the big boobs and hips, love the meaty women
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2009, 07:23 AM
 
Location: Delaware...Oi
1,293 posts, read 2,749,631 times
Reputation: 534
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
true!! I'm thin myself, my friends call me "anorexic" but i have big boobs and wide hips...thanks to my Israeli heritage..all the women there are super skinny with big boobs and wide hips. I'm definitely far from a boyish figure.

However, if men like their women obese or unhealthy..then that's their decision. I dont think these men should encourage their gf's/wives to risk their lives by being so overweight though, because they could wind up ill or even dead. Yes dead.

Also, very few men like their women obese anyways (they're out there, but not that many), I think what the OP was talking about was women who are curvy and have some "meat" which is still healthy as they are not obese. A lot of guys are into these body types believe it or not! Even as a female, when I see super skinny girls who look like little boys (and I'm straight, mind you!)..I think its nasty! and if they have a boyfriend, I feel bad for him..that must hurt the poor guy in bed! lol

Bottom line, from what I've noticed, men like womanly shapes, boobs, hips and a nice butt, and a pretty face, as long as she's not obese. Am I right?

It depends, actually woman are by design supposed to have a slightly higher body fat content then men. I can't remember what the difference is offhand, but it's more than a few percentage points.

Of course in most of society, it's gone to weird extremes in some cases as seen as desirable for some reason.

Desirable to me is all I care about, if I like her and she has an unhealthy weight, I'd just try to support altering whatever habits are usually causing the best I can.

I have no preference. I would think if you do have a definitive preference for this, ignoring others, then I'd give it a "the hell?" classification rather than "wrong".

I will say women do for all the hollywood and media garbage get far more leeway in attracting the opposite sex in this then men in reality, as so long as it doesn't affect other features negatively like double-chins and the like it isn't necessarily an instant turn off for the majority of the opposite sex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2009, 08:05 AM
 
Location: Orlando, FL
12,253 posts, read 15,005,287 times
Reputation: 6583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane72 View Post
It's a fetish.
You know obesity is unhealthy.
To find an unhealthy body more sexually attractive than a healthy one is an aberration. It's aberrant.
It's not morally "wrong", per se, unless it's causing some sort of dysfunction in your life.

But, well, for instance, you say your wife is "plus size". You talk about being sexually attracted to women who have "extra weight".
You must realize "extra weight" is unhealthy and that it's going to adversely effect your wife's life span and quality of living, if she doesn't lose it.
I hope that your aberrant attraction to "extra weight" is not hindering her attempts to become more healthy and extend her longevity and quality of life by losing weight.
I think you're overreacting. He's not talking about someone whose 380 pounds and confined to a wheelchair, just someone who is full figured and plus sized. If any of you watch television you'll remember the chick who won top model was plus-sized. She was a size 10 and by most people standards a average weight.

I don't think someone who is a size 14 is going to die any quicker than someone whose a size 8, if they're both in reasonably good health.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2009, 08:19 AM
 
11,146 posts, read 11,538,372 times
Reputation: 11910
I am glad someone likes the meatier ones.

I personally don't.

I look at a couple together and I think...."What kind of sex life could they possibly have?"

The world makes excuses for overweight people. I don't think it is healthy at all. I think it is sad to see so many people who are plus plus size. I mean...I am talking about the one's that probably miss alot of spots when showering cause they can't reach them.

I guess there is a fantasy for everyone. Fat, short, tall...feet. Whatever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top