U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 03:48 AM

83 posts, read 228,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
The store Lane Bryant, which is a plus size clothing store and catalog, has this logo on their web site.

"The fashion leader is women's plus-size clothing 14-32"

Plus New Arrivals | All in sizes 14-32 from Lane Bryant

So I guess it would be anything 14 and up according to them, and they are the fashion leader
14!! Thats riddiculous - i wouldnt consider 14 as a plus size at all! Id start it at 18/20 myself. But im not a fashion leader
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2009, 04:51 AM

1,121 posts, read 2,909,426 times
There is a person for everyone in this world. That is why everyone is attracted to someone different. Sometimes men use women as ego boosters. They want to take them out and show them off to make themselves more important. That is kind of empty. You love the woman that makes you happy because exactly how much time do you spend in the company of others anyway.
A lot of people always think the grass is greener on the other side. Here is a funny story. My best friend and I have been best friends for 49 years, since we were 10. Even though most of our lives were have been separated through marriages, moves, etc, we have always remained best friends just like when we were kids. Now we see each other only about every two years, and as we are getting older we talk about our life experiences. One day she said to me, You know, we get along so well, I sometimes wish you were a man. I told her the same thing. Then we burst out laughing realizing if we both got our wish, we would be 2 men! LOL

Old 06-19-2009, 04:57 AM

1,121 posts, read 2,909,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
My only thought about this is....
when I'm looking at a woman nude, in person, could I enjoy masturbating to her picture if I had one? Most almost obese/obese women would fail this measuring standard.
That's probably my problem, but it is what it is.
Well, suit yourself, but maybe that is why you are masturbating to pictures. One thing about full figured women, is that society leads them to believe they have to perform better to be equal. So instead of pictures, you could be enjoying a real woman who can suck a baskektball through a garden hose. LOL

Last edited by yukiko11; 06-19-2009 at 05:10 AM..

Old 06-19-2009, 05:34 AM

253 posts, read 898,004 times
Why seek validation for what you like? Sounds like you aren't very comfortable with your preferences, like something must be wrong with you for finding fuller figures more attractive.

You need some self-evaluation time, so that you are able to move ahead with full acceptance and confidence in what you like without needing society to agree or approve.

I could be wrong but sounds like what you are truly trying to express is that because society puts so much focus on the beauty of thin female builds as ideal, it makes you feel uncomfortable with liking plus-sized figures. Understandable as we all want to fit in, feel normal and accepted, but who wants to be a lemming, a follower, a faker...most importantly untrue to yourself?

Old 06-19-2009, 07:09 AM

6,270 posts, read 11,333,501 times
I have a special reason for being happy that my wife is a plus size. She has Addison's Disease. That's where your adrenal glands shut down. If she gets stressed or sick and starts throwing up, unless she gets in the hospital and treatment, that is what will kill her. She got down to 75 pounds before the doctors finally found out what was wrong. Dr. told her as long as she's not losing weight, she's fine. She's heavier than most doctors would want her to be, but as long as she stays this way, we're going to have a long and happy marriage! I always say there's more there to love! lol

Old 06-19-2009, 07:13 AM

1,271 posts, read 3,436,415 times
Amen and Amen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer2021 View Post
The faster you learn to not give a crap what other people think the sooner you will realize how happy you can be in your life.

Old 06-19-2009, 07:16 AM

Then it's time to teach you some new positions.

filmystore.blogspot.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fomalhaut View Post
I have been with a women who was larger in size. She was a very fun person. When love making though if you are not large like my self, and the women is on top be prepared to feel like you are being squashed.

Old 06-19-2009, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar77 View Post
Speaking for my Plus sized sisters who are beautiful and have great sex lives: Ahem....when was the last time you turned to your your man that adores you, and asked if it bothered him that thin people wondered how we do it?
He's turned on all the time, and given his inability to keep his hands off me in some of the most inappropriate places (ie grocery store), I'd say if I did ask him what he thought, his response would be "I don't give a %$#@ !".

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar77 View Post
Seriously, it's all about health. You need to be healthy for those fun activities! And we should know someones weight will not determine that alone.
Not to mention some of those activities provide a damn good work out

Old 06-19-2009, 07:30 AM

11,102 posts, read 11,904,557 times
Is it wrong to be attracted to larger women???

It won't hurt you...unless you fall off of her or she falls on you of course.JMO

Personally I LOVE the bigger built "farm girl" figure.

Old 06-19-2009, 08:36 AM

6,270 posts, read 11,333,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fomalhaut View Post
I have been with a women who was larger in size. She was a very fun person. When love making though if you are not large like my self, and the women is on top be prepared to feel like you are being squashed. Other than that size is only an illusion in ones own mind, but that goes for everything in life. Everything we view or hear or smell or feel in life is really just chemical and electrical actions happening between the neuro receptors within our own brains. When you see and feel things it just illusions happening in the mind. Living those illusions is what being human is all about. Some are better than others that for sure.
If I was squashed, at least I'd go with a smile on my face! lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships