Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 04:28 PM

855 posts, read 1,383,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicket View Post
I think it depends on the height and build of the person. I wear a 12 or 14 depending on the brand name, and people tell me I look thin. BUT- I am also nearly 5' 10". (And so 'plus-sized' for a different reason.)
If a 5'2" woman wore a 12/14 I would think she would indeed be 'plus-sized' (and what others might consider 'fat').
I don't think there's a clear definition of what is considered "plus sized," cause I really don't know.

Some women have bigger bones and more bone mass and they often get categorized as "plus sized."

When I think of plus sized women, I think Kirstie Alley, Roseanne Barr, Rosie O'Donell, and Oprah when she was really big.

Someone told me they consider Queen Latifah a plus sized fat chick, but I consider her big boned and more voluptuous, even after her breast reduction surgery.

Nigella Lawson of "Nigella Feasts," is what I'd consider voluptuous, but not fat or plus sized.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2010, 04:30 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
Small petite women generally do not have large breasts...

Old 03-01-2010, 04:51 PM

855 posts, read 1,383,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Small petite women generally do not have large breasts...
Not always true. I once worked with a really short girl, barely 5'0, who had a tiny waist, a tiny butt with very small hips and she was contemplating getting breast reduction surgery.

She was a natural FF cup, borderline G cup during her menstral cycle, and she looked massive because everything else was small. I don't think she had the surgery because of her fears of losing sensation in all areas of her breasts. I saw her pregnant not to long after working with her and she got even bigger up top, of course with the pregnancy. Almost scary big.

Girls have told me that the right size bra brings a whole new world of comfort they would have never discovered if they continued to wear the wrong size. A lot of women haven't been fitted properly for the right size which makes everything uncomfortable and the back pain that much more unbearable.

Old 03-01-2010, 05:10 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,618,410 times
shortnblack wrote:
Quote:
Some women have bigger bones and more bone mass and they often get categorized as "plus sized."

When I think of plus sized women, I think Kirstie Alley, Roseanne Barr, Rosie O'Donell, and Oprah when she was really big.

Someone told me they consider Queen Latifah a plus sized fat chick, but I consider her big boned and more voluptuous, even after her breast reduction surgery.
I really don't think there is that much variation in the size of a human skeleton except in terms of height. I doubt very much if people who are extremely heavy have large jumbo bones unlike the rest of the population, they've just got more weight on a typical sized bone structure. But having said that I also don't find the skeletal remains of models to be all that attractive, they've got beautiful faces but they're far too thin in my opinion. I really prefer women who are shapely and what many would consider to be overweight but I think they're attractive. Of course everything needs to be in proportion so a belly bigger than the breasts or hips would force me to find the nearest exit but in my opinion women with a few extra pounds in the right places are very sexy. I hate to see so many women feeling like they need to look like the models they see in fashion magazines because most of those models look like they just escaped from a concentration camp.

Old 03-01-2010, 11:33 PM

2,170 posts, read 3,305,460 times
Big women can be cool but you have to sleep with them in the dark. A lot of them want to slide into that thick category and have pushed the fence back to include what is considered thick!
I like women with meat but they have to be in proportion. For example if the belly supercedes a woman's breast, I just can't do it. Maybe if I'm under the influence!

Old 03-02-2010, 01:24 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortnblack View Post
Not always true. I once worked with a really short girl, barely 5'0, who had a tiny waist, a tiny butt with very small hips and she was contemplating getting breast reduction surgery.

She was a natural FF cup, borderline G cup during her menstral cycle, and she looked massive because everything else was small. I don't think she had the surgery because of her fears of losing sensation in all areas of her breasts. I saw her pregnant not to long after working with her and she got even bigger up top, of course with the pregnancy. Almost scary big.

Girls have told me that the right size bra brings a whole new world of comfort they would have never discovered if they continued to wear the wrong size. A lot of women haven't been fitted properly for the right size which makes everything uncomfortable and the back pain that much more unbearable.
I know, that's why I used the word "generally". It's uncommon, but it happens.

Old 03-02-2010, 08:29 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortnblack View Post
LOL. This "big boned" stuff is about as true as Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster and Aliens. There is no such thing as people being "Big Boned". Some people (mostly in the black community) refer to themselves/people who cary extra weight/fat as being big boned because no one wants to say "fat/big/plump/obese" etc. Then, they usually refer to a poor argument of "oh, havent you heard of small/med/large framed people?" WNBA players like Candace Parker and Lisa Leslie are 6' 6" and 6' 7" tall (so their bones must be pretty big huh?) but are very thin people.

A person's bone/frame size does NOT indicate if they are larger or not. Its the amount of extra weight/fat on their bodies that make them larger, not their bone size. Geez.

Old 03-02-2010, 08:54 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
LOL. This "big boned" stuff is about as true as Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster and Aliens. There is no such thing as people being "Big Boned". Some people (mostly in the black community) refer to themselves/people who cary extra weight/fat as being big boned because no one wants to say "fat/big/plump/obese" etc. Then, they usually refer to a poor argument of "oh, havent you heard of small/med/large framed people?" WNBA players like Candace Parker and Lisa Leslie are 6' 6" and 6' 7" tall (so their bones must be pretty big huh?) but are very thin people.

A person's bone/frame size does NOT indicate if they are larger or not. Its the amount of extra weight/fat on their bodies that make them larger, not their bone size. Geez.
Are you (of all people) trying to say people have the same bone frame?!

Body frame size? Small frame, medium frame, large frame?.

Relations between frame size and body composition and bone mineral status -- Chumlea et al. 75 (6): 1012 -- American Journal of Clinical Nutrition

Old 03-02-2010, 09:04 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,403,421 times
No, of course it's not WRONG. I myself find a wide range of female body types attractive. I'm not going to pretend I know dress sizes though, so I can't list the range.

For me, other things are more important like face and how well we vibe. Good thing it's like that or I'd be like a kid in a candy store trying to date everyone.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:48 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,618,410 times
sierraAZ wrote:
Quote:
Are you (of all people) trying to say people have the same bone frame?!
No, but if you look at that first link you posted and check out how small the variations really are between people it really doesn't amount to much at all. If you were to take an X-ray of a very heavy person and a very thin person of about the same height and compare their bone structure you wouldn't see much difference and the thin person could just as easily have a slightly larger frame than the heavy person. The point is that obesity is not the result of having huge bones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships