Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2009, 08:45 AM

1,382 posts, read 2,385,834 times

Advertisements

I see them as warning labels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2009, 08:48 AM

2,191 posts, read 4,806,963 times
Women with tattoos is disgusting. 100% turn off. I am more attracted to cieling fans.

Old 06-21-2009, 09:00 AM

1,091 posts, read 3,592,684 times
I've never dated or married a guy without tattoos.
At this point, if I ever got divorced again or my husband died, I might consider it. At my current age (36), I've lost some of the judgementalism of youth; plus, tattoos have just become so ubiquitous in our society that they no longer mean what they used to mean. They no longer represent much of anything, culturally speaking. They may have a different personal meaning to each person who has them.

I need a partner who's unconventional and outside the mainstream in the same way I am.
It's just that I no longer believe a tattoo is a label which guarantees this, as I did when I was younger.
At this point, if I ever had to look for another partner, I believe my choice would have a lot more to do with who he was inside than what he looked like outside.

Old 06-21-2009, 09:36 AM

2,203 posts, read 5,085,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjohnson View Post
I see them as warning labels.
Sadly, you are missing out on knowing some super great people then....judging the book by it's cover and all......I'm sorry for you.

Old 06-21-2009, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
Women with tattoos is disgusting. 100% turn off. I am more attracted to cieling fans.

Good luck with that ceiling fan thing....it could get quite painful.

Old 06-21-2009, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC~Mom View Post
Good luck with that ceiling fan thing....it could get quite painful.
Thats my whole point. Cieling fans dont do it for me, nor does a girl thats inked up. Im not judging people with tattoos, do whatever you want with your life/body. I am saying that it is a complete turnoff.

Old 06-21-2009, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Thats my whole point. Cieling fans dont do it for me, nor does a girl thats inked up. Im not judging people with tattoos, do whatever you want with your life/body. I am saying that it is a complete turnoff.

I get your point hon.

My point is the fact that it's cool that some people don't like the idea of tattoos.....but most people here that have responded to this thread....are very insulting....and that's uncalled for.

Imagine that...my tattooed self is more couth than some of the un-tattooed people here.

Old 06-21-2009, 10:50 AM

Quote:
I get your point hon.

My point is the fact that it's cool that some people don't like the idea of tattoos.....but most people here that have responded to this thread....are very insulting....and that's uncalled for.

Imagine that...my tattooed self is more couth than some of the un-tattooed people here.
I've actually considered getting a tattoo before but then I thought about it long term and decided against being a hypocrite since I really dont like them on women. I know plenty of people who do have them and have even dated a girl or two that had a few small ones in good taste. I view them kind of like I do girls who wear shades all the time. Its like they are hiding something. The eyes to me are one of the best features on a woman and I hate it when they cover them. I view this the same way with a woman's back or arms/legs, etc... The parts are so nice left alone, why mess with them? It would be like me buying a brand new dodge viper then putting a bumper sticker on the back that says "I'm only speeding because I have to go poop". It ruins the car.

Old 06-21-2009, 11:11 AM

733 posts, read 1,928,351 times
Quote:
I've actually considered getting a tattoo before but then I thought about it long term and decided against being a hypocrite since I really dont like them on women. I know plenty of people who do have them and have even dated a girl or two that had a few small ones in good taste. I view them kind of like I do girls who wear shades all the time. Its like they are hiding something. The eyes to me are one of the best features on a woman and I hate it when they cover them. I view this the same way with a woman's back or arms/legs, etc... The parts are so nice left alone, why mess with them? It would be like me buying a brand new dodge viper then putting a bumper sticker on the back that says "I'm only speeding because I have to go poop". It ruins the car.
LMAO! I see your point... But everyone has their own idea of what they like, and we aren't always going to like the same thing. I can completely understand if tattoos aren't your "thing".

What I have issue with are the people who assume that you are less than just because you have one. I don't think they even can grasp how many people out there actually have them. People that they would never guess did. Yet they are so ready to pass judgement just because they have some ill gained preconceived notion of what a person with a tattoo "is".

It's like saying every blonde is a floozy and every brunette is smart....It's just not so, and very insulting to peoples intelligence......

Old 06-21-2009, 11:14 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:
I get your point hon.

In threads like this one and the ones about topics like dating single parents, it's less a discussion thread and more everyone giving honest feedback about what they think of the thread topic. And no one ever changes their opinions either.

And basically, my family and friends all think tattoos and body piercings on the majority of people wearing them are trashy and not at all appealing. Of the one acquaintance that paid a $1000 for a dragon tattoo to cover the ice hockey player that was already tattooed on his back, that we never ever saw before because he never takes his shirt off in public, we think that he's a complete idiot about life. Of the young women I've met with bits and pieces of tattoos adorning their bodies, they aren't very bright either.

Stereotypes exist for a reason. When 99% of a certain group of people that I've encountered in real life don't impress you, well... it does tend bring the whole group down in reputation. BTW I hardly base my opinions on what I see in the media or on tv. But after some hard thought, I can't think of any famous person with tattoos that I respect or am impressed with as a thinking productive human being. And it doesn't help that tatted up Amy Winehouse is so messed up and scary looking when she's out in public.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships