Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2011, 07:55 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,335,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
I'll say it again.

There's something quite distasteful about a person who gets a tattoo of their mother, girlfriend, or michael jackson for love, respect, or w/e.

I'd rather have someone get one simply because they believe it looks good on them, without any other significance.
But getting somebody's name or portrait etched onto you isn't the only variety of tattoo that one might get due to personal significance.

A Marine might get the USMC insignia, or something that relates to his platoon or company, or whatever it is that Marines have. A person of Irish descent may get a Celtic design. A person of faith may get religious iconography, so on, so forth. The line between, "This is meaningful to me," and "I like how this looks" is one that overlaps.

Choosing a design with personal meaning is usually a smart thing to do, in that, if you just choose a design at random because you think it looks cool in the spur of the moment, you're more likely to get sick of it in the future than if it actual has personal significance. IMO, there's really no reason TO get something permanent on your body if it doesn't have any personal significance, but to each, his or her own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2011, 10:40 AM

2,788 posts, read 5,080,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bad-John View Post
I'm bigger than Kid! For me it about EVERYTHING else besides the money and fame. I could go in his shop and BS until the end of time with him. I could ride with him and before long I would be working right beside him. We do the same kind of stuff. I think I was the only biker dude when all of us got together that didn't have any tats.

My girls dad is a biker and he dont have tats..

Old 02-22-2011, 11:05 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,556,228 times
It's funny... I've noticed that heavily tattooed/modified people are so much nicer in general than people who don't have them. Perhaps that's one of the reasons they are more attracted to tattoos? Maybe they're just more outgoing than the normal person? I know I am

Case in point, I went downtown this weekend to celebrate a friends birthday. I was making friends, mingling, having a good old time, then I took my jacket off. I have a nearly complete sleeve and it was amazing how people's attitudes changed. Those people who were nice and jovial towards me all of a sudden became distant and found something else to do. Not all of them were like that, but many were.

Cut to yesterday, playing pool at a local Fisherman's dive surrounded by folks with tattoos who were nice to EVERYONE, regardless of what they looked like or if they had tattoos. Even without showing mine they were far more accepting and just plain nicer. Dirty dives > 'high class' lounges.

That said, I prefer a man to have tattoos. In fact, I'd feel weird dating someone who didn't have any...

Old 02-22-2011, 12:21 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,205,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
It's funny... I've noticed that heavily tattooed/modified people are so much nicer in general than people who don't have them. Perhaps that's one of the reasons they are more attracted to tattoos? Maybe they're just more outgoing than the normal person? I know I am
Yes!!!!!!!

I have absolutely found this too, JJ. There is no discrimination, no judgment.

That sucks about people's attitudes toward you changing. I can't stand that. It's like, you already know what kind of a person I am, and now your opinion of that is going to change due to my physical appearance? Who needs friends like that.

Old 02-22-2011, 12:58 PM

3,047 posts, read 9,007,417 times
Kinda nasty if you ask me. If you see a woman with tattoos, a lot of people think she is more loose with other things in her life whether it be sexually or drugs, what have you...

Old 02-22-2011, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
Kinda nasty if you ask me. If you see a woman with tattoos, a lot of people think she is more loose with other things in her life whether it be sexually or drugs, what have you...
A lot of people do think those things, unfortunately. I have a rather large bust and for some reason people think I'm loose sexually because of that...and I'm definitely not. Apparently, big boobs = ho.

So yes, I'm a 6' tall, busty tattooed woman, think of me what you will

Old 02-22-2011, 01:41 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,980,857 times
Quote:
A lot of people do think those things, unfortunately. I have a rather large bust and for some reason people think I'm loose sexually because of that...and I'm definitely not. Apparently, big boobs = ho. [
How did you come to the conclusion that people think you're loose ?

I think you're getting sexual advances simply because you have a large bust, not because they equate your bust size to being loose.

Old 02-22-2011, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
How did you come to the conclusion that people think you're loose ?

I think you're getting sexual advances simply because you have a large bust, not because they equate your bust size to being loose.
I've actually been told by men that they thought I would be easier to sleep with because of my bust, so that's where I get the notion from.

Old 02-22-2011, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
But getting somebody's name or portrait etched onto you isn't the only variety of tattoo that one might get due to personal significance.

A Marine might get the USMC insignia, or something that relates to his platoon or company, or whatever it is that Marines have. A person of Irish descent may get a Celtic design. A person of faith may get religious iconography, so on, so forth. The line between, "This is meaningful to me," and "I like how this looks" is one that overlaps.

Choosing a design with personal meaning is usually a smart thing to do, in that, if you just choose a design at random because you think it looks cool in the spur of the moment, you're more likely to get sick of it in the future than if it actual has personal significance. IMO, there's really no reason TO get something permanent on your body if it doesn't have any personal significance, but to each, his or her own.

Once again, the idea of expressing one's self with tattoes doesn't sit well with me. What's being expressed is irrelevant.

From my stand point, the highlighted examples are in no way different or better than my initial examples.

Old 02-22-2011, 01:50 PM

Quote:
I've actually been told by men that they thought I would be easier to sleep with because of my bust, so that's where I get the notion from.
Fair enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships