U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 07-30-2009, 01:03 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
4,086 posts, read 4,939,106 times
Reputation: 2516
Oh no! woe is me!! I'm 5'7", I'll never find a mate! Well, gotta run now...I have some lottery tickets to buy.

lol

 
Old 07-30-2009, 01:24 PM
 
3,220 posts, read 3,954,082 times
Reputation: 1815
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
Oh no! woe is me!! I'm 5'7", I'll never find a mate! Well, gotta run now...I have some lottery tickets to buy.

lol
Make that two of us.

I'm just a shade over 5'7".

But I'm sure not at the least worried about it though.
 
Old 07-30-2009, 01:31 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
4,086 posts, read 4,939,106 times
Reputation: 2516
Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
Make that two of us.

I'm just a shade over 5'7".

But I'm sure not at the least worried about it though.
I'm 5'7" and a full HALF, actually! That's TALL for 5'7" guys!

People don't realize that 5'7" in Jersey is not short at all... If it were, a lot of guidos would be out of luck, but you see the opposite, where they are all with these hot guidettes. Kinda like Joe Pesci (a Jersey guy, again!) with Marisa Tomei in My Cousin Vinny.

A common sight in Jersey:
http://www.videodetective.com/photos/037/001575_27.jpg (broken link)
 
Old 07-30-2009, 01:39 PM
 
2,433 posts, read 2,394,748 times
Reputation: 1766
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
I'm 5'7" and a full HALF, actually! That's TALL for 5'7" guys!

People don't realize that 5'7" in Jersey is not short at all... If it were, a lot of guidos would be out of luck, but you see the opposite, where they are all with these hot guidettes. Kinda like Joe Pesci (a Jersey guy, again!) with Marisa Tomei in My Cousin Vinny.

A common sight in Jersey:
Yeah im the same height in NYC and dont really feel all that short,maybe most of the posters here are from the midwest or something where all this Tall guy worship is coming from..
 
Old 07-30-2009, 03:14 PM
 
Location: Some place very cold
5,503 posts, read 13,727,172 times
Reputation: 3924
I'm a little person, so I can't date anyone over 6 feet. It's too daunting.
 
Old 07-30-2009, 04:56 PM
 
11,001 posts, read 6,938,722 times
Reputation: 8239
Opti, dont go all Baldwin on your daughter, or call her a little pig either. Remember she is your daughter.
 
Old 07-31-2009, 02:20 PM
 
Location: Olympus Mons, Mars
2,830 posts, read 4,327,374 times
Reputation: 2161
most of the world's men are under 5'8 so not sure what the OP implies Yes, height is some kind of obsession with women here in the US but not in the rest of the world. The population of women in the US (5% of the world total) hardly reflects the preferences of women in general.
 
Old 07-31-2009, 07:09 PM
 
6,764 posts, read 13,612,330 times
Reputation: 4466
This has to be one of the silliest threads, ever. If this was a fact, would not 'short people' have been genetically wiped out if 'short men' never get a mate?

Men, you don't have to be 6 feet tall...I come from a family of 'short men.' My grandfather, I believe was less than 5 feet 5 tall (I do not know exactly as I was only 3 when he died). My dad is just about 5 feet 7 or 8 and he got married! And my brother has been married 2 times and he is probably 5 feet 7 or so.

Now we come to my husband who is 5 feet 8 inches...and yes, husband means we are married...!

Oh my 3 men that 'do not fall into any of these studies.'

Threads like this only cause people to get upset...you know like 'if you are fat you will never find a man.."

Meanwhile you go into this forum and 99% of the 'hot chicks' are complaining they can't get a man to commit. Sad, isn't it, when you are vacuous!
 
Old 07-31-2009, 07:16 PM
 
Location: Southern California
3,239 posts, read 4,473,627 times
Reputation: 4186
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
People don't realize that 5'7" in Jersey is not short at all.
Yep. I live in SoCal and 5'7 is pretty average, especially since there's so many Latino men who tend to be on the short side. At 5'8, I'm at eye level with most men here. I believe 5'9 is the national average too, so people acting like 6'0 is average for men must live in areas with exceptionally tall people.
 
Old 07-31-2009, 07:20 PM
 
Location: southern california
49,293 posts, read 45,833,123 times
Reputation: 40375
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
Yep. I live in SoCal and 5'7 is pretty average, especially since there's so many Latino men who tend to be on the short side. At 5'8, I'm at eye level with most men here. I believe 5'9 is the national average too, so people acting like 6'0 is average for men must live in areas with exceptionally tall people.
which is why i will never never leave i love california
i had to leave texas--- anybody under 6 ft there is considered a pygmy.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 07-31-2009 at 07:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.



All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top