Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 12:54 AM

1,490 posts, read 4,165,965 times

Advertisements

Ohh and by the wayb one of the men I went out with was from Victoria and very short all around,,,wasn't him he was great! Sounds like it is really you.

Old 06-15-2009, 12:58 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,951,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane72 View Post
That's exactly what I'm seeing, in my brief time on this forum.
VP, you post a lot of threads about why most women aren't good enough for you, and about why most women wouldn't like you because they don't think you're good enough.
"Good" is a relative term.

Quote:
I'm going to venture out on a limb here and say that I think you're scared to death of women, sex, relationships, something... yet at the same time weirdly compelled by/ obsessed with it, which is why you feel the need to keep coming up with these constant rationalizations/ excuses.
Yahh, got me there...but I am not making rationalizations and excuses as much as I am simply making observations.

If people in relationships were stars (the celestial, not Hollywood kind) I would be an astronomer: Always observing, never visiting the object of observation.

Quote:
People who are happy to be abstinent don't need to constantly diss the opposite sex, and themselves.
...congragulations!...you have said the one thing that I am at a loss to explain. *sigh*yahh, you have a point.

Quote:
I suspect that when you go out, you act aloof and superior. That's probably why you aren't approached by anyone.
Try going out and getting drunk (hey, this wouldn't be my advice for everyone, but I think you need to loosen up and let down your defenses a little). Strike up conversations with every woman in the club. Risk rejection (there will no doubt be a lot of it). Experience rejection. Realize that rejection is not the end of the world. Move on and talk to the chick at the next table. Drinking a lot will allow you to do this.
Do this the next night too, and the next, and the next.
Do this for an entire week, and I bet that by the end of the week, you will have made several friends. There are lonely, socially-awkward women at bars and clubs, just like there are lonely, socially-awkward men. There are women who have just broken up with their boyfriends, and are feeling sad and needing someone to listen to their troubles. There are all kinds of women who would be glad for your company.

Try this. Seriously.
I wish you would follow my advice and try this, and then write up a little review of how it went.
The drinking is absolutely crucial to the plan. If you don't drink, you're only going to sit there silently, feeling weird and not talking to anyone.
Seriously, try this. Just consider it an experiment.
Thing to remember is that not all people are comfortable around the "club" environment. I am not the "Night at the Roxbury" type.

YouTube - A Night At The Roxbury, What is love techno RMX

I don't know...maybe it is me....

Old 06-15-2009, 12:59 AM

61,289 posts, read 87,134,660 times
you could be right, maybe maybe---- they prefer billlionaires that look like movie stars too but there is such a thing as availability.

Old 06-15-2009, 01:18 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,062,923 times
It is true that in physical features, I do prefer tall men over short men. Yes, most women do. I think alot of that is subconsciously it makes us feel 'protected'. It's similar to the theory that men as a whole prefer women with large breasts over women with small breasts because big breasts are a subconscious symbol of fertility (sorry, don't feel like looking for a link for that right now).

But being tall is not all that is necessary. A man could be 6'5 and look like Clive Owen but if he's an arrogant jerk all credibilty and attractiveness goes out the window.

Everybody has their quirks. I'm an 'eye person' myself. If a man (or woman) takes care of themselves, are healthy and clean, are nice and presentable and at least somewhat educated and cultured (all very broad terms but I'm not going into detail here) with a good personality, than that's what matters. And yes, the old cliche that a good sense of humor is important still stands.

My hubby is quite short in height (5'11) but I find him very attractive and I love him very much.

Besides, don't most men prefer short women? My hubby complains I'm too tall (his girlfriend before we got married was a tiny 5'1; he says I'm a monster compared to her).

Last edited by annika08; 06-15-2009 at 01:35 AM..

Old 06-15-2009, 01:29 AM

1,293 posts, read 3,183,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
But being tall is not all that is necessary. A man could be 6'5 and look like Clive Owen but if he's an arrogant jerk all credibilty and attractiveness goes out the window.
Hell, I'm screwed.

Quote:
Besides, don't most men prefer short women? My hubby complains I'm too tall (his girlfriend before we got married was a tiny 5'1; he says I'm a monster compared to her).
Most maybe, not sure. If we're being honest here, it's not really mine. The biggest drool-factor date I've had in recent memory was the 6'1 woman I met.

It's a "preference", but hardly a given for attraction, even initial physically based.

Old 06-15-2009, 01:35 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,373,854 times
Hey my ex was a 5'4 inch goblinoid too. I'm 5'4 inch myself. Tall guys have never really been much my preference.

Old 06-15-2009, 01:42 AM

3 posts, read 12,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
You are average male height. I am 5'2 1/2. Men that height stand no chance. Prove me wrong: any evidence to the contrary? Any?....
I feel for you. 5'2.5" is rough, although not impossible.

I will share you a little secret. I was 5'5.5" until I was 25 years old. I'm now almost 5'10" (I'm 27). I just couldn't settle for my height since I had more things going for me than most guys I know, yet the height overshadowed everything. Pretty stupid if you ask me. But it is what it is.

So how did I get taller? I had height surgery. Yes, people are going to flame me, I know. But it is one of the best decisions I have ever made, and yet it was also one of the easiest (and not very painful at that). I am a walking testimony to the fact that people treat you differently when you are taller.

Anyway, I am just letting you know that options do exist to gain a few inches. And don't let people say you'd be crazy to do that... I'm not crazy. It only cost me $10,000 and 9 months of my time, and I don't think I'll ever regret it. EVER. Height doesn't matter anymore... you can change it. Anyway, PM me if you want more info.

Old 06-15-2009, 02:00 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,566,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
I need scientific evidence. I have provided scientific evidence...can anyone give me scientific evidence to the contrary? NO!
Man-man from I Love New York 2. He has kids. There. Happy?

What do you really look like apart from being very short and look like a troll, Grumpy from Snow White and the Seven Darwfs?

Old 06-15-2009, 02:02 AM

258 posts, read 442,291 times
Here a little humor to add to this thread!!!!

YouTube - Gilette - Short dick man

Old 06-15-2009, 03:03 AM

346 posts, read 728,105 times
I'm tall and I kind of like it when I'm taller than a guy. I don't think the OP's height has anything to do with it, it's the being heavy, with no hair and goatee that's the problem. I also think tall women have a much harder time finding someone than a short guy. Short and tall guys go for the midgets, which makes it hard for tall women out there to find a man.
Also, to other posters QUIT TELLING SHORT GUYS TO ONLY GO FOR SHORT WOMEN!!! That's just really messed up, shallow and just makes you look stupid. Tall women need love too and tall women are usually less likely to discriminate against shorter guys. Plus, tall women have the nice legs.
I know a guy who's 5'2" that has women after him quite a bit. That scientific enough?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.