Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2010, 04:15 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,670,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
this thread is just pathetic...3/4 of the posts are hypotheticals assuming that a woman would take a guy who is 2 or 3 inches taller than a shorter guy...Ive read posts by people who think that some guy who is 5'8 or 5'9 really has an edge over a guy who is 5'5-5'6...are you kidding me?! You think that a woman would be able to discern two inches of height?...get outta here...that is just sheer paranoia...
I've previously admitted that I am not attracted to short men, precipitating all sorts of whining about how I would probably date someone who is 6'0" and not 5'10". These whiners invariably ignore the fact that height -- like everything else -- is assessed visually. I've never asked a man what his height was, simply because you just don't ask dates about any measurements; hey, men generally don't ask women how much they weigh -- slenderness or plumpness are apparent on sight. I'm actually pretty bad at estimating height or distances accurately, so an actual number doesn't really matter. Conversely, numbers don't sway me in the other direction either. A man who appears to be my height (I'm 5'2") while wearing high-heeled boots, can protest he's 5'8" all he wants (this actually happened) -- I'll still see him as short.

Old 02-27-2010, 05:45 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,226,401 times
5' 9"- 6' is not short! You are normal, at least in some ways???LMAO........ The GF digs the abnormality!LMAO...........

YouTube - AC DC Big Gun

Old 02-28-2010, 02:52 AM

5,312 posts, read 6,080,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
I've previously admitted that I am not attracted to short men, precipitating all sorts of whining about how I would probably date someone who is 6'0" and not 5'10". These whiners invariably ignore the fact that height -- like everything else -- is assessed visually. I've never asked a man what his height was, simply because you just don't ask dates about any measurements; hey, men generally don't ask women how much they weigh -- slenderness or plumpness are apparent on sight. I'm actually pretty bad at estimating height or distances accurately, so an actual number doesn't really matter. Conversely, numbers don't sway me in the other direction either. A man who appears to be my height (I'm 5'2") while wearing high-heeled boots, can protest he's 5'8" all he wants (this actually happened) -- I'll still see him as short.
Dies that mean 5'8 is short to you or the guy was lying and nowhere near 5'8?

Old 02-28-2010, 06:21 AM

3,486 posts, read 5,670,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Dies that mean 5'8 is short to you or the guy was lying and nowhere near 5'8?
It means, if it looks short, it is short, as far as I am concerned. I don't care about numbers.

Old 02-28-2010, 06:55 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,531,842 times
So maybe you need something to compensate for your height.

There's a midget couple on TV, but I don't know what their names are. I don't watch that show.

Old 02-28-2010, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
It means, if it looks short, it is short, as far as I am concerned. I don't care about numbers.
Good point, I can't say if someone is a 34B or a 38C--but I'll probably be more interested in the 38C. All things being equal, of course.

Old 02-28-2010, 12:00 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,637,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Good point, I can't say if someone is a 34B or a 38C--but I'll probably be more interested in the 38C. All things being equal, of course.
38C is overweight, unless the woman is really tall or is an athlete with extreme upper body strength which would likely mean less than a C cup. (Don't yell at me, 38C women... 95% of you are chubby.)

I guess I just proved you right about not knowing numbers!

Old 02-28-2010, 12:14 PM

Well, a skinny girl would probably not have a 38C--unless she had work done. The thing is, I don't know by looking what her size is...but I'm going to be attracted to the bigger ones either way.

Old 02-28-2010, 12:15 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,383,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
38C is overweight, unless the woman is really tall or is an athlete with extreme upper body strength which would likely mean less than a C cup. (Don't yell at me, 38C women... 95% of you are chubby.)

I guess I just proved you right about not knowing numbers!
Do you think you could explain the bra numbers...I don't really get it either.

Old 02-28-2010, 12:21 PM

309 posts, read 1,208,429 times
Smile Short gals and guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
So many times I hear people offering an oppinion on this, but never any facts. Well, here are 5 different scientific studies that show what women look for in a man: HEIGHT

Tall men, skinny women - Broadsheet - Salon.com

Tall Guys Attract Girls and Have More Children Than Short Men

How Much of an Advantage Do Tall Men Have? Are Tall Men Really Better Off?

don't want no short, short man **FINAL REPORT**

Short Persons Support: Research : Personals Analyzer

Now, I can guarantee that I will have people attacking me personally, but not the content of this post (making themselves look immature in the process) while others will INSIST that that is not the case (despite not showing any scientific evidence to the contrary)

If someone could show me some ACTUAL EVIDENCE to prove me wrong, as in scientific evidence or a study that goes against the studies I have posted, I will listen. Instead, I will get people denying the evidence and attacking myself in a childish manner.

Face it: short men have a better chance of winning the lottery then they do of finding a mate. Either prove me wrong using evidence, or fall silent.

Greetings,
When I visited the east coast. There is plenty of short folks of both genders. Try there
Be Blessed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships