Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2010, 10:12 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynight View Post
I knew I was not the only one who noticed that as well. I have no problem with a woman who does not date men shorter then them at all. But you have to reasonable if you have a height requirement. It makes much more sense for a woman 5'8 to say that and have that certain requirement!!
I dont even have a problem with a real short girl wanting tall men its the condescneding attitude and disdain some women have for shorter guys that makes no sense..

Why would you come into a thread abot short men and tell us how much you dont find short men attratcive?

Besides At 5 foot somebody at 5'7 shouldnt be a midget to you..

Old 03-08-2010, 10:16 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,596,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I dont even have a problem with a real short girl wanting tall men its the condescneding attitude and disdain some women have for shorter guys that makes no sense..

Why would you come into a thread abot short men and tell us how much you dont find short men attratcive?

I agree. Nothing wrong with having preferences, but if you are short yourself and turn down someone much taller than you because they were not the specific height you demanded, you get no sympathy from me!!

Old 03-08-2010, 11:07 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,974,082 times
Thats something that Ive never understood, which is that: how does a short woman hold such a contemptuous attitude toward short men?... you're short too!...what? you think just because you think its cute for you to be a female midget, that then makes it ok to degrade short men?...

lets not kid ourselves into thinking that short women are exactly supermodels here either..I sure some men find them attractive, but remember, that is only a preference among some men....and its cool to have preferences, but if you need a tall partner (man or woman) to validate your own height deficiency, then that says more about you, than your disdain for short people of the opposite sex says about their lack of desirability.

Old 03-08-2010, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
Thats something that Ive never understood, which is that: how does a short woman hold such a contemptuous attitude toward short men?... you're short too!...what? you think just because you think its cute for you to be a female midget, that then makes it ok to degrade short men?...

lets not kid ourselves into thinking that short women are exactly supermodels here either..I sure some men find them attractive, but remember, that is only a preference among some men....and its cool to have preferences, but if you need a tall partner (man or woman) to validate your own height deficiency, then that says more about you, than your disdain for short people of the opposite sex says about their lack of desirability.
Exactly. Personally a woman's height means nothing to me as how I view her!!

Old 03-08-2010, 11:53 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,224,623 times
Quote:
I knew I was not the only one who noticed that as well. I have no problem with a woman who does not date men shorter then them at all. But you have to reasonable if you have a height requirement. It makes much more sense for a woman 5'8 to say that and have that certain requirement!!
Of course I'm short! I never said I wasn't. I'm just saying that I don't like men that are short. 5'7 is short for a man. Just because I'm short doesn't mean I have to marry a short man! I want to help my kids out so they don't end up like me! haha

Old 03-08-2010, 11:56 PM

Quote:

Why do I have to be tall to participate in this thread? I can't have an opinion because I'm short? That's ridiculous. I don't find short men attractive. I have no reason why, but I also don't like "average" height either. I like REALLY tall men. I can't help that I find them most attractive. Anyway, I'm married so it doesn't matter now.

Old 03-08-2010, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Youre barely 5'0 and you're calling your dad at 5'7 really short? lol

5'9 is average height for aguy so 5'7 is a little short but you're acting like its a midget
LOL Sorry, I don't think he's a midget, just compared to my husband he is!

Old 03-08-2010, 11:59 PM

Quote:
I agree. Nothing wrong with having preferences, but if you are short yourself and turn down someone much taller than you because they were not the specific height you demanded, you get no sympathy from me!!
I've never turned down a guy who was short. For some reason a lot of tall men like short women so I never had a problem dating someone who was tall (over 6'0)

Old 03-09-2010, 12:04 AM

What bothers me is that y'all are suggesting since I'm short that I should like short people. I don't see why it matters who I find most attractive. I don't think short people are hideous (EVERYONE in my family is short), but I personally don't like short men.

Old 03-09-2010, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
What bothers me is that y'all are suggesting since I'm short that I should like short people. I don't see why it matters who I find most attractive. I don't think short people are hideous (EVERYONE in my family is short), but I personally don't like short men.
Maybe I should have clarified my stance more, not saying you should only like short men. There are things that men and women feel different about. Being that men, on average, are taller than women; it is much more reasonable for a woman to look for a taller man. Everyone has preferences and requirements , nothing wrong with that,but what some of the men are saying is they hate being crucified for being short!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships