Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 08:25 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,948,111 times

Advertisements

So many times I hear people offering an oppinion on this, but never any facts. Well, here are 5 different scientific studies that show what women look for in a man: HEIGHT

Quote:
Thank goodness for research grants! A team of academics at England's University of Essex recently set out to answer some important questions about men, women and speed dating, and turned up the unsurprising finding that women tend to prefer taller men
Tall men, skinny women - Broadsheet - Salon.com

Quote:
Women prefer the vertically blessed brothers. The study was carried out by polish and British scientists who looked at medical records of around 3,300 people. The results showed that men who were 1.2 m on average height were reported to be childless.
Tall Guys Attract Girls and Have More Children Than Short Men

Quote:
Steve Penner, the previous owner of a Boston-based dating service, says he heard it all the time. "It is common for many women to insist that any man they date must be "at least" four to six inches taller," he says.
And the reason may be genetic.

Experts like James Gould from Princeton University believe that women's preference for tall men is hard-wired into the brain, and it's there because it relates to good health.
How Much of an Advantage Do Tall Men Have? Are Tall Men Really Better Off?

Quote:
Abstract This study tested for a link between human height,power, and mate choice.

don't want no short, short man **FINAL REPORT**

Short Persons Support: Research : Personals Analyzer

Now, I can guarantee that I will have people attacking me personally, but not the content of this post (making themselves look immature in the process) while others will INSIST that that is not the case (despite not showing any scientific evidence to the contrary)

If someone could show me some ACTUAL EVIDENCE to prove me wrong, as in scientific evidence or a study that goes against the studies I have posted, I will listen. Instead, I will get people denying the evidence and attacking myself in a childish manner.

Face it: short men have a better chance of winning the lottery then they do of finding a mate. Either prove me wrong using evidence, or fall silent.

Old 06-14-2009, 08:29 PM

2,430 posts, read 2,758,317 times
Default Short men tall women?

If you try you will get what you are looking for..........but want the right thing.....be the best you can be .

Old 06-14-2009, 08:39 PM

26,486 posts, read 36,338,220 times
I know plenty of short men who have gotten married or are in serious relationships. I'll freely admit that I prefer a man to be taller than I am, though.

Old 06-14-2009, 08:43 PM

15,639 posts, read 40,921,483 times
My first thought upon seeing who the OP of this thread was is "Oh Good God - not more of this crap again!!!"

Old 06-14-2009, 08:46 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,682,223 times
I'm 5'2 so its not hard for a man to be taller than me. Yes though my brothers are 6'2 and 6'3. I dated a man 6'4 but at times it was awkward! lol My son's father is 5'8.

Old 06-14-2009, 08:55 PM

111 posts, read 315,607 times
most women would like to find someone taller than they are, even when they are wearing heals......but i am a true believer that God creates someone for everyone

Old 06-14-2009, 08:59 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,865,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I'm 5'2 so its not hard for a man to be taller than me. Yes though my brothers are 6'2 and 6'3. I dated a man 6'4 but at times it was awkward! lol My son's father is 5'8.
That's crazy. I'm a woman 5"2, with two brothers 6"2 and 6"3.

No kids here, though.

Old 06-14-2009, 09:01 PM

1,091 posts, read 3,584,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
So many times I hear people offering an oppinion on this, but never any facts. Well, here are 5 different scientific studies that show what women look for in a man: HEIGHT

Tall men, skinny women - Broadsheet - Salon.com

Tall Guys Attract Girls and Have More Children Than Short Men

How Much of an Advantage Do Tall Men Have? Are Tall Men Really Better Off?

don't want no short, short man **FINAL REPORT**

Short Persons Support: Research : Personals Analyzer

Now, I can guarantee that I will have people attacking me personally, but not the content of this post (making themselves look immature in the process) while others will INSIST that that is not the case (despite not showing any scientific evidence to the contrary)

If someone could show me some ACTUAL EVIDENCE to prove me wrong, as in scientific evidence or a study that goes against the studies I have posted, I will listen. Instead, I will get people denying the evidence and attacking myself in a childish manner.

Face it: short men have a better chance of winning the lottery then they do of finding a mate. Either prove me wrong using evidence, or fall silent.

Unless you're a midget or a dwarf, that's not true at all.

As I mentioned in another thread, I prefer men who are on the shorter side.
I'm tiny, and my preference has always been for men who don't tower over me.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/9185213-post35.html

I stated in the above post that I like men in the 5'6" range, but the truth is I've dated men much shorter than that. As long as they're taller than me, it's fine, and I'm not much over 5 feet.
They just need to be proportionate, that's all.
5'4" and 200 pounds is not okay.
My ideal guy is bantam weight.

Old 06-14-2009, 09:16 PM

5,312 posts, read 6,077,733 times
Im 5'8 and hooked up with a very attractive girl the other day

*shrugs*

Old 06-14-2009, 09:17 PM

14,561 posts, read 22,963,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
FACT: I stand a better chance of winning the lottery twice than you do of finding a mate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships