Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 09:30 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
I have moved around with self-empowered women in my work life. Have a hard time imagining a lady who expects such stuff from the good boy in this age
There's nothing wrong with stability in any day or age. Just because a woman is empowered doesn't mean she wants to raise some loser.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 09:32 PM

1,293 posts, read 3,189,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driedupfish View Post
Well that's not cool, It would suck if I find out the woman that I will marry secretly lusts thrill of the bad boys but had to give them up and marry me for a stable life, that's not really fair..
This is why you date. You ASK questions. If she thought you wouldn't have been good enough before, you move on.

I don't see the complication.

Anytime I hear, "well I've grown up now", or "I used to be such a bad girl dating those..", gone, out the door, see ya, have fun, bye. That's code for "I only cared about a certain look, so I'm Forrest Gump's love-child with the village idiot".

Old 06-15-2009, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynec613 View Post
This is why you date. You ASK questions.
Sure, Wayne... If I'm shopping for a husband I'll tell him immediately his type is not exactly my first choice! Life must be good in Naiveland!

Old 06-15-2009, 09:36 PM

1,629 posts, read 3,477,480 times
I've never dated bad boys.

I'm almost 29, and still single.

Maybe I should start.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:39 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,509,594 times
penis

Old 06-15-2009, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
penis
Tourette?

Old 06-15-2009, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Sure, Wayne... If I'm shopping for a husband I'll tell him immediately his type is not exactly my first choice! Life must be good in Naiveland!
So you share nothing about you're past history when you start to get into someone? I'm not about to do a background check on anyone I date, I think most of what and who someone is and has been usually comes to the surface fairly fast if you're looking and listening.

And it's awesome here, but I like your planet better, there's free movie popcorn. All I get is the lame 70's jiffy-pop stuff.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynec613 View Post
So you share nothing about you're past history when you start to get into someone?
There's a difference between "sharing" and "full disclosure." The latter is done (not always) in court under oath, maybe to your mother, and maybe in a shrink's office.

Quote:
And it's awesome here, but I like your planet better, there's free movie popcorn. All I get is the lame 70's jiffy-pop stuff.
You're always welcome to visit! I'm not stingy with the popcorn, either.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
There's a difference between "sharing" and "full disclosure." The latter is done (not always) in court under oath, maybe to your mother, and maybe in a shrink's office.

You're always welcome to visit! I'm not stingy with the popcorn, either.
I ask about "types", people are generally honest, patterns can be seen and heard. If you're wearing a full on nerd suit, ya, she's probably going to lie. But you seem to be stating that her previous stupidity wouldn't be evident at all. I have yet to see that not come out fairly early on.

If they want stability over being with the exciting guy when they get older, fine, start a 401k. I'm betting I can get most of the skinny on how she was by how she discusses her past and how she acts in the present.

I'm no bad boy, but I'm no saint, or "nice guy" by the definition that gets thrown around. I'm just me, and relatively normal save my rutish partially hermited lifestyle. However, the ones that don't really go for that in youth, but claim to have seen the light so to speak usually have a basis for that in personality traits, or lack of them.

I'm a hoot to be with, can and will throw down in less time than it takes a priest to confess to alterboy sins with the right woman, and have always been generally cheerful. If that wasn't good enough for the girl in her youth, it's usually doubtful she'll be thrilled with it when "she's grown up".

Wish I could say the same...This jiffy-pop stuff is a pain to make, and I burn my fingers on the metal handle, as nieveville can't afford pot-holders due to cut-backs...lame.

Last edited by Waynec613; 06-15-2009 at 10:29 PM..

Old 06-15-2009, 09:52 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,717,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mearth View Post
I've never dated bad boys.

I'm almost 29, and still single.

Maybe I should start.
<writes down in his notepad>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships