Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 09:58 AM

1,293 posts, read 3,182,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
That's is BS. I love going 'downtown'. Of course the streets have to be 'clean' in order for me to go .
If she needs a mechanized $300k street sweeper to keep it that way I'm outtie..

Old 06-18-2009, 10:10 AM

1,086 posts, read 3,347,736 times
Whata Gwon Bad Bwoy, you like Jamaican men Eh?

I've had many Jamaican friends over the years, great people.

As far as going down is that a pre-requisite for dating? Lol

You find yourself a Mandingo you won't care about that... hahaha

Old 06-18-2009, 10:13 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,258,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eger View Post

Bamba Clot mon!

Old 06-18-2009, 10:38 AM

2,043 posts, read 5,035,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eger View Post

I've never dated one. There aren't many up here where I live. And, this one is far from the stereotypical image you see on TV with the dreads and stuff. He looks like a Corporate professional businessman...short ceasar very well-groomed haircut. Hazel eyes. I guess he was coming from work, because he had on a suit and tie...but once he opened his mouth, that accent had me like........he said he hails from Kingston.

I posed this question on another board I post on, and the majority are saying DON'T DO IT! Calling them everything from possessive, to controlling, to being BUG-A-BOO'S.....

Old 06-18-2009, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Mizz Pittsburgh View Post
I've never dated one. There aren't many up here where I live. And, this one is far from the stereotypical image you see on TV with the dreads and stuff. He looks like a Corporate professional businessman...short ceasar very well-groomed haircut. I guess he was coming from work, because he had on a suit and tie...but once he opened his mouth, that accent had me like........he said he hails from Kingston.

I posed this question on another board I post on, and the majority are saying DON'T DO IT! Calling them everything from possessive, to controlling, to being BUG-A-BOO'S.....

Well, there's only one way you'll find out how he really is. Go for it!

Old 06-18-2009, 10:50 AM

2,043 posts, read 5,035,093 times
Quote:
Well, there's only one way you'll find out how he really is. Go for it!
He said he wants to take me out sometime this week-end. I don't know because the vibes, he gave me over the phone, weren't that good, once we started like REALLY talking about things. My intuition is telling me..

Maybe I'll let him take me out. Once we go out, and vibe more in person, and if I'm still not feeling him on any level, I will just let him know that this isn't going to work. Simple as that. No sense in stringing the man along. He's 9 years older than me, so I'm assuming he would appreciate me telling him the truth.

Old 06-18-2009, 10:52 AM

Quote:
He said he wants to take me out sometime this week-end. I don't know because the vibes, he gave me over the phone, weren't that good, once we started like REALLY talking about things. My intuition is telling me..

Maybe I'll let him take me out. Once we go out, and vibe more in person, and if I'm still not feeling him on any level, I will just let him know that this isn't going to work. Simple as that. No sense in stringing the man along. He's 9 years older than me, so I'm assuming he would appreciate me telling him the truth.

Exactly. Just go on a normal date so you could catch a feel of who he really is. However on most first dates people usually put up a fake persona by trying to impress each other.

Old 06-18-2009, 10:54 AM

77,715 posts, read 59,844,990 times
Quote:
Hmmm...thanks for sharing that..

There's another stereotype that says they don't like going 'downtown', if you know what I mean....
Go for it...that's what dating is about.

Only one way to find out.

Old 06-18-2009, 11:00 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,355,323 times
I don't have any personal experiences but I have only heard that they are extremely possessive, aggressive and get highly jealous and can be violent with women. A girl here was shot and killed by a Jamaican BF when I was in high school and I read about an island men beheading a girl off a bus put of anger. I can't say all Jamaican men are like this but I've never been interested because of these awful rumors. And other reasons.

Old 06-18-2009, 12:40 PM

1,086 posts, read 3,347,736 times
Quote:
Bamba Clot mon!
Ras Clot!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.