Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 05:43 PM

709 posts, read 1,761,795 times

Advertisements

Considering the fact that Jamaica has one of the highest per capita murder rates in the world, I am not surprised that Jamaican men have a bad reputation when it comes to the way they treat their girlfriends/wives.

Old 06-18-2009, 07:55 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,034,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e.ortega View Post
I met one at a Reggae Lounge one night. We hit it off right away. He wasn't very possessive because he was a NOMAD and a HUGE PLAYER
He was also a DREAD and DID NOT GO DOWNTOWN .

One of my best friends is from Trinidad and hanging out with her and a couple of her men at the Reggae Lounge and parties I have noiced that they are STRAIGHT UP WOMANIZERS, a lot DO NOT GO DOWN SOUTH especially the DREADS but they do know how to FINANCIALLY TAKE CARE OF THEIR WOMEN (all 20 of them they may have ) They love their GANJA but being possessive and aggressive never seen that from any of the men my friend has dated or myself hanging out with her and meeting Caribbean men from the islands.

Good Luck let us know what happens
Chile, he done already asked, on Day #1 on the phone, if I would allow him to 'spoil me'....

Being the materialistic person that I am, I would LOVE him to, but we all know what comes along with THAT....he'll be trying to put me on LOCK DOWN...and I am SO not the one...

Old 06-18-2009, 09:04 PM

542 posts, read 1,095,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e.ortega View Post
I met one at a Reggae Lounge one night. We hit it off right away. He wasn't very possessive because he was a NOMAD and a HUGE PLAYER
He was also a DREAD and DID NOT GO DOWNTOWN .

One of my best friends is from Trinidad and hanging out with her and a couple of her men at the Reggae Lounge and parties I have noiced that they are STRAIGHT UP WOMANIZERS, a lot DO NOT GO DOWN SOUTH especially the DREADS but they do know how to FINANCIALLY TAKE CARE OF THEIR WOMEN (all 20 of them they may have ) They love their GANJA but being possessive and aggressive never seen that from any of the men my friend has dated or myself hanging out with her and meeting Caribbean men from the islands.

Good Luck let us know what happens
The Reggae Lounge?! Is that place still around?? Never been there but my sister used to go cause she loved WI guys.

I agree w/the womanizing. Both of my sisters fell victim to WI guys. One from Jamaica, the other from Barbados. Both of them expected my sisters to remain faithful while they spread their seeds all over the world. One of my closest friends experienced the same. I know it's not good or right to generalize but...

Old 06-18-2009, 09:43 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,655,470 times
Watch the Jamican man! yeah mon! mi sey no johncrow!

Old 06-19-2009, 07:14 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,514,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
I have an ex that is obsessed with dating men from that area of the world. The only thing she tells me is that guys from the Carribbean treat their women like garbage.....very very posessive. This probobly isnt true of all of them, but she has dated many (and I do many many) guys from that area of the world.
Not possessive, not like garbage. We just don't let any other men near our women.

Old 06-19-2009, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
Not possessive, not like garbage. We just don't let any other men near our women.
So what do you call that type of behavior? Sounds like a territorial and possessive trait to me...

Old 06-19-2009, 08:25 AM

35,910 posts, read 30,461,955 times
There arent many Jamacians in my neck of the woods. All I know about Jamacian men is the joke about an American couple honeymooning at a nude beach in Jamacia. The man had his wifes name, Wendy, tatooed on his penis, but when flacid all you could see was W Y. He happend upon a Jamacian that also had W Y tatooed on his penis so the man explained about how he came to have W Y tatooed on his penis and asked if the mans wife was also named Wendy. The Jamacian replied no mon it says WELCOME TO JAMACIA HAVE A NICE DAY

Old 06-19-2009, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Mizz Pittsburgh View Post
So what do you call that type of behavior? Sounds like a territorial and possessive trait to me...
Territorial, yes. Possessive, no. I know how men are. They will disrespect you openly if they think they can get away with it. So I let them know they can't.

And I always treat my lady like a queen.

Old 06-19-2009, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
Territorial, yes. Possessive, no.
I guess there is a difference between territorial and possessive. Possessive is when a guy doesn't want his girl to go out with her girlfriends, talk on the phone to family/friends, and things of that nature. Just wants to control her every move. Territorial is more like protection.

Old 06-19-2009, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Mizz Pittsburgh View Post
I guess there is a difference between territorial and possessive. Possessive is when a guy doesn't want his girl to go out with her girlfriends, talk on the phone to family/friends, and things of that nature. Just wants to control her every move. Territorial is more like protection.
Exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.