Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2009, 10:52 AM

1 posts, read 1,284 times

Advertisements

I know most of you will think i should be put in a menty ward but here goes i moved in with my first luv from high school we lived together for 8 yrs befour i found out that she was having an affair with you guessed it my so called best friend the way i found out about it was she took an overdose of sedatives and ended up in the hospital i thought it was because of me but when she was released and told me why she had done it i was so hurt and i could just ask her is it over she said no now i was really lost did not know what to do we decides to give it 6 months to see if we could fix it no go on my birthday she said she was moving out i was floored she was going back to him that lasted a month she knew she made the wrong choice thats when i should have walked away but i was still so much in love i would try anything big mistake she kept fooling around with other guys but kept calling me i was trapped and defense less i turned to drinking at age 28 just to keep those horrible feelings from coming back didnt work i finally found another great lady after at least a hundred affairs i thought this was love but i guess i didnt know what that really was anymore we had 2 children a great life but i would still hear from the original from time to time she got married and drank herself to death now there is no way for me to put a closing on this curse i hate myself for being so weak and not ending this 40 yrs ago well i guess its time to go back to the menty ward thanks for reading hope somebody gets something out of this blunder,if this happens to you run like hell and dont look back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2009, 11:02 AM

1,293 posts, read 3,189,905 times
Ok, I have to take back the other thread's title status, THIS is the longest run-on sentence in C-D history.

So, from what I gather, this is a woman you lived with for 8 years, she was seeing your roommate/bestfriend on the side. You tried to take her back. Started drinking. She drank herself essentially to death.

The moral of the story was to run don't walk to the exit when you note cheating?

Old 06-18-2009, 11:06 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
if you are still hurt over this, then I believe you fail to see anything positive. Can't you see how lucky you actually were....?

and for what? 40 years? We are all products of our choices....you apparently enjoy victimizing yourself....so, if I were you and you really do feel this way and are not a troll, then seek some counseling.

Old 06-18-2009, 11:28 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
I am more concerned with your inability to use proper punctuation 40 years after high school than I am with your inability to find closure with this relationship. Perhaps closure -- be it emotional or grammatical -- is just something you struggle with? About your long lost love, I think your feelings are probably warranted. Everyone lingers on their first love (it's their first love after all), and it sounds like you were cursed (blessed) to have a first love in the mold of an Edna St. Vincent Millay or Zelda Fitzgerald. Fast women, you have to love them (or else they put a gun to your head or poison in your food).

Old 06-18-2009, 11:38 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,336,879 times
I said it once and I will say it again:

Old 06-18-2009, 12:41 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
Menty ward. Are you sure it's not a Minty Ward? You know, a place where you get fresh breath?

Old 06-18-2009, 12:47 PM

161 posts, read 341,849 times
I am just sad for you. Living in the past is never the answer. Always look toward the future!

Old 06-18-2009, 01:10 PM

1,293 posts, read 3,189,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Menty ward. Are you sure it's not a Minty Ward? You know, a place where you get fresh breath?
He just misspelled mentos.

THAT's the fresh maker.

Old 06-18-2009, 01:11 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,829,023 times
OP I want you to literally take one step back...and slap yourself in the face. Ok now that you have your undivided attention...go do something. Anything. Get out and get some air. The cheating drunk is gone and will not be back. You may as well start living your life now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships