Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 03:37 PM

279 posts, read 593,359 times

Advertisements

My boyfriend and I have been dating for a year, and he won't add me as a friend on Facebook. He's told me that he doesn't log on to Facebook very often and pretty much all the people who are on his friends list added him first and he doesn't talk to them. He has a private profile, however, so I can't see who his friends are or how often he uses the site. I have jokingly complained to him about not adding me because I didn't want to make a big deal about it, but it really hurts my feelings because it makes me think that he either doesn't think very much of me or doesn't want to publicly acknowledge our relationship to his friends. I've never sent him a friend request because I don't want to be rejected by MY OWN BOYFRIEND, but he knows that I would gladly accept if he sent one to me. I understand that social networking sites have the potential to cause drama in relationships, so that's why I haven't really pushed the issue, but am I wrong to feel even somewhat slighted by this??

Old 06-18-2009, 03:42 PM

18,383 posts, read 19,014,497 times
I don't think you are wrong at all. I am sure I would feel the same way. there really is only one of two things going on that he wouldn't want to add you. one is exactaly what he told you. or he doesn't want you reading his posts. I would talk with him and tell him what you feel. do you trust him? how committed are the two of you? are you both on the same page. people should be allowed privacy but you should also know what kind of relationship you are in. tell him your worry and see what he does and says

Old 06-18-2009, 03:44 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,713,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BangBangShrimp View Post
My boyfriend and I have been dating for a year, and he won't add me as a friend on Facebook. He's told me that he doesn't log on to Facebook very often and pretty much all the people who are on his friends list added him first and he doesn't talk to them. He has a private profile, however, so I can't see who his friends are or how often he uses the site. I have jokingly complained to him about not adding me because I didn't want to make a big deal about it, but it really hurts my feelings because it makes me think that he either doesn't think very much of me or doesn't want to publicly acknowledge our relationship to his friends. I've never sent him a friend request because I don't want to be rejected by MY OWN BOYFRIEND, but he knows that I would gladly accept if he sent one to me. I understand that social networking sites have the potential to cause drama in relationships, so that's why I haven't really pushed the issue, but am I wrong to feel even somewhat slighted by this??
I don't have mine either Is it a big deal

Old 06-18-2009, 03:50 PM

37,604 posts, read 45,972,346 times
I won't add my BF, but he's hardly ever on there anyway. He hasn't even asked so it isn't a big deal...I just don't want him on there. Maybe at some point, but not yet.

Old 06-18-2009, 03:52 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,806,016 times
If your relationship cant stand not being added as a friend on someone's myspace/facebook, I dont think you guys are going to get very far. You should probably end it now before one of you gets called hurtful names like doody head or dumby face.

Old 06-18-2009, 03:55 PM

881 posts, read 2,253,315 times
Why would you even ask if he will add you? just send him the request and be done with it. Of course if you get added will you get upset if you doesn't put "In a relationship with _____"

Old 06-18-2009, 03:58 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,713,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsualum2004 View Post
Why would you even ask if he will add you? just send him the request and be done with it. Of course if you get added will you get upset if you doesn't put "In a relationship with _____"
That's the whole freaking point.

If it effs up for some reason, you have 300 friends (read "nosey folks") to answer to. Others like this drama in your life.

Old 06-18-2009, 04:00 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,031,245 times
Life's a b*tch.

Old 06-18-2009, 04:01 PM

37,604 posts, read 45,972,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colossus_antonis View Post
that's the whole freaking point.

If it effs up for some reason, you have 300 friends (read "nosey folks") to answer to. Others like this drama in your life.
Exactly.

Old 06-18-2009, 04:02 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,541,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BangBangShrimp View Post

Not trying to hurt you, but to be blunt, he probably flirts around a bit and doesn't want you seeing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships