Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2009, 06:04 PM

283 posts, read 934,278 times

Advertisements

honestly don't know much about facebook, however, I think it's crap, ask him to be friends and if he does not accept, Id have a talk with him if this is seriously important to you. what has he got to hide?

Old 06-19-2009, 06:06 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,900,644 times
So... he's happy to add people to his friend list that he doesn't even speak to, but when it comes to adding you he says no. Yeah, he's hiding something.
If I were you, I'd sent the request. If he responds quickly, you'll know he's lying about the not being on very often. If he doesn't but asks you why you sent it knowing he didn't want you to, you'll still know he's been on. Either way, you might get more insight in to the kind of relationship this is, than by just asking opinions on here and wondering.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but it seems like this guy is only being secretive because he can get away with it. You don't want to marry someone like that, only to find out he's been having cybersex with multiple women (or men). Or perhaps he's one of those guys that like to flirt non-stop with other women when you aren't around like at work.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:06 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,663,530 times
GET OVER IT! he says he aint on it that much. beleive him.

it matters very little how he treats you in cyber world. HOW DOES HE TREAT YOU IN THE REAL WORLD?

what makes you think he is ashamed of you? do you not know any of his friends or family? if not, then thats a bigger problem than some stupid website.

do you think he is doing some sneaky stuff behind your back on face sapce? do you not trust him?

if it really is that big of a deal, then do like everyone else and request him.

if he denies you, then he should have a reasonable explanation.

but its still very petty and juvenile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangBangShrimp View Post
My boyfriend and I have been dating for a year, and he won't add me as a friend on Facebook. He's told me that he doesn't log on to Facebook very often and pretty much all the people who are on his friends list added him first and he doesn't talk to them. He has a private profile, however, so I can't see who his friends are or how often he uses the site. I have jokingly complained to him about not adding me because I didn't want to make a big deal about it, but it really hurts my feelings because it makes me think that he either doesn't think very much of me or doesn't want to publicly acknowledge our relationship to his friends. I've never sent him a friend request because I don't want to be rejected by MY OWN BOYFRIEND, but he knows that I would gladly accept if he sent one to me. I understand that social networking sites have the potential to cause drama in relationships, so that's why I haven't really pushed the issue, but am I wrong to feel even somewhat slighted by this??

Old 06-19-2009, 06:13 PM

257 posts, read 1,444,829 times
If he is your boyfriend he should be including you as a friend, because you ARE friends.
I don't know of anybody not adding their BF or GF on as a friend.
How serious are you guys?
It should (IMO) be a no brainer , he should be adding you so he can show you off to his friends

Old 06-19-2009, 06:17 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,509,114 times
are you serious? has this what life has become? getting pissed because someone won't friend you

I hope the world ends at 2012 this is just retarded

Old 06-19-2009, 06:25 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,900,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
are you serious? has this what life has become? getting pissed because someone won't friend you

Perhaps, but it isn't just someone. They have been together for awhile, he is supposed to be "her someone". As ridiculous as it might be for it to bother her, it's even more obsurd that he won't.

Old 06-19-2009, 07:03 PM

306 posts, read 530,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post

Lol. Not only that, but how many days have we all been discussing this now?

Old 06-19-2009, 07:23 PM

279 posts, read 593,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellabella View Post
If he is your boyfriend he should be including you as a friend, because you ARE friends.
I don't know of anybody not adding their BF or GF on as a friend.
How serious are you guys?
We are not very serious. We've agreed to exclusively date each other right now, but we don't talk about love, marriage, or being together in the future. We're just taking it one day at a time. We enjoy spending time together, we go out and do things, we have stated that we care about each other, and our relationship is not based on sex. I know he's more career-focused right now and isn't at a point where he wants a really serious relationship, but as long as we are together, I don't think it's too much to expect him to be ok with adding me as a Facebook friend.

Old 06-19-2009, 07:27 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,715,345 times
Quote:
We are not very serious. We've agreed to exclusively date each other right now, but we don't talk about love, marriage, or being together in the future. We're just taking it one day at a time. We enjoy spending time together, we go out and do things, we have stated that we care about each other, and our relationship is not based on sex. I know he's more career-focused right now and isn't at a point where he wants a really serious relationship, but as long as we are together, I don't think it's too much to expect him to be ok with adding me as a Facebook friend.
Your thread has 10 pages now, bangbang

People love you. Sometimes there's too much love

Old 06-19-2009, 07:31 PM

306 posts, read 530,900 times
Quote:
Bang Bang it sounds like you are Miss Right Now and not Miss Right or Miss Forever. He's not making you a priority. He's keeping you as an option. If that is all right with you and if you don't expect or need anything more, then it's not a problem. But it sounds like you do. After a year you would think the r/ship would be progressing... at least to adding you as a friend on Facebook....Hello.....

You are feeling slighted and I think your instincts are right on. You are wanting more. You want to be acknowledged, you want to know he is proud of you, he is investing in you, he wants you. He's not sending you that signal. He's treating you with disregard and disrespect. Not a huge amount, but a little. He's not considering how his actions are affecting you.

It could be just because he is truly not ready for something serious. Some guys never are, some aren't until they get much older. It's a timing thing for everyone. If you had met 5 years down the road, it might have been a different story. But something I have learned in relationships is that timing is CRUCIAL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships