Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 04:36 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,540,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I was gonna say not having priors I'm sure helped in the judgement process.

I'm not sure how much time he should have got though.
Yah, I dunno what they would have given him for felony assault. No priors, great, but they all have to start somewhere. I don't get the idea of leniency for not committing a crime before, for doing what you're supposed to do. This would be the perfect way to make it memorable, hit him the first time around. He won't be a threat to anyone else and he can get counseling the entire time he is in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 04:54 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,027,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
do you know something I don't
........ Maybe ........

Old 06-22-2009, 04:57 PM

4,116 posts, read 3,145,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
Yay. Another victory for abusers. And another example of why so many don't report it.

Chris Brown Avoids Jail Time in Rihanna Assault - Crime & Courts, Chris Brown, Rihanna : People.com

I believe she wasn't going to press further charges on him because they were getting back together and that's why he didn't get jailtime.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:31 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,934,465 times
No. Sorry but rape isn't right and it is illegal. Are you proposing that illegal activities go on against Chris Brown?

Quote:
That kid should be doing time. Let Bubba teach him what it feels like to be a woman.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:32 PM

Counseling in a prison is not counseling. I think youtube has some info on that.

Quote:
He won't be a threat to anyone else and he can get counseling the entire time he is in.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:33 PM

The cops probably pressed the charges for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e.ortega View Post
I believe she wasn't going to press further charges on him because they were getting back together and that's why he didn't get jailtime.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:36 PM

1,452 posts, read 3,170,559 times
As a first time offender with a LOT of money to pay the best lawyers, of course he isn't going to do jail time. And if I remember correctly, she was physical with him, not that his response was in proportion or right in any way but I think they were both in a rage and in a dysfunctional relationship. I'm pretty sure they said she hit him and was screaming at him.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:38 PM

Exactly but domestic violence usually gets stronger penalties and the cops can press the charges with or without consent. It's the law to report felonies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onegreatnurse View Post
As a first time offender with a LOT of money to pay the best lawyers, of course he isn't going to do jail time. And if I remember correctly, she was physical with him, not that his response was in proportion or right in any way but I think they were both in a rage and in a dysfunctional relationship. I'm pretty sure they said she hit him and was screaming at him.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:42 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,111,514 times
The problem is that Rihanna wanted the charges dropped altogether. This is the real problem. Women who are abused will defend the man who is abusing them. It is immensely frustrating to law enforcement when women recant after the guy says he's sorry. It happens over 90% of the time which is why the law no longer allows women to recant.

The women who do want to get away aren't taken seriously because the police think that after they work to get her away from him, she's just going to run back to him, so why bother? If Rhianna hadn't stood up for him and let the charges stand, he would've gotten jail time.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:44 PM

1,452 posts, read 3,170,559 times
Ummm....yeah, but we all know that justice is different for rich vs the rest of us who are not. Just look at OJ Simpson. He killed TWO people (and I'm sorry but for those of you who believe he is innocent, I KNOW he is not so don't start turning this thread into an argument about how he is innocent and I'm wrong, don't want to hear it la la la la la).

And that was a double homicide. Chris Brown looks like a choir boy next to him right now, but he's young, give him enough time and maybe he can be the next OJ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships