Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 05:25 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times

Advertisements

Actually that is what friends and family are for......and a crisis counselor if you have the money to afford one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
Again, he is not helping himself. No one else will, nor has to, do so.

Old 06-22-2009, 05:27 PM

1,293 posts, read 3,188,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
What's OI?
Just a jewish phrase I like to use, usually signifying exasperation. Much like other colloquial expressions, such as "smeg"(not really british, but based from a brit show anyhow, which is based off a clipped nasty term for something) or "bloody 'ell" that I've adopted from our British relatives.

I tried out the aussie "hey mate", but I don't think i can pull it off.

Old 06-22-2009, 05:27 PM

416 posts, read 407,501 times
Woman posters on here, Understand this - no male is going against womanhood. You have to realise that sometimes its the women who cause the trouble and man can be a victim.

Old 06-22-2009, 05:28 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,381,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
I have seen A TON of post on double standards that go against women. Well, What are the double standards that go against MEN?

The ones I can think of off the top of my head are...

Why is it that if a man wants to sleep with a woman and she says "I barely know you, let's give it some time" she's being prudent, a tease, classy etc...if a man says "let's give it some time, we hardly know eachother" then he's GAY, INSANE, SOMETHING WRONG WITH HIM etc. ?

Why is it that a man says he'll never go out with an obese woman, he's called shallow...but a woman says she'll never go out with a man her height or a little shorter, and she's...well...normal and not called shallow?

Why is it that a husband who doesn't have custody misses one child support payment, and he's a "dead beat dad" and it's "male society's fault" that he isn't paying...but a woman who doesn't have custody NEVER MAKES A CHILD SUPPORT PAYMENT EVER and it's "you pooooor thing, unable to give money to your children" and it's also "male society's fault"?

Why is it that a woman has multiple female sex partners in college, gets drunk and makes out with women at bars, but get married and has kids, and she is considered 100% straight BUT, if a man just fooled around (no intercourse involved) with one boy one time back in Highschool and gets married and has kids later on...he is still considered 100% gay at age 30?

If a man sleeps with a woman who's so drunk that she can barely stand, the police are called, and it's "date rape"

BUT

A woman sleeps with a man who's so drunk that he can barely stand and the police are called...the police hand up the phone and laugh and everyone shrugs and says "hey, man, you scored!"

A man does something to a woman to make her cry, she is "in need of a hug" and "what an awful man he is!"

BUT

A woman does something to make a man cry, and he is "in need of a slap!" and, also, "what an awful man he is!"

A woman goes without a boyfriend for awhile and doesn't mind it, they called her "liberated" and "independent"

BUT

A man goes without a girlfriend for while and doesn't mind it, they call him "looser" and "dork"

A woman proclaims that she does not need a man in her life, and she is "a strong, independent woman"

BUT

A man proclaims that he does not need a woman in his life, and he is a "male chauvinist pig!"
from what i get from you:

- you despise women (for a reason i don't know of)

- you are continously angry.

- you feel resentful

ok, so why do you hate women? why are you angry? what do you resent?

Old 06-22-2009, 05:36 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,539,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig121 View Post
Woman posters on here, Understand this - no male is going against womanhood. You have to realise that sometimes its the women who cause the trouble and man can be a victim.
If no male is going against womanhood, then men can't sometimes be victims, can they?

Old 06-22-2009, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynec613 View Post
Just a jewish phrase I like to use, usually signifying exasperation. Much like other colloquial expressions, such as "smeg"(not really british, but based from a brit show anyhow, which is based off a clipped nasty term for something) or "bloody 'ell" that I've adopted from our British relatives.

I tried out the aussie "hey mate", but I don't think i can pull it off.
I think you can, lemme hear it. Go ahead, I'm listening.

Old 06-22-2009, 05:38 PM

416 posts, read 407,501 times
Quote:
If no male is going against womanhood, then men can't sometimes be victims, can they?
You misread.

Old 06-22-2009, 05:40 PM

1,293 posts, read 3,188,910 times
Quote:
I think you can, lemme hear it. Go ahead, I'm listening.
Lies! You deceitful woman! That's it, I'm gay now. Where's a temper-tantrum pic when you need it?!

And you STILL haven't passed the chocolate back this way.

Old 06-22-2009, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Lies! You deceitful woman! That's it, I'm gay now.

That's okay, I accept you just the way you are. A non-Aussie accent having, chocolate deprived, gay man.

*throwing a Mars bar your way*

Old 06-22-2009, 05:44 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
I could eat some chocolate right about now.

Quote:
Lies! You deceitful woman! That's it, I'm gay now. Where's a temper-tantrum pic when you need it?!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships