Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 08:52 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,114,593 times

Advertisements

To some people life is too short to hold a grudge. Her being hurt and angry would not have stopped them from having an affair or getting married. If that was the case, the relationship never would have happened in the first place.

That said, I'm eternally grateful that my sister and have never been attracted to the same type of man. And I'm even more grateful that she loves me so much that it would never occur to her to go after my guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 08:55 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
To some people life is too short to hold a grudge.
It's not about holding a grudge. To me just both would seize to exist.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:57 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,004,411 times
I'll say this, it's a very self-empowering and liberating feeling to forgive--even if the one you've forgiven doesn't know about it. You know in your heart. It does you good.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:00 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,452,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
I'll say this, it's a very self-empowering and liberating feeling to forgive--even if the one you've forgiven doesn't know about it. You know in your heart. It does you good.
I must admit I'm starting to get of bit of THAT after a lot of thinking - even though my gut and my nature says, "cease to exist".

Old 06-22-2009, 09:01 PM

1,452 posts, read 3,171,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
It's not about holding a grudge. To me just both would seize to exist.
Me too. Just have no desire to associate myself with anyone who would even dream of doing that...family or not, these people would just not be my cup of tea. I wouldn't even do that to a friend, let alone a sister, although I know it's been done.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:07 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,035,633 times
I could maybe, maybe forgive - but I would never forget. I would cut these people from the food chain. Who needs 'em?

Old 06-22-2009, 09:12 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,452,635 times
One more tidbit - my friend is sick, got sick from all that stress. Her current partner keeps his finances separate. She has to work, and when she was looking for a job (after so many years staying home with the kids, her ex had a good business and was a good provider), she could find what she could find without a college degree. A lot of times she feels like she needs to stay home because of pain. But, she needs to make a living. She says she knows that her ex would do everything to help her - she would stay at home until she got better. She can't now. Her partner just retired and has a nice pension, but their expenses are agreed on and she has to carry here share of the load.

She says, often she looks at her sister living what was supposed to be HER life.

Either she is a saint, or some people (like Whyte Byrd) have seen something that I have not reached yet.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:17 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
One more tidbit - my friend is sick, got sick from all that stress. Her current partner keeps his finances separate. She has to work, and when she was looking for a job (after so many years staying home with the kids, her ex had a good business and was a good provider), she could find what she could find without a college degree. A lot of times she feels like she needs to stay home because of pain. But, she needs to make a living. She says she knows that her ex would do everything to help her - she would stay at home until she got better. She can't now. Her partner just retired and has a nice pension, but their expenses are agreed on and she has to carry here share of the load.

She says, often she looks at her sister living what was supposed to be HER life.

Either she is a saint, or some people (like Whyte Byrd) have seen something that I have not reached yet.
You know, she could've ended up in the same situation under any number of other circumstances, but your own sister going after your husband is something beyond me! For the record, I don't have any siblings.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:47 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,375,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
I just made a friend of a nice lady. I just can't get my head around the fact that her ex-husband married her sister (had an affair with her first, while still married) and she was able to forgive, both.
I'd forgive them with time...would I want them hanging around my house every other weekend watching movies? Probably not.

Old 06-23-2009, 06:57 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,153,037 times
I'm a pretty forgiving sort, but that would be really tough for me to let slide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships