Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 07:42 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanosphere View Post
Does anyone get this feeling?

That whenever someone complains about hating the bar scene because all the girls are "floozies" and "phonies" and "bimboes" and "bar-skanks," that they're really just too ashamed to admit they don't know how to meet new people at bars?

I've met guys like this before, and I get the feeling that if they COULD meet a new woman every time they went out to the bar, they wouldn't hate it so much.
you can meet some of the nicest people in bars...they're not all low life...problem is, when people have been drinking, they are not the same as they would be normally....you can usually tell if someone is wasted....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2009, 07:48 AM

844 posts, read 2,100,917 times
At one time I mastered the ability to meet people in bars. Then I realized that they are all losers, and I stopped going to bars entirely! Dumpster diving...

Old 06-23-2009, 09:03 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkme View Post
At one time I mastered the ability to meet people in bars. Then I realized that they are all losers, and I stopped going to bars entirely! Dumpster diving...
What about the person who might go out to a bar once a year or even less?

your attitude generalizing all those who are in bars are loosers is very bitter and closed minded....maybe it's not them?

Old 06-23-2009, 09:29 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,638,147 times
I agree with you for the most part. You meet the same people in bars that you meet in church... they're just wearing different clothes and putting on a different front. Same people underneath though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanosphere View Post
Does anyone get this feeling?

That whenever someone complains about hating the bar scene because all the girls are "floozies" and "phonies" and "bimboes" and "bar-skanks," that they're really just too ashamed to admit they don't know how to meet new people at bars?

I've met guys like this before, and I get the feeling that if they COULD meet a new woman every time they went out to the bar, they wouldn't hate it so much.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:45 AM

455 posts, read 1,017,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkme View Post
Ohhh the ignorance.... So all people who are in a bar are losers? You were in a bar. Wouldn't that make you a loser? Or are you that one shining 'winner'? The 'winner' who 'mastered the ability to meet people in bars'?

Old 06-23-2009, 12:39 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
Why is it all his fault?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Cy. I'm just going to tell you this once. Stay away from the bars. Based on your history of posts, you're evidently too socially inept to function in one. Instead, find the woman of your dreams in a quality setting.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:40 PM

They are not all losers but you will find really low quality loser type people at bars more often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmahorn View Post
Ohhh the ignorance.... So all people who are in a bar are losers? You were in a bar. Wouldn't that make you a loser? Or are you that one shining 'winner'? The 'winner' who 'mastered the ability to meet people in bars'?

Old 06-23-2009, 12:53 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Why is it all his fault?
Because every one of his threads is about his striking out in a bar. He's obviously a washout when it comes to meeting people there.

Old 06-23-2009, 01:21 PM

Maybe the people there aren't his type of people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Because every one of his threads is about his striking out in a bar. He's obviously a washout when it comes to meeting people there.

Old 06-23-2009, 04:59 PM

1,639 posts, read 5,098,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Maybe the people there aren't his type of people...
yeah, but when people try to advise him to where he can meet quality women he tells them he is not looking for a long term relationship. If you read Cyans previous posts, you know you gotta take whatever he says with a HUGE grain of salt
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships