U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 05:37 AM

1,090 posts, read 1,521,229 times

Advertisements

Bars aren't really my scene either. Go somewhere else that is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2013, 06:45 AM

9,009 posts, read 14,219,852 times
Bars and clubs, IMO, are mostly populated by people who are really looking for just casual fun. Drinking, dancing, maybe some looking to hook up. In general, I do not think the people there are searching for their soul mates. Therefore, I would not see it as a place to go looking for such either.

Old 04-10-2013, 08:42 AM

3,672 posts, read 5,788,561 times
there are different types of bars, too. there's nothing wild and crazy about someone who goes to a bar to get drinks with a friend while sitting in a booth chatting the whole time.

Old 04-10-2013, 09:11 AM

380 posts, read 523,339 times
I think people make mistakes by not speaking to anyone. Then zeroing in on people they want to bang basically. You need to go to the bar and basically be friendly with everyone. Honestly be interested in what's going on in their lives. Don't be phony.

People will see this and it will give you a welcoming aura.

Old 04-10-2013, 11:07 AM

8,738 posts, read 9,591,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanosphere View Post
Does anyone get this feeling?

That whenever someone complains about hating the bar scene because all the girls are "floozies" and "phonies" and "bimboes" and "bar-skanks," that they're really just too ashamed to admit they don't know how to meet new people at bars?

I've met guys like this before, and I get the feeling that if they COULD meet a new woman every time they went out to the bar, they wouldn't hate it so much.

Um no. Some people really hate the bar scene, like myself. It is way too loud and it's a bunch of women showing off in their tight as* clothes and caked on make up, trying to get 'bought' at a flea market by a bunch of men who won't give a damn about them the next day after purchase. I can't stand the way the giggling girls act in bars/clubs like clapping seals for attention from men.

Old 04-10-2013, 11:36 AM

5,680 posts, read 5,019,855 times
Sometimes I wonder where you guys live that bars sound so uniformly awful....

Old 04-10-2013, 12:34 PM

2,151 posts, read 2,641,999 times
some bars are ok, i like the laid back ones. I really despise the club or other type bars where people come to try and impress each other or act douchey.

Old 04-10-2013, 01:30 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,812,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Sometimes I wonder where you guys live that bars sound so uniformly awful....
I usually hit up sketchy dive bars. I've always been more interested in conversation and that's where you find the most interesting people.

Though, I have been to plenty of club type bars where I end up drinking in the corner with a bewildered look on my face...

Old 04-10-2013, 01:36 PM

5,680 posts, read 5,019,855 times
I work in the industry, so I tend to go where friends are working (otherwise it's tough to see them!) or just places in my neighborhood. I live in Cambridge, where the really "sketchy dive bars" are few and far between these days.

Not a club person, never have been unless we're talking rock clubs. I bet my bewildered face is a lot like yours. But not a fan of watching drug deals go down in the really sketch places either. There's so much in between!

Old 04-10-2013, 02:19 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,812,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
I work in the industry, so I tend to go where friends are working (otherwise it's tough to see them!) or just places in my neighborhood. I live in Cambridge, where the really "sketchy dive bars" are few and far between these days.

Not a club person, never have been unless we're talking rock clubs. I bet my bewildered face is a lot like yours. But not a fan of watching drug deals go down in the really sketch places either. There's so much in between!
You could always go to People's Republik Just divey enough for my tastes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or