U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 10:42 PM

232 posts, read 382,365 times

Advertisements

Does anyone get this feeling?

That whenever someone complains about hating the bar scene because all the girls are "floozies" and "phonies" and "bimboes" and "bar-skanks," that they're really just too ashamed to admit they don't know how to meet new people at bars?

I've met guys like this before, and I get the feeling that if they COULD meet a new woman every time they went out to the bar, they wouldn't hate it so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 10:45 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,510 posts, read 12,038,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanosphere View Post

That whenever someone complains about hating the bar scene because all the girls are "floozies" and "phonies" and "bimboes" and "bar-skanks," that they're really just too ashamed to admit they don't know how to meet new people at bars?

I've met guys like this before, and I get the feeling that if they COULD meet a new woman every time they went out to the bar, they wouldn't hate it so much.
I don't know the answer to this--I don't care to know the answer to this, but if that's what all the girls are, what does that make all the guys?

Old 06-22-2009, 10:46 PM

41,267 posts, read 24,979,603 times
Good lord! How many threads are you going to start with the same subject - you're ineptitude for scoring with the ladies?

Btw, didn't you say bye-bye in the not so distant past?

What happened - did they kick you off the other board, you know, the one that was gonna help you get laid?

Last edited by sanrene; 06-22-2009 at 11:06 PM..

Old 06-22-2009, 11:09 PM

9,718 posts, read 12,473,440 times
I csychosphere needs his one spam thread to talk about all his "mystery" methods and other crap and we can keep the forum clean.

Old 06-22-2009, 11:47 PM

25,169 posts, read 34,398,254 times
Isn't that what you have been experiencing yourself?

A lot of bars aren't good places to find dating or relationship material.

Try malls, book stores, churches, museums, art galleries, etc.

Quote:

Old 06-22-2009, 11:50 PM

4,838 posts, read 5,182,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
I don't know the answer to this--I don't care to know the answer to this, but if that's what all the girls are, what does that make all the guys?
Opportunists.

Old 06-22-2009, 11:52 PM

50,247 posts, read 47,579,412 times
i could ---i could met people in bars. but i would already know 3 things about them.
they like to drink
they like to hang out in bars
they like bar people

Old 06-22-2009, 11:54 PM
JL

6,382 posts, read 6,985,957 times
Keep in mind, people at bars are there to relax and do fun, out of the ordinary stuff, etc. , so they're less inclined to be themselves...especially when women and men are engaging...compounded by the drinking..which leads to superficiality.

Old 06-22-2009, 11:58 PM

25,169 posts, read 34,398,254 times
Absolutely...3/4 of the people regardless of character are too distracted to make new friends or hunt for a love-mate at a bar or nightclub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesLang View Post
Keep in mind, people at bars are there to relax and do fun, out of the ordinary stuff, etc. , so they're less inclined to be themselves...especially when women and men are engaging...compounded by the drinking..which leads to superficiality.

Old 06-22-2009, 11:59 PM

4,889 posts, read 5,273,923 times
Quote:

I think it's more of a issue that the people in question go to the wrong bar. I have met several people who never thought that in their thirties they might want to try happy hour instead of the same dive they have been going to since college

Also, generally the whole "bar scene" can indeed be to intimidating for some, and it might be that they simply prefer something less threatening, where not everyone is trying to pick up someone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships