U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 03:53 PM

20 posts, read 77,849 times

Advertisements

I think so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2009, 03:56 PM

2,043 posts, read 3,264,614 times
Naw...professional athletes are...their groupies are A LOT more vicious.

Old 06-23-2009, 03:58 PM

4,116 posts, read 2,058,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yazzoorose View Post
I think so.

It doesn't have to be only musicians unfortunately if it's in you to cheat you will, musician or not

Doctors, Lawyers, Movie Stars they all cheat as well but I know where your coming from with the groupies and the drugs and the after parties and VIP lounges, yeah most likely they are going to cheat but even if that's not in their face they probably will cheat anyway if it's in their nature to do so.

Old 06-23-2009, 03:59 PM

1,293 posts, read 2,232,311 times
Quote:
I think so.
That's much like asking would I be more likely to be hit by a car on a country road, or the freeway?

The more temptation/options that are presented the more likely someone is to eventually stray. Musicians working clubs, bars, other gigs are seen by women and desired outright. Have that many of the other sex that you desire throwing themselves at you and eventually you're going to see someone you think you might desire more.

Old 06-23-2009, 04:02 PM

12,980 posts, read 18,981,532 times
Quote:
Are musicians more likely to cheat than others? I think so.
Not necessarily. I know a few Philharmonic orchestra musicians, a couple of extremely talented classical pianists and cello players and a guy who does soundtracks for movies and they are all very dedicated and faithful to their wives/girlfriends.

Now if you're hanging out with "rock" musicians who are drinking, smoking, hanging out at bars and tattoo parlors then, yeah, usually those kinds of guys are not faithful.

Old 06-23-2009, 04:03 PM

15,422 posts, read 14,756,928 times
I agree. It doesn`t make any diffrence, what profession a person is in really....If its in them, thats it.
Apparently, this is about the same guy that you just started another thread on.
You need to move on! Let him have his other women, and put your energy (if there is anything left) into your marriage, and kids.

Old 06-23-2009, 04:07 PM

the one i know says its got something to do with that long guitar neck...
i should have read between the lines then.
and he says its cause he's an 'old hippie' which is b/s.
i mean, if you go to a buffet, do you eat everything on the buffet?
i guess i should have said men in the 'entertainment' field.
cause no matter how old, how ugly..there's always gonna be some
poor lonely vulnerable woman out there...
he makes it all sound so plausible.

Old 06-23-2009, 04:09 PM

7,483 posts, read 8,528,038 times
People who crave attention are more likely to cheat. Politicians, actors, and athletes are the obvious examples. But it comes down to personality. If you're the type of person who likes to be sought after, then you're more likely to give into temptation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Not necessarily. I know a few Philharmonic orchestra musicians, a couple of extremely talented classical pianists and cello players and a guy who does soundtracks for movies and they are all very dedicated and faithful to their wives/girlfriends.

Now if you're hanging out with "rock" musicians who are drinking, smoking, hanging out at bars and tattoo parlors then, yeah, usually those kinds of guys are not faithful.
that probably does have something to do with it. more of a liberal, less
conservative mindset.

15,422 posts, read 14,756,928 times
Right......and then tomorrow, he will tell yet another woman the exact same thing, on and on, etc.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships