Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 11:49 AM

5,501 posts, read 22,442,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shygirl39 View Post
Have anyone up here been online dating sites? I am on at least 2 and I am about to give up. Just everybody had said just go about your daily life and focus on self and your family then next thing you know you end up meeting someone. To me I just think it is best to meet someone off the online dating site. Just like some people said if you dress half nake and talking dirty you get all kinds of message. If you go up there with something on your mine then you are not going to get that many message. Have anyone been on these sites and have good experience? I would love to know. Thank You.
Do both. If you really want a decent man, you need to put yourself out there as much as possible so that the right man finds you. And keep dating lots of men until you get a commitment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2009, 11:30 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,856,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
What does the economy have to do with anything?! On the contrary, in tough times people tend to stick together or attempt to pair up in order to weather them more easily.
In some cases, it could have everything to do with online dating. First of all, you'll get less members joining, secondly, if somebody joins and they're in an economic bind, the dating bit is often a very low item on many candidates' priority list.

Old 07-02-2009, 07:55 AM

27,336 posts, read 27,387,014 times
This topic looks like it may have its pros and cons. One, I sort of believe that in a 'recession', some people would want/need to pair up to make ends meet. The sad thing is we need 2 incomes anymore to survive. I dont know of anyone in 3 states who either isnt married, living with girlfriend boyfriend, or has 2 jobs if they want to live solo, unless they make a pretty good amount of money.
On the other hand, and I dont want to impune anyone and by no means am pointing at any individual so dont take this posting wrong, but dating websites, entertainment and travel are pretty much limited to us "po' folks" as what we make needs to go towards basic survival and taking care of other 'more important' things, like necessities of survival. One would think a 'well-to-do' person could be a magnet for many (and thats a sad reality ) but then, if you cant afford to join a singles thing, how can you meet that person, right?
So......its kind of a catch-22 thing here.

Old 07-02-2009, 11:25 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,856,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
This topic looks like it may have its pros and cons. One, I sort of believe that in a 'recession', some people would want/need to pair up to make ends meet. The sad thing is we need 2 incomes anymore to survive. I dont know of anyone in 3 states who either isnt married, living with girlfriend boyfriend, or has 2 jobs if they want to live solo, unless they make a pretty good amount of money.
On the other hand, and I dont want to impune anyone and by no means am pointing at any individual so dont take this posting wrong, but dating websites, entertainment and travel are pretty much limited to us "po' folks" as what we make needs to go towards basic survival and taking care of other 'more important' things, like necessities of survival. One would think a 'well-to-do' person could be a magnet for many (and thats a sad reality ) but then, if you cant afford to join a singles thing, how can you meet that person, right?
So......its kind of a catch-22 thing here.
On the other hand, a good and sincere well-to-do person, in both genders, can also be a magnet to individuals, who have motives that are other than pure and sincere. It's scary, and it's a shame that a lot of decent single men and women have to watch out for people like that, even with online dating sites.

There are also those who are wealthy and use their wealth as an influence to bring somebody into their lives, who's gullible and doesn't know any better. That's also a formula for disaster.

Whatever happened to the good ol' days, where you said hi to somebody in a grocery store on Saturday morning, then by that same afternoon, you're saying your wedding vows to that person!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships