Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 09:06 AM

1,089 posts, read 2,399,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron12 View Post
I would like to befriend my female colleagues…something which I am somehow unable to do. There are some women in my office I find attractive and would like to date them. But I have to get familiar before I do that. How do I approach them? Any help?
Do not. I repeat DO NOT "befriend" women with the intention of something more. That's like sneaking in the back door because you're too ashamed to be seen out front.

Do friendships ever develop into relationships? Yes, of course they do, all the time. But they didn't start out with one side or the other 'plotting' to have things turn out that way. If you do you will forever be chasing women away because they can smell the desperation a mile away.

If you're already really interested in someone then just be upfront with her. If you're not sure but you would like to get to know her better to find out, say so. No matter who you are or what you look like not every woman will say yes, but nearly every woman will respect you for being confident and honest about your intentions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2009, 09:12 AM

1,293 posts, read 3,189,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
Do not. I repeat DO NOT "befriend" women with the intention of something more. That's like sneaking in the back door because you're too ashamed to be seen out front.

Do friendships ever develop into relationships? Yes, of course they do, all the time. But they didn't start out with one side or the other 'plotting' to have things turn out that way. If you do you will forever be chasing women away because they can smell the desperation a mile away.

If you're already really interested in someone then just be upfront with her. If you're not sure but you would like to get to know her better to find out, say so. No matter who you are or what you look like not every woman will say yes, but nearly every woman will respect you for being confident and honest about your intentions.
I'd still try to temper myself a bit. Without finding out about her how can you truly know your interested?

THAT would be a scenario that could play out extremely wrong in a workplace in terms of setting the stage for awkwardness at the least. As I doubt someone with confidence would be asking in any serious manner how to be friends with coworkers because they are the owners of the coveted boobage instead of snausages.

Old 06-24-2009, 09:14 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,873,444 times
Put a sweet potato in your pants

Old 06-24-2009, 01:30 PM

727 posts, read 1,891,342 times
Heres a story,I was working at one of the biggest communication companies in the world. There was nothing but fine girls working there. The man/women ratio was probably 80/20 women. The men were like animals chasing these girls. I was the cocky yet naturally shy guy that just stayed to himself and guess what I was approached by several female co-workers.....True story!

Old 06-24-2009, 01:34 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,666,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarqueseGilmore View Post
Confidence and ignore them. They will be intrigued and probably chase you. Trust me I've used that and it works!
I gotta agree a bit on this. I`ve seen it happen too.

Old 06-24-2009, 01:38 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
I agree with you in principle, but you need to know what you're getting into. Sometimes you need to hang around, get a feel for the person, motives mysterious and unknown.

I've dodged some bullets this way.

I suppose you could shoot first and ask questions later, though..

Last edited by le roi; 06-24-2009 at 02:07 PM..

Old 06-24-2009, 01:40 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,435,134 times
Arrogance....women eat it up.

Old 06-24-2009, 02:53 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,684,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
Arrogance....women eat it up.
... and spit it right out.

Old 06-24-2009, 02:55 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,684,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aron12 View Post
I would like to befriend my female colleagues…something which I am somehow unable to do. There are some women in my office I find attractive and would like to date them. But I have to get familiar before I do that. How do I approach them? Any help?
You shouldn't date co-workers. Very, very bad idea. Try elsewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships