Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 12:16 PM

78,407 posts, read 60,579,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
Really? This happens to men, too?

What do you do? Do you start calling her and trying to set up a date? How do you handle these feelings? What will make them go away?
Actually yes, I tried to set up a date and she was interested in me (she had worked at my company in another department) but had the whole don't date a widower for a year rule. So, it fizzled, I moved on and frankly I think if she ran into me today on the street there would be some major lol.

DM me if you want more specifics or examples but my advice is this.

Ask them out in an appropriate manner. Just call them and say you are interested in them and would like to meet for lunch, dinner etc. and get to know them better. Something like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2009, 12:17 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,052,947 times
Female.

I'll start snooping...googling their name and what not...the internet is the DEVIL, I tell ya!

I'll always keep my cell phone close to me, at all times, on vibrate, so I won't miss their phone call.

I've done late night drive-by's, to see if they're really at the place, they told me they'd be at.

Last edited by Little Mizz Pittsburgh; 06-24-2009 at 12:26 PM..

Old 06-24-2009, 12:20 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,233,609 times
There's only been one woman who ever really, really got to me at first sight. She was quite a bit younger, and I was just taking on a job as consultant where she was the office manager. I did my best to ignore her, as I was afraid if I looked at her I wouldn't be able to stop staring. It was a Christmas party, she was the most beautiful woman I'd ever met, and she was dressed to kill.

A few months later we had become best friends and a little more, and she mentioned that she didn't think I liked her initially, because I seemed to be completely ignoring her. So I had to explain.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:25 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,640,686 times
Male.

I start working out more. Like most people, my weight has gone up and down. When I think back to those periods where I was in good shape and not lacking motivation, there was always a woman in the picture. While I hate the idea of getting in shape for someone else, it really is a great motivator. Problem is when that person is no longer in the picture, I get lazy and start putting weight back on.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:32 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,083,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Mizz Pittsburgh View Post
Female.

I'll start snooping...googling their name and what not...the internet is the DEVIL, I tell ya!

I'll always keep my cell phone close to me, at all times, on vibrate, so I won't miss their phone call.

I've done late night drive-by's, to see if they're really at the place, they told me they'd be at.
Oh wow my brothers would have told me that is stalking . LOL !!!! the reason I said that is because I have done the same thing and brothers told me it was considered stalking LOL!!!!

Old 06-24-2009, 12:33 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Oh wow my brothers would have told me that is stalking . LOL !!!! the reason I said that is because I have done the same thing and brothers told me it was considered stalking LOL!!!!
Yes, in my book it is stalking.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:41 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
Driving by late at night to see if they are really there at the place they told you they were at is stalking? Um okay. It's weird but I don't know about stalking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post

Old 06-24-2009, 12:45 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,434,866 times
Liking someone is the absolute worst feeling in the world. Its almost a total relief when you find out they dont like you or only want to be friends. I hate it hate it hate it (liking someone).

Old 06-24-2009, 12:47 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,448,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Mizz Pittsburgh View Post
Female.

Well, I probably would not do the "drive bys" because that would make me too crazy, but I would definitely Google the person and I would probably look forward to the phone calls, although, I really don't care to talk on the phone too much and I hate cell phones. If I am out doing something else or socializing with other people, I do not want to be bothered. Too many phone calls from someone I do not know well is intrusive to me.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:54 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,052,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
Too many phone calls from someone I do not know well is intrusive to me.
I'm like that too, but only with people I'm really not into all like that yet... but if I REALLY LIKE the person, too many phone calls doesn't bother me. At least with me it doesn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships