Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 10:03 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,868,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemba View Post
Interracial marriages of all sorts are doing very well here. It's a beautiful thing to see.
Yea, that's the kind of relationship I can only see myself in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2008, 10:25 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,917,912 times
From a personal standpoint, I'd prefer an interracial relationship over a same-race relationship.

Old 04-05-2008, 10:30 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
From a personal standpoint, I'd prefer an interracial relationship over a same-race relationship.
You may wanna rethink this one! There are enough problems as it is. There's hardly need for more. Of course, interracial does not necessarily mean intercultural. The latter can be a pain, though.

Old 04-05-2008, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You may wanna rethink this one! There are enough problems as it is. There's hardly need for more. Of course, interracial does not necessarily mean intercultural. The latter can be a pain, though.
No, I'm serious. There are already 2 interracial marriages within my family and they're both happy. The only caveat would be is I would not want the woman to be a religious fanatic. I'm lightly religious. If she wants to pray and stuff, that's fine. But the only thumping she better be doing is me and not a bible.

Old 04-05-2008, 10:59 PM

Quote:
No, I'm serious. There are already 2 interracial marriages within my family and they're both happy. The only caveat would be is I would not want the woman to be a religious fanatic. I'm lightly religious. If she wants to pray and stuff, that's fine. But the only thumping she better be doing is me and not a bible.
As I said, interracial doesn't mean intercultural. If the woman is a 3+ generation American and is raised like you, it wouldn't be much of a problem perhaps. She's gonna be just like any other woman. Otherwise it's quite hairy even with the same race. Good luck! I hope you take precedence over the bible.

Old 04-05-2008, 11:06 PM

739 posts, read 2,185,524 times
It's great to see all the positive posts in support of interracial marriages.

Old 04-05-2008, 11:13 PM

Quote:
As I said, interracial doesn't mean intercultural. If the woman is a 3+ generation American and is raised like you, it wouldn't be much of a problem perhaps. She's gonna be just like any other woman. Otherwise it's quite hairy even with the same race. Good luck! I hope you take precedence over the bible.
LOL yeah, I know what you mean if the woman's family has been in America for several generations. Also, many people are mutts these days. I'm a rare pure breed eager to make mutts.

Old 04-05-2008, 11:20 PM

Quote:
I'm a rare pure breed eager to make mutts.
He-he, mutts do turn out beautiful!

Old 04-05-2008, 11:39 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,868,413 times
Quote:
Yea man, I'm on the same boat. That all I could see myself doing. If I have a wife, she would most likely be white, as long as she doesn't want children.

I know mixed couples make wonderful children, but kids aren't for me, and hopefully if I'm married interracially, she would feel the same.

In my opinion, if more people ate or marry interracially, it would break more racial boundaires

Old 04-05-2008, 11:44 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Quote:
He-he, mutts do turn out beautiful!
So what's the big deal about interracial relationships? And from the posts, interracial dating seems to be mostly pleasing to the menfolk and only from an aesthetic point of view and less a mingling of different cultures or backgrounds. At least that's my impression from the way the replies are reading to me. It's that the men are attracted to beautiful women of all races and want a chance to date them. And not to say that women don't feel the same way about attractive men, but they also need those men to have substance too. Not in a gold digging way, but more to make sure that he'd be good husband material if the love match worked out, they married and had children. Men don't worry about the substance part, especially if the woman in question is really gorgeous because that would make her a trophy wife.

I guess I feel very very colour blind about the dating and partnering process. And it's also because even though I'm in an interracial relationship myself (Chinese American/Caucasian American and it actually runs in my family that way), none of us paired up specially because of the other person's race. Aside from our exterior looks, my mom, my sisters and I are really Americanized/Westernized inside. Our inner selves are not at all Asian in thought, in fact we couldn't function back in China. We don't even cook Chinese. My sisters and I don't speak Chinese. And our Caucasian menfolk, aside from us, never ever dated other Asians before us. As to who we've dated, we are attracted to men that are college or art school educated, intellectual and geeky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships