Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 01:31 AM

1,422 posts, read 2,303,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally posted by WayneC613 IF this was a guy she knew at work, I'd just say ask further questions when out and get more of a feeling if she'd be "stealing", or if it was just something like a FWB thing. Almost seems to be the norm anymore, which is funky, but whatever.

Any case, the OP IMO is a bit insane to contemplate this one, it's her BOSS, this isn't some co-worker where it might be awkward if he's not interested outright, or it goes bad later. This is firing material, or otherwise making work about as comfortable as a special seat in the Spanish inquisition.

Less than a good idea even if he outright stated interest and was completely single.
Good post.

In my view, work and play do not mix, ever.

OP: You run the risk of emotional entanglement (no matter what you may think to the contrary) and you could ultimately be risking your job and the respect of your colleagues.

Think very carefully.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 01:45 AM

1,293 posts, read 3,189,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by London Girl View Post
Good post.
In my view, work and play do not mix, ever.
I wouldn't say that. You can find an awesome person at work that you might be compatible with, that's worth a little risk of some uncomfortably later on IMO. Hopefully, your taste and common sense would make this moot.

Old 06-26-2009, 01:52 AM

1,422 posts, read 2,303,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynec613 View Post
I wouldn't say that. You can find an awesome person at work that you might be compatible with, that's worth a little risk of some uncomfortably later on IMO. Hopefully, your taste and common sense would make this moot.
Maybe, but dealing with that in a work scenario is always going to be awkward.

Perhaps a colleague that works in a different location and is sufficiently "distant" in work terms - but boss????? That's just asking for problems in my opinion.

I've witnessed enough office shenanigans in my time to conclude that they are, for the most part, a REALLY bad idea

I would also add that if the guy mentioned in the original post "always keeps up a professional front" as the OP stated then that ought to signify something to the OP - maybe he feels that a work dalliance isn't worth risking, even if he is attracted to the OP in some way

Old 06-26-2009, 02:22 AM

1,293 posts, read 3,189,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by London Girl View Post
Maybe, but dealing with that in a work scenario is always going to be awkward.

Perhaps a colleague that works in a different location and is sufficiently "distant" in work terms - but boss????? That's just asking for problems in my opinion.

I've witnessed enough office shenanigans in my time to conclude that they are, for the most part, a REALLY bad idea
Nah, doesn't have to be awkward if both are mature, reasonable adults. But, yes, in this case, just off the rocker IMO.

I still get along fine with one I dated a couple times. Of course I don't "directly" work with her either. *shrug* But I still stop and talk a bit with her.

Old 06-26-2009, 02:42 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,431,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnastasiaBlue View Post
I have worked for my boss for two years. He is seven years older than me, in a different state, has a girlfriend (doesn't seem serious), and I know he is interested in me.

We have all the same interests and clearly enjoy each others company when he comes in to town for a company meeting.

However, he always keeps up a professional front. You have no idea how frustrating this is. Will he ever make the move to take our relationship to the next step? Anyone else out there been in this type of situation?

1.) he is your boss
2.) he is 7 years older than you, but 7 years wiser, remember.
3.) he lives in a different state, so you never see him
4.) he has a girlfriend. beleive me, all girlfriends are serious until they cease to be.
5.) he only sees you when he comes into town for company meetings. (could there be a bigger red flag?)
6.) what you call a relationship, he calls an easy f**k. (I am not trying to offend you, just warn you of some things men think)

And to answer your question : I highly doubt he will even acknowledge your existance when he steps off the plane in the other state. He is using you and seems to be a pig for cheating on his girlfriend (even if they are not serious). Open your eyes real good with men. They are not all honest people.

Old 06-26-2009, 03:06 AM

416 posts, read 407,887 times
You know what happens if he turns you down?!! You'll walk out of the job and try and claim some sort of sexual malpractice.

Old 06-26-2009, 08:33 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
I have worked for my boss for two years. He is seven years older than me, in a different state, has a girlfriend (doesn't seem serious), and I know he is interested in me.

We have all the same interests and clearly enjoy each others company when he comes in to town for a company meeting.

However, he always keeps up a professional front. You have no idea how frustrating this is. Will he ever make the move to take our relationship to the next step? Anyone else out there been in this type of situation?
2 years?

He would have made a move by now.

The only thing he would do would be a backroom romp. That, he knows, could cost him his job or career.

Sorry.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:48 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,485,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godsavethequeens View Post
Judgments and shame is exactly what's holding people back and causing them distress and anguish. It is wrong, and I can't believe you would advocate it.
Like I care what the president of the Rupaul fan club thinks!

Old 06-26-2009, 10:58 AM

491 posts, read 925,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Like I care what the president of the Rupaul fan club thinks!
I don't believe that post was directed at you. What you "think," and I use that term loosely, is of little concern to me.

Old 06-26-2009, 11:18 AM

94 posts, read 225,126 times
Quote:

So he's 7 years older than you, lives in a different state AND has a girlfriend. Who would pass that up?

Hint: Sarcasm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships