Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 10:54 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times

Advertisements

The first and only thing that immediately comes to mind is a behavioral thing - being rude or nasty, particularly to waitstaff.

There are obvious things, like hygiene issues, of course, that would be immediate turnoffs, but the personality stuff is the really big deal. B.O. washes off. Bad manners don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 10:57 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,866,725 times
Some mentioned tattoos on women, a couple of small ones that don't stand out too much, don't bother me.

Piercings with rings in odd places, like the nose, lips, and the tounge are an immediate turn-off for me. They might be okay with some guys, but not me.

Comedian Larry The Cable Guy also had his funny perspective on women with too many metal piercings on them, he said in one of his stand-up comedy bits that he dated such girl, who had so much metal on her, whenever they made love, he wasn't sure if he was making love to her, or working on his truck!

Old 06-26-2009, 10:59 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Some mentioned tattoos on women, a couple of small ones that don't stand out too much, don't bother me.

Also, piercings with rings in odd places, like the nose, lips, and the tounge are an immediate turn-off for me. They might be okay with some guys, but not me.

Comedian Larry The Cable Guy also had his funny perspective on women with too many metal piercings on them, he said in one of his stand-up comedy bits that he dated such girl, who had so much metal on her, whenever they made love, he wasn't sure if he was making love to her, or working on his truck!
Boy, he must really love his truck.

Old 06-26-2009, 11:51 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,356,421 times
Quote:
I know many of us have experienced this before, we meet somebody who put on a good act just to impress you, but with time, as you get to know them better, they show their true colors. There are times, however, when you meet somebody for the first time and something(s) about them turn you off immediately, without even having seconds thoughts. Care to share what those things are with the rest of us? If you wish, feel free to tell us about encounters with such a person.

Mine are:
- Smoking
- Heavy drinking
- Using God's name in vain
- When she constantly talks badly about another person she was previously involved with
Immediately:
arrogance;
lack of personal cleanliness.

Old 06-27-2009, 09:22 AM

1,452 posts, read 3,171,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Jesus Christ I need a drink.
LMAO..ok I just saw this...too funny! Hi Dave..

Old 06-27-2009, 10:58 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,307,736 times
Body odor (breath and the like).
Extreme cursing.
Excessive drinking.
Overly confident/inflated ego.
Dishonesty.
Too flirty with everyone and anyone just for attention and/or sex.

Old 06-27-2009, 05:09 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,686,080 times
Immediate Turn-Offs..
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike
I know many of us have experienced this before,.............

Says "Men are only interested in sex!" Well.........How does she know?

**Love this one!!!!

Old 06-27-2009, 05:15 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
I know many of us have experienced this before, we meet somebody who put on a good act just to impress you, but with time, as you get to know them better, they show their true colors. There are times, however, when you meet somebody for the first time and something(s) about them turn you off immediately, without even having seconds thoughts. Care to share what those things are with the rest of us? If you wish, feel free to tell us about encounters with such a person.

Mine are:
- Smoking
- Heavy drinking
- Using God's name in vain
- When she constantly talks badly about another person she was previously involved with
He-he, then why did you say you'd like to have lunch together if you come down here?! I smoke, drink, and use God's name in vain - all top three! Didn't you know that?!

Old 06-27-2009, 06:10 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
He-he, then why did you say you'd like to have lunch together if you come down here?! I smoke, drink, and use God's name in vain - all top three! Didn't you know that?!

Sounds like my kind of gal !!!

Old 06-27-2009, 08:16 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
She offers to pay for the meal.
I don't typically date blondes.
She's activist/passionate about ANYTHING.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships