Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 09:09 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times

Advertisements

I think a fed ex delivery man would be perfect for the O.P.

Wait, is that what we're talking about here? I'm confused.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 10:35 PM

86 posts, read 230,424 times
Don't feel bad, because you are not the only one. I don't care that much for either and I am on one right now and that is really to be in the forum. I know I don't take it serious, because you have too many liers up there. I rather meet someone when I go out( store, bookstore, etc.). To me I think it better and I get to see who I am talking to.

Old 06-29-2009, 10:43 PM

1,359 posts, read 2,291,973 times
I think Plenty of Fish is a fun site...good thing is free...not worth paying (no dating site is worth paying when same can be done at a gym or a park or a bar for free) , but my photo did get rated 8.30 after 42 votes so far I dont ever expect to find anyone on there buts its fun when you got some time to kill.

Old 06-29-2009, 10:57 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCity09 View Post
but my photo did get rated 8.30 after 42 votes so far
God, I find these rating "features" soooo idiotic! One would think people never get out of high school!

Old 06-29-2009, 11:00 PM

1,359 posts, read 2,291,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
God, I find these rating "features" soooo idiotic! One would think people never get out of high school!
they are.
the ladies age41+ have me at 9.00, its those middle aged women that are bringing me down...7.50

Old 06-29-2009, 11:01 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCity09 View Post
they are.
the ladies age41+ have me at 9.00, its those middle aged women that are brining me down...7.50
Am I the only one who was completely baffled by this?

Old 06-29-2009, 11:06 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,546,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joei View Post
Well I just dont agree internet dating and meeting someone in person is the same. It has always, always, always, always seemed that these men I meet off the internet seem to treat me like less of a woman, just because they met me online! Many of them wont try to take you on a proper date (there are some who do though) and it invaribly seems that there is another person in the picture.
It's this way offline as well, and you have to command respect on or offline. If Joe Blow wants to meet you at a gas station, or in his car in some parking lot, hit delete and go to the next guy. Men will try to get over on you anywhere you go. It's up to you to make it clear you are not playing games.

Quote:
And heres something else...many of the men I meet online and see them in a nightclub, you know what they are doing? They are always standing quietly in the corner and dont attempt to talk to anyone. Its always me who has to go up and speak to them, then they are extremely interested, but then retreat back into their anti-social ways after a date or 2. Why? Because they arent really anti-social, they are just either involved or have way too much baggage.
Maybe they don't think you two are a fit?

Quote:
EXAMPLE:
Quote:
i MET a guy through a friend, at a club. When he pulled out his phone I gasped in horror becasue I recognized his photo from an online dating site. At that point I was thinking to myself; uh oh...he's gonna be trouble, but I gave him my number in stride.

Before the 1st date he talks about how he was in jail, how he used to party non-stop 7-days a wekk, got burnt out and now just stays at home to himself. He also stated that when women tries to talk to him randomly at a club, that he just gets 'scared' and "hides" behind his friends because he feels many girls at the club are full of sh*t. Dont ask me why I didnt take that as a clear warning and RUN for the hills...

After the 1st date, he ran from me and played games for the 2nd date til I finally told him to stick his d*ck up his a** and that I am happy to delete him. Did I meet him online? No...but he had a profile online and I seen him there quite often. Meeting a online person offline doesnt make them any less of a jerk. I want to meet the ones who either never go online or who dont have a profile online!
If you think this won't happen to you with someone who isn't online, you're sadly mistaken.

YOU determine what kind of men you attract. If you are going to the clubs, guess what, you will likely end up dropping him off there as well when it's all said and done. Your approach also determines what type of men you attract, and overlooking the warning signs are sure to get you to the point you are now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I don't know how old you are, but after reading your posts, my guess would be about 16. I think you need to stay off any online sites and out of the bars too, for that matter. At least for oh....5 years or so, to mature a bit more. It's apparent that you've not developed even the most basic social skills and common sense that one needs to have any success with a relationship...no matter where you meet them.
I agree with you Chessie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joei View Post
I agree with you on the whole online thing..but no way will I be avoiding any bars. Even if I go to meet no one, its fun to go out to bars, far more better than online.

And...you dont know me from a hole in the wall. Maybe you're married with 20 kids and are a stay at home mom who never sees the light of day. So of course you wouldnt know what type of jerks exist on these dating sites. I suggest if you cant say anything worthwhile, say nothing at all because you're just being a ******. (and excuse me, I hope I dont get in trouble with anyone here, but she deserved to be called that as her post is the epitomy of that)
I don't know you from a hole in the wall either but I agree with her. A good attitude is everything. Social grace is also important in finding and keeping a quality man. You lack both, from what I can see so far.

Old 06-30-2009, 12:30 AM

4,751 posts, read 5,439,701 times
Default Re: my head hurts

Why are we all still talking here? Didn't you hear? Internet People are Stoopid!

Old 06-30-2009, 12:31 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie3 View Post
Why are we all still talking here? Didn't you hear? Internet People are Stoopid!
I know! That's why it's 11:30 and I'm still here!

Old 06-30-2009, 01:43 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
If you work overnights...or if you seek someone who doesn't work...you are going to have a hard time finding the person--since most people are going out to "meet people" while you're at work. My last ten girlfriends didn't have a job when I was dating them. Do you think that they were easy to find?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships