Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 06:09 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times

Advertisements

When you think about the attention they get from men in public and online isn't there always some guy they are KIND of seeing? When is a pretty women ever SINGLE? I guess that's why dating is so challenging and frustrating because it's one thing you can always count on from a dating site

"a response from a girl you are not attracted to"

So I see I now have to find a dating site or bookstore or cafe that is NOT WELL KNOWN because I think that's my only chance of succeeding in finding a girl I'm attracted to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 06:14 PM

37,614 posts, read 45,996,704 times
You REALLY are over analyzing this...you know that, right?

And by the same token, how long are handsome men really available?

By your logic, no one should ever be looking for anything except pretty or handsome. Yeah...that makes a LOT of sense.

No WONDER you are having troubles!!

Old 06-29-2009, 06:19 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,806,963 times
On a scale of 1 to 10 with 7 being the highest, I'm a 6. I've been single my whole life. I hope that answers your question.

Old 06-29-2009, 06:22 PM

47 posts, read 234,391 times
men and women are always single as long as there are "upgrades" available

Old 06-29-2009, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
You REALLY are over analyzing this...you know that, right?

And by the same token, how long are handsome men really available?

By your logic, no one should ever be looking for anything except pretty or handsome. Yeah...that makes a LOT of sense.

No WONDER you are having troubles!!

I didn't say it was no point it's just challenging. Like the girl who replied to me first, she probably has so many options that accidently I fell through the cracks and it's up to me to figure out a "new plan"

Old 06-29-2009, 06:29 PM

I see it just like a job, any women worth having is not going to be available too long and will be off the market.

One thing I do know is that "ugly women and fry cook jobs at mcdonald's" will always be available

Old 06-29-2009, 06:34 PM

37,614 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I see it just like a job, any women worth having is not going to be available too long and will be off the market.

One thing I do know is that "ugly women and fry cook jobs at mcdonald's" will always be available
That is true. But there are quite a selection of great jobs that fall somewhere in between fry cooks, and CEO's. The same can be said for women.
Open your eyes, and your brain may follow.

Old 06-29-2009, 06:45 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,572,229 times
Sheesh! It's so simple "nothing worth having comes easy!"

Old 06-29-2009, 06:45 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
Why are you so obsessed with internet dating? You live in a large metropolis where there are plenty of opportunities to meet people in many different arenas. Maybe if you got out from in front of the screens (that would be the computer and the TV) and indulged in a normal social life you wouldn't have the need to analyze every online blink and wink. It's called, "having a life" and it works for most people.

Old 06-29-2009, 06:46 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
When you think about the attention they get from men in public and online isn't there always some guy they are KIND of seeing? When is a pretty women ever SINGLE? I guess that's why dating is so challenging and frustrating because it's one thing you can always count on from a dating site

"a response from a girl you are not attracted to"

So I see I now have to find a dating site or bookstore or cafe that is NOT WELL KNOWN because I think that's my only chance of succeeding in finding a girl I'm attracted to.
Well, I don't have a magic answer to your problem but I have a magic answer to the response I get when a woman tells me she already is in a relationship. I tell her "your boyfriend/husband/etc. is a lucky man." That always brings a smile to their faces and makes me feel good...even if I walk away without the prize.

I think you need to work on how to accept rejection. It seems to bringing you down.

My opinion...of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships