Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 09:33 PM

34 posts, read 54,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
24 years old? 7 year old kid?

RUN!!!!!!!!! DO NOT CALL HER!!! PRETEND YOU NEVER MET HER AND MOVE ON!!!!
I am 24 and she is 29 with a 7 year old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2009, 09:36 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,857,088 times
Quote:
24 years old? 7 year old kid?

RUN!!!!!!!!! DO NOT CALL HER!!! PRETEND YOU NEVER MET HER AND MOVE ON!!!!
Why would you say that? Are you able to look into this woman's heart and know what she is all about?

Old 06-30-2009, 09:41 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taavilez View Post
Another thing.... Is there anything I could do to ********** up? What should I be aware of? I really like this girl and just want to make sure I don't make any obvious mistakes. I'm sure trying to date a single mother can be a lot more difficult in this sense
Whatever you do, respect the mother-son relationship and be good to that boy. It is not good for the boy to see different men coming in and out of his mom's life. So, if you can't handle being in it for the long haul, you should bow-out now.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:42 PM

I mean that's not why I am getting with her. But.... I am a Hispanic Laser Engineer. She is from El Salvador (10 years in the US and yes legal). She works as a waitress. I am always willing to mentor and help people when I see potential for me to make a difference. She is a damned good mother though and he wouldn't need much help. And from what it sounds like, his father isn't that bad of a dad.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:43 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,510,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
Why would you say that? Are you able to look into this woman's heart and know what she is all about?
It's not about the woman though it's about the kid. It is never about the woman when she has a kid. The main focus is the kid. A 24 year old should not have to deal with that there are plenty of childless women his age where there relationship will be focused around the two of them instead of raising and caring for a kid.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Whatever you do, respect the mother-son relationship and be good to that boy. It is not good for the boy to see different men coming in and out of his mom's life. So, if you can't handle being in it for the long haul, you should bow-out now.
Like I said... not looking for some one nighter or a few months. The next person I want to be with better be someone that I can at least say I can possibly be with forever. Do I want to marry her now? No. But I am not approaching this as something short term at all.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:45 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
That's a great post Mike - if i could rep you I would.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:49 PM

Quote:
It's not about the woman though it's about the kid. It is never about the woman when she has a kid. The main focus is the kid. A 24 year old should not have to deal with that there are plenty of childless women his age where there relationship will be focused around the two of them instead of raising and caring for a kid.
I feel like a lot of 24 year olds out here are full of themselves and have no idea about the real world. I have dated a lot of 24 year olds out here. It always feels like it's not worth my time because of this. With her, my heart pounds like crazy just thinking about talking to her on the phone.

Old 06-30-2009, 10:15 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taavilez View Post
So does mean she is already sizing me up as a father? Is that what single moms do when they date?
Yes. The simple fact of the matter is that any single mother is going to size up every potential boyfriend as to the type of father figure he could be.

If you like this girl and her kid, I say stick with it. Just be certain that she is into you and not just looking for a daddy for the kid.

Old 06-30-2009, 11:05 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,815,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninmt View Post
Sounds to me like this is the norm for her. Whether that is a good thing or not is really up to you. I just know that when I was a single mom, my daughter was mentioned upfront but out of the picture for a LONG time for HER benefit, even when making new "friends". But, I am super protective.
You're not super protective... you're smart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships