Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 10:09 AM

5,501 posts, read 22,446,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Where I come from we call that kind of woman a tease. Misleading someone into doing things for you by implying that they will receive sex as a reward is just downright dishonesty.
Really?

Trust me, the first time a man takes a woman on a date, he is thinking about having sex with her. He is not thinking romance, but he must romance her in order to get the prize.

I don't know what people continue to call it a "game." It is a dance.

If a woman wants only sex, well I guess that's pretty easy to have.

But to the woman who wants romance, a relationship, commitment, children, a man who is to be a provider, you need to be careful about how much you give to each of your suitors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2009, 10:12 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,681,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
Young men today have it easy. They can basically get all the sex they want without having to commit. In many cases, they don't even have to take their wallets out of their back pockets. All the cows in the pasture of giving away milk for free.
What century do you come from??!! Sex is not a commodity, unless you're a hooker. You imply that only men are getting something out of having sex, and that it's a travesty that they aren't paying for sex.

Just because the woman isn't getting money/gifts et cetera in exchange for putting out doesn't mean she's being cheated. Or would you rather she be receiving something for her favors...like a HOOKER? That's a great lesson to teach your daughters -- "Don't have sex with him unless he's giving you gifts or money in return!!"

Bah, humbug.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:20 AM

5,501 posts, read 22,446,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
What century do you come from??!! Sex is not a commodity, unless you're a hooker. You imply that only men are getting something out of having sex, and that it's a travesty that they aren't paying for sex.

Just because the woman isn't getting money/gifts et cetera in exchange for putting out doesn't mean she's being cheated. Or would you rather she be receiving something for her favors...like a HOOKER? That's a great lesson to teach your daughters -- "Don't have sex with him unless he's giving you gifts or money in return!!"

Bah, humbug.
Men who talk like this generally have trouble competing for a real woman. Good luck in your efforts.

W.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:31 AM

37,607 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Sounds like he is not the "right" one. Do you date other men? Why are you giving it all to this guy?
Neither of us see anyone else, and we are both content with it for the time being. We are both terribly busy people, and for now, it suits me. It won't forever. That's why.

Quote:
You say you are not concerned about the years passing by. You must be a young woman.
Ah...no. I am well past the age of being called "a young woman". When I say I am not concerned with "the years passing by", I meant in terms of your post, and having a mate. I hate growing older just like everyone else!! But, I am pretty happy with my own company...I'm terribly independent (and that can be good and bad!). So if I have no main squeeze, it certainly won't keep me at home crying in my pillow.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:33 AM

37,607 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
I dont know about northern ladies, but southern ladies do not "fart." They pass gas. They pass wind. They poot. They add essence of rose attar to a room. But they do not fart! Or have i been lied to all these years?
Yep. Never farted in my life. I'm a pooter.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:34 AM

36,505 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
What is Junior High?
Jr. high school

Quote:
Sometimes I read the posts here on CD and think women these days don't know how to date men anymore. Young women sleep with men right away. They go on "hang out" dates where it is okay to sit around on the couch watching movies on TV. It's like this attitude of "Hey, I'm not playing games. I'm just going to be myself."
I agree dating has changed. Times have changed. I had been out of the dating pool for a long while until about last yr. And that didnt last long before It turned into bf/gf. Im not sure it is such a bad thing that dating is more casual.

Quote:
Young men today have it easy. They can basically get all the sex they want without having to commit. In many cases, they don't even have to take their wallets out of their back pockets. All the cows in the pasture of giving away milk for free. But then we have lots of unhappy women wanting to know, Where did he go? Why has he stopped calling me? I got drunk on the first date (in other words, "I was being myself") and suddenly I don't hear from him anymore.
Id agree that men have it easier in the dating world today. Women are free to enjoy sex now and they have their own money. I dont know why dating has to be one sided with the man wooing and spending money in hopes of getting the "milk". All that pretentious behavior will come to an end once he is snagged anyway. Then the woman will be cooking instead of going out and they will be watching movies on the couch instead of going to the theater and they guy may feel the cow dried or the milk was sour. They both may wonder what the heck happened, why not cut to the chase, have sex, fart, scratch your butt and then you wont be disillusioned when the real person surfaces.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:39 AM

113 posts, read 235,412 times
Quote:
This is for Ladies, but men can respond as well. Just make sure you tell us whether you are male or female when you post.

Okay, Ladies, so say a man is after you. We know that men are instantly attracted to women, so without notice, you have one in pursuit. At first he looks like your average Joe, but after a few dates, you start to fall for him. He is paying for everything, taking you to swank dinners, and sending flowers. In short, he is treating you like a queen. Now the challenge is how to keep him interested.

What is your strategy? Let's discuss!
im still waiting for the flowers......

Old 07-01-2009, 10:46 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,639,558 times
I haven't read through this whole thread, but if you're one of those women who thinks playing "hard to get" will work, think again. It may work on some men, but any man who has any self-respect will move on. I despise that game and can't believe some women still use it. You're a person, not a trophy.

Old 07-01-2009, 11:09 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,273 times
Any women playing games with me can hit the bricks,lifes hard enough in general why some people get off on making relationships harder boggles my mind

And as people said theres a word for people who put a price tag on their vagina..

Old 07-01-2009, 11:14 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,862,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Go to your room, Captian!
LOL.. I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets sent to his room around here..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships