Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 10:32 AM

3,677 posts, read 2,558,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I have seen to much evidence that confirms that MANY women like those types of guys.

I just see to much childlike behavior from guys that are married and in a LTR.

I always find myself thinking "WTF is wrong with me, this jerk is invovled but I am single, I am NOT seeing something".

Why on earth would any women want to get involed with a crybaby that can't even take care of himslef let alone provide for her. BUT many women do get involved with these guys.

Whatever happen to men that where "stand up" men. They had a presence that exudes respect. Not anymore.....

Speak your mind and chime in?

THIS NOT ABOUT ME, NOR AM I SEEKING ADVICE

I was just trying to get some fresh dialouge started. If you've noticed this please feel free to respond.

Oh please, I've date what I call a "man child".

So first let me say a lot of it is hormonal. lol. I did not wake up and say "hey let me find a 5 year in a 30 year old body to date".

My ex, let's call him Steve was #1 Smoldering Sexy in that young Sean Connery way. He was a musician that I had to just save, lol

Now at first it was great fun. usually men/childs have a Joie de vivre. they have an appreciation for the simple things, mainly because they are always broke. they lavish attention on you initially and tell you how no one else understands them but you.

Old 09-22-2017, 10:37 AM

1,850 posts, read 1,137,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie Tebo View Post
Maybe they figure they can control them alot easier.I really don't know.
The key word here is EASIER. Or maybe just the word EASY. Most women are basically cowards anyhow. Where did you think the word "*****" came to be a synonym for coward?

Old 09-22-2017, 11:01 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,301,772 times
Those women just sound controlling and want to wear the pants in the relationship.

Old 09-22-2017, 11:11 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,034,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Those women just sound controlling and want to wear the pants in the relationship.
What does "wearing the pants" entail, exactly?

Old 09-22-2017, 11:27 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001
I know you are trying to help, but that actually doesn't help me at all since, I'm not interested in how those things work.

I'm always amused by women who complain about this. I have very wide ranging interests but women can be every bit as difficult to converse with as the men they complain about.

I think this is just an excuse they use, when the guy is "not their type" meaning he's either someone they don't want to look at or have their friends know they are seeing.

If you're trying to get a relationship going, you'll need to have that outward attractiveness. (Very good looks, money, make other women envious or have an easy charm) If you have that, she will happily sit there mute - I've noted this many times. If you don't, you'll just get frustrated trying to keep things going and she'll complain she was "bored"!

If you just want a good conversation, talk with a married women. The better looking her hubby is, the more starved she is for someone to talk to. Just don't let him catch you - innocent as it may be.
No, just no! You can't pay me enough to sit through a meal or any kind of date with someone who has the motormouth disease, making a true conversation impossible. Looks and/or money have nothing to do with it. It's not only screamingly boring (no matter how interesting the topic), but it's downright rude, and counterproductive to the whole purpose of the date, which is to provide an occasion for both people to get to know each other.

Old 09-22-2017, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
What does "wearing the pants" entail, exactly?
I think it means, putting a skirt on the guy.

Old 09-22-2017, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I have seen to much evidence that confirms that MANY women like those types of guys.

I just see to much childlike behavior from guys that are married and in a LTR.

I always find myself thinking "WTF is wrong with me, this jerk is invovled but I am single, I am NOT seeing something".

Why on earth would any women want to get involed with a crybaby that can't even take care of himslef let alone provide for her. BUT many women do get involved with these guys.

Whatever happen to men that where "stand up" men. They had a presence that exudes respect. Not anymore.....

Speak your mind and chime in?

THIS NOT ABOUT ME, NOR AM I SEEKING ADVICE

I was just trying to get some fresh dialouge started. If you've noticed this please feel free to respond.
OP, what age demographic are you observing? My guess is that these are women in the early stages of experiencing relationships, who haven't figured out what they want in life, yet, or haven't matured to the point where they want more mature men. Some could have self-esteem issues, so they're not making good choices.

OTOH, we don't know what, exactly, you're referring to in your use of the term "crybaby men". That could mean almost anything, including men who might be less macho than you're used to.

edit: Oops, dang! Somebody revived an 8-yr-old thread, really??

Old 09-22-2017, 11:40 AM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
Some people defiantly do seek relationships with those they know they can either manipulate or pose no thread to whatever their inner most fears or intentions may be, but that's not exactly indicative to liking ONLY irresponsible people.

People generally just attract what they are, it's not always a con job.

Trying to define what a "real man" or a "real woman" is on this board is pointless, you'll get as many interpretations of what's "real" as their are people who post here.

Everyone has their own set of needs, wants and sensibilities and their definition of "real" will follow in turn

Old 09-22-2017, 11:47 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,683,966 times
The thing I learned over the years as you age is never get jealoused or mind other relationships. Mind your own.

Old 09-22-2017, 01:08 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,371,084 times
People get romantically involved with all types of people, that are wrong for them. Be flattered they did not choose you, if that's the type of person they want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships