Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 06:24 AM

291 posts, read 609,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Good LORD. She's a dunce. I'd unfriend HER.
yeah i agree, either that or she is trying to force me to give a frustrated reply so that she unfriends me. Plus I looked on her profile everywhere to see if she was in a relationship and i couldnt find any information- so i got my hopes up that she was single but then when i asked her if she was in a relationship she told me that she has been with someone for the last six years. I was dissapointed to hear that really. When there is a boyfriend involved there is only so far you can connect with someone on an emotional level and i probably am not going to be able to meet her in person like i wanted to now. Im starting to find this a bit sad now really. I waited years looking foward to when i would finally speak to her again, i got my hopes built up really high that this was going to go far and im starting to find that she is not really on the same emotional commitment level that i am as far as this goes. I see myself getting back on the horse and riding to the next girl soon.

Last edited by Andrew83; 10-09-2009 at 06:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2009, 07:58 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,511,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew83 View Post
yeah i agree, either that or she is trying to force me to give a frustrated reply so that she unfriends me. Plus I looked on her profile everywhere to see if she was in a relationship and i couldnt find any information- so i got my hopes up that she was single but then when i asked her if she was in a relationship she told me that she has been with someone for the last six years. I was dissapointed to hear that really. When there is a boyfriend involved there is only so far you can connect with someone on an emotional level and i probably am not going to be able to meet her in person like i wanted to now. Im starting to find this a bit sad now really. I waited years looking foward to when i would finally speak to her again, i got my hopes built up really high that this was going to go far and im starting to find that she is not really on the same emotional commitment level that i am as far as this goes. I see myself getting back on the horse and riding to the next girl soon.
How could I have guessed from the outset that you'd created this huge fantasy around a girl you met and talked to when you were six years old and haven't had any contact with since you were 10 ... Within days you were mentally walking down the aisle with her and looking forward to a lifetime of love with your soul mate. Now she has a BOYFRIEND and the fantasy is dashed to smithereens.

Andrew, you seriously need to get out and about in the real world and make FRIENDS. Unshackle yourself from the computer and live a real life before you end up a gnarly old man crouched in front of a screen in a dark basement. Get some professional help, join a support group, join the world.

Old 10-09-2009, 09:57 AM

1,639 posts, read 5,087,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
How could I have guessed from the outset that you'd created this huge fantasy around a girl you met and talked to when you were six years old and haven't had any contact with since you were 10 ... Within days you were mentally walking down the aisle with her and looking forward to a lifetime of love with your soul mate. Now she has a BOYFRIEND and the fantasy is dashed to smithereens.

Andrew, you seriously need to get out and about in the real world and make FRIENDS. Unshackle yourself from the computer and live a real life before you end up a gnarly old man crouched in front of a screen in a dark basement. Get some professional help, join a support group, join the world.

Old 10-09-2009, 12:17 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,501,940 times
Quote:
ughh, now she asks me if i want her to tell my aunt and cousins that she is in contact with me? rolls eyes.noooo. If i told her that i have fallen out with my family, why would i want her to go back and tell them that we are in contact with eachother??
How can i tell her that i dont think that is a good idea in a polite way? How do i know if she has not already told them anyways, and she wants to see how i react to this question so that she can go back and tell them?
I think that most females are nurturers, so she may be thinking you might want to reconcile with your aunt and cousins, apart form the rest of your family. She's willing to be the go-between and help you with this. If you were to form some kind of relationship, it likely a necessary step, since it sounds like she associates with them occasionally. I see that she has a bf, so any relationship won't be in that direction.

Old 10-09-2009, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akck View Post
I think that most females are nurturers, so she may be thinking you might want to reconcile with your aunt and cousins, apart form the rest of your family. She's willing to be the go-between and help you with this. If you were to form some kind of relationship, it likely a necessary step, since it sounds like she associates with them occasionally. I see that she has a bf, so any relationship won't be in that direction.
i dont want to reconcile with them though. I would likely run away if my family did.

Old 10-09-2009, 01:06 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,511,046 times
Quote:
i dont want to reconcile with them though. I would likely run away if my family did.
You often mention "running away." If that's (as it seems) your reaction to anything which remotely disturbs you then you really should seek some professional help. Part of growing up and maturation is learning to face and deal with adversity.

Old 10-09-2009, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
You often mention "running away." If that's (as it seems) your reaction to anything which remotely disturbs you then you really should seek some professional help. Part of growing up and maturation is learning to face and deal with adversity.
you have become redundant with your ''seek proffesional help'' line. Change the record already.

Old 10-09-2009, 05:49 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,382,127 times
Quote:
Andrew, there is no way she would be on the same emotional commitment level as you. You have thought of this little girl who is now a woman for years if not decades. But she has moved on with her life and probably didn't think much of you in these past few years. If you ever want to create a relationship with her, its not going to happen overnight. You need to start all over from the top. At this point in her life, she might not have any emotions towards you, much less a level of commitment.

Old 10-10-2009, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Andrew, there is no way she would be on the same emotional commitment level as you. You have thought of this little girl who is now a woman for years if not decades. But she has moved on with her life and probably didn't think much of you in these past few years. If you ever want to create a relationship with her, its not going to happen overnight. You need to start all over from the top. At this point in her life, she might not have any emotions towards you, much less a level of commitment.
thanks, thats an excellent perspective. Well last night i sent her a message detailing some of the old memories that i had of her. I think i got a bit carried away and i started talking about this one time when we were both interested in wwe wrestling, it was coming up to Summerslam 1992 in Wembley Stadium (near where we live) and the Macho Man was going to be facing the Ultimate Warrior in the main event she wanted the Ultimate Warrior to win and I wanted the Macho Man to win and i told her that i remember us talking about it while we were playing the Paperboy game on Nintendo at her house. But i didnt get a reply back from her after that. I felt that i may have came across as a bit nerdy form mentioning that. Or maybe she is still jealous at me because i was there at Wembley Stadium for Summerslam and she wasnt. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships