Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 11:32 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times

Advertisements

There's someone (or as another poster wisely said, several someones) for almost everyone. There are a few people here who are probably screwed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2009, 11:34 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,373,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
There's someone (or as another poster wisely said, several someones) for almost everyone. There are a few people here who are probably screwed.
I'm screwed, lol. So screwd, it's not even funny. I'm going to be one those 60 year old ladies with 43 cats.

Old 07-06-2009, 11:45 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,649,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
but maybe they can't...if they could, don't you think they would? Myself for example...I can't get boyfriends. So it's not like I have a choice to enter into a partnership...there are no opportunities for me. People cna't enter into a commitment when they aren't even given an opportunity.
Have you expressed your interest in any men? By actually going up to them and saying, "We should go out sometime."

Old 07-06-2009, 11:46 AM

Quote:
I don't mean trips to the grocery store...I mean parties, bars, the beach, different kinds of events in the city, singles events, etc...opportunities to actually sit down and speak to someone for a substantial amount of time. Some people go out there and go to every single social event possible and still can't meet anyone.
Or meeting people that they're rejecting for one reason or another...

Lowered expectations...

Old 07-06-2009, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Have you expressed your interest in any men? By actually going up to them and saying, "We should go out sometime."
Of course...and here's the thing...we usually do end up going on dates...but the men I meet are not commitment type...which is what you get when you're an attractive woman. I'm not gonna lie and I hate to brag, but I am attractive...and b/c of this, I only meet men who want to sleep with me...never the committing type...and that's why I can't get BOYFRIENDS. I get a lot of dates from men...hoping to lead to sex and that's it. I never get men who are interested in being my boyfriend or one day my husband.

Old 07-06-2009, 11:48 AM

I prefer commitment to sex, so I can't relate.

Old 07-06-2009, 11:51 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,727,592 times
Quote:
Of course...and here's the thing...we usually do end up going on dates...but the men I meet are not commitment type...which is what you get when you're an attractive woman. I'm not gonna lie and I hate to brag, but I am attractive...and b/c of this, I only meet men who want to sleep with me...never the committing type...and that's why I can't get BOYFRIENDS. I get a lot of dates from men...hoping to lead to sex and that's it. I never get men who are interested in being my boyfriend or one day my husband.
The plot thickens.

So there are opportunities available, but I'm inferring you have certain standards (besides commitment) that need to be lived up to. Correct?

Old 07-06-2009, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
The plot thickens.

So there are opportunities available, but you have certain standards that need to be lived up to. Correct?
There are no opportunities...i'm not interested in sex. I am not meeting the men I want to meet. Perhaps there are opportunities, yes, but I am not finding them.

Old 07-06-2009, 11:56 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,727,592 times
Quote:
There are no opportunities...i'm not interested in sex. I am not meeting the men I want to meet. Perhaps there are opportunities, yes, but I am not finding them.
Sex had nothing to do with my question.

My question is whether there are other standards you have besides "whether or not he'll commit."

For instance, having at least a half set of teeth?
Being funny?
Being truthful?
Owning a car?
Owning an expensive car?
Having 6-pack abs?
et cetera..

Not asking for a list; just confirming that there are factors that you control, which contribute to whether you're single or not.

Old 07-06-2009, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
Sex had nothing to do with my question.

My question is whether there are other standards you have besides whether he'll commit.

For instance, having at least a half set of teeth?
Being funny?
Being truthful?
Owning a car?
Owning an expensive car?
Having 6-pack abs?
et cetera..
Out of what you mentioned...truthful for sure...all his teeth would be nice, lol...and funny for the most part, but if not...that's not a dealbreaker...b/c really, I'm not that funny either. Also, not someone incredibly obese b/c I am concerned about health issues and I would want him to be around for a long time and be healthy.

Others...just really someone who treats me as a person with feelings and not as sex object at this point. I used to have high standards, but that wasn't really working...so the only requirement really: don't lie, and treat me as how you would want to be treated.

I don't think that is too much to ask for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships