Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 01:57 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,929,154 times

Advertisements

Whoa whoa whoa tiger.....don't get her hopes up now. What you are suggesting she find is incredibly rare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Good call on the age thing. Now go out and find an equally well preserved decent guy with less of an age gap and enjoy the rest of your summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2009, 02:04 PM

4,894 posts, read 14,134,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Good call on the age thing. Now go out and find an equally well preserved decent guy with less of an age gap and enjoy the rest of your summer.
God bless you!

You know, he was the one who chased after me. I had been single for about 6 months after my xbf broke up with me, actually finally comfortable about being single and I wasn't looking for anyone. And, boom, he wouldn't leave me alone, never has left me alone. I can't even think about wanting to see anyone right now because I love him but just want the best for him so unlike the other post I was reading about the girl who won't break up with her boyfriend because although she isn't in love with him she can't stand the thought of another woman getting all the attention he gives her.

I didn't know it was a full moon last night...maybe that's got something to do with it.

Old 07-06-2009, 02:10 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,648,114 times
Sounds like you made the choice best for yourself - whatever the future brings, it sounds like you have your head on right and your heart in the right place.

Old 07-06-2009, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
Sounds like you made the choice best for yourself - whatever the future brings, it sounds like you have your head on right and your heart in the right place.

Attached head does come in handy but oh how I do not like having this heart right now.

Old 07-06-2009, 02:31 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,353,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
Attached head does come in handy but oh how I do not like having this heart right now.
understandable (((((HUGS)))))

Old 07-06-2009, 02:45 PM

Thank you.

Yep. This hurts pretty bad....feels awfuller and awfuller. wow. I hope I really did do the right thing....cause hurts me much more than I thought it would.

Old 07-06-2009, 04:46 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,648,114 times
Quote:

*nods* - Being that the head and the heart speak two very different languages, it's going to pang you for however amount of time. Maybe an idea would be to write a "pros" and "cons" list on paper with a pen - sometimes when we actually "see" things instead of thinking them - it seems to help put things into perspective a bit when the heart seems to 'talk' too loudly. Allow your head and your heart to battle it out before your very own eyes.

Old 07-06-2009, 04:51 PM

17,207 posts, read 57,035,276 times
I'll call BS on the family thing, there are guys that don't want kids, never did, never will, not common but they do exist.

*HOWEVER* a non-working, cigarette smoking guy of 25 infesting your house - you were overdue to give him the boot! I bought my first house when I was 25.

What is it about current 20-something guys, are there a significant subset of them that are allergic to gainful employment?

Old 07-06-2009, 05:01 PM

52,185 posts, read 52,623,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
I'll call BS on the family thing, there are guys that don't want kids, never did, never will, not common but they do exist.

*HOWEVER* a non-working, cigarette smoking guy of 25 infesting your house - you were overdue to give him the boot! I bought my first house when I was 25.

What is it about current 20-something guys, are there a significant subset of them that are allergic to gainful employment?
I agree here, seems like the last few yrs, been noticing a lot more young people in the 20's acting like slackers. I know the economy is bad, but it aint' that friggin bad.

Old 07-06-2009, 07:12 PM

4,116 posts, read 3,145,586 times
Quote:
I broke up with my boyfriend yesterday due to many reasons. The first one being that I felt our age difference is going to eventually be the downfall (him 25, me 47). This is where my looking 37 is a real hindrence. He's going to want a family eventually and I do not think I am having any more children at this point in life. He said yesterday he understands that reason and knows we both got in deeper than we thought we would. We've been together since May 2008.

There are also some other issues that are secondary. He's not been as serious as I thought he would about finding employment and I've watched this behavior for the past six months. He's had few jobs & I know it's tough right now with the economy as it is, but it puts pressure on me to foot the bill most of the time which is stressful because I have my own financial obligations. At 25 & not working, he's been in "party" mode. We were living together but that was getting too financially difficult so I moved & he moved in with friends. His house is totally full of partiers and drama. He doesn't like the drama, but at 25, he doesn't see much wrong with the partying. I've been through my partying stage and I can't handle that all the time. I thought him moving would show him that he needed to support himself but it actually made him more dependent & controlling then when we lived together. He doesn't feel we spend enough time together (I've been with him most weekends the past two months as well as during the week at least 2-4 nights a week. I work during the day, he sleeps or hangs out with friends then wants me. I have neglected my own friendships due to this. I don't like to be controlled like that as I am my own person. I also need my "alone" time. I wasn't getting that time.

On the positive side, his heart makes up what his wallet lacks. I have never felt that he wouldn't give me the world if he had it to give. Whoever he ends up with in the future will be a very lucky woman.

His family is doing the tough love at the time because they don't want him drinking in their home & he can't stay at home because he won't abide by their rules. They'd send him to college or trade school if he would leave the partying behind but they're not about to support him in his current state of being. His parents are happy with me, however, sometimes I feel like a second mother to him.

I believe I've done the right thing by breaking up. It's very hard because all of the above is correctable except the age difference.

He said he wished I was ten years younger because I'm everything that he wants in a woman.

What now? I feel I've made the correct choice for him as well as me. I just feel awful because I wonder if age really does matter or not.

I think you did the right thing here and I should be learning something from you. I am 37 my boyfriend is 29 age difference also kills me everyday and I am not at peace with it never .... He is naive and I feel like I am just wasting my time and his but everytime I break it off with him he doesn't want to let it go I have a 13yr old and he doesn't have kids but I am sure he will want some in a few years and I am not willing to go there again so it's hard do I stay and live day by day with him or think long term which I believe he is with me until someone younger and better comes along then he will leave me so I just congratulate you for doing it because I can't for some reason.. I don't want to be alone sometimes that's it and I ain't 27 anymore..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships