Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 07:32 AM

2,115 posts, read 5,016,997 times

Advertisements

Thoughts, advice, experiences??

I just got back from 2 week in Europe and they're very different from the majority of US guys (which is explainable since different continents and different cultures) and I kind of like it. The accent doesn't hurt either
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2009, 05:55 PM

543 posts, read 996,522 times
How they were different?!

Old 07-07-2009, 05:56 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,798,865 times
Did you notice any gay men? How are they?

Old 07-07-2009, 06:03 PM

15,639 posts, read 40,914,432 times
I'm around Euro's all the time at dance comps. These Eastern Euro guys are really starting to grow on me!

Old 07-07-2009, 06:17 PM

2,266 posts, read 2,278,925 times
You know, when it comes to Europeans, you really cannot generalize, or lump these people in one category. Europe itself is a continent, divided into many different sovereign nations, each with their own languages, cultures and customs. I always tell people that you cannot compare British and Italian people, or Germans and Spaniards, or Greeks and Swedes.

European men...you can't generalize, so be a lot more specific. Besides, people always seem nicer when you're on vacation, just like everything else.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:27 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,118,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCreass View Post
You know, when it comes to Europeans, you really cannot generalize, or lump these people in one category. Europe itself is a continent, divided into many different sovereign nations, each with their own languages, cultures and customs. I always tell people that you cannot compare British and Italian people, or Germans and Spaniards, or Greeks and Swedes.

European men...you can't generalize, so be a lot more specific. Besides, people always seem nicer when you're on vacation, just like everything else.
Outside of Brits, there seems to be more similarities between a German and Spaniard than, say, an American and a Spaniard. Just as a Californian may have more in common with a Texan than someone on another continent. That doesn't mean Euros are the same at all, just less different than people even farther away from them.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:41 PM

2,266 posts, read 2,278,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
Outside of Brits, there seems to be more similarities between a German and Spaniard than, say, an American and a Spaniard. Just as a Californian may have more in common with a Texan than someone on another continent. That doesn't mean Euros are the same at all, just less different than people even farther away from them.
A German and a Spaniard are quite different. In fact, as much as they'd hate to admit it, the Germans and the British are more alike than they'd like to admit. The peoples of the Mediterranean countries have more in common than those of Saxon, Celtic or Viking origin.

It is not like comparing a Californian with a Texan, because the United States is a mish-mash of different cultures, European and non-European. In Sweden, most people are Swedish, if you catch my drift?

Old 07-08-2009, 01:25 AM

543 posts, read 996,522 times
Quote:
A German and a Spaniard are quite different. In fact, as much as they'd hate to admit it, the Germans and the British are more alike than they'd like to admit. The peoples of the Mediterranean countries have more in common than those of Saxon, Celtic or Viking origin.

It is not like comparing a Californian with a Texan, because the United States is a mish-mash of different cultures, European and non-European. In Sweden, most people are Swedish, if you catch my drift?
That's true. French, Spaniard, Portuguese and Italians are very similar. Even their languages are related.

I'd date a Mediterranean, but not a Saxon, Celtic, Slavic, Germanic or Nordic.

Old 07-08-2009, 01:42 AM

3,467 posts, read 8,118,621 times
Quote:

You didn't catch my drift.

I said they were different, but I said they were probably more similar than they'd be to an American, just like people in different parts of the US would be more similar to each other than someone on a different continent. I've noticed people from Europe who are in the states will bond over it even if they're from different countries.

And the US may be a mish mash, but there is still a distinct general culture in each state.

Old 07-08-2009, 04:31 AM

109 posts, read 297,917 times
Ok, now, with the risk of being torn to shreads, just taking up a few of the above:
- the Germans - serious, don't lie much, incapable of having fun in another way than drinking, would happily cheat on their SOs- sometimes they don't, though, because of how German women look like... so they figure once they caught something, let's leave it at that.
- Brit - nice to have fun with, if you like that sort of humor, but mind the heavy drinking and possible drug use; also, depending on where you're from, the cultural difference can really matter, 'cause they've got everything so different in their heads. And they are all too damn proud of belonging to mother UK.
- Italians, Spaniards - good conversationalists (and, as far as Italians are concerned, good in the bedroom department, word has it). Very volatile ald changing. Today they like something, tomorrow it could be the opposite. The Spaniards usually lack a spine.
- the Greeks - apart from liking other men much they also have it embedded in their genetic code that women must obey their men. Even if she has a job, she'll constantly be put down by the master of the house. Differences apply in that some show it overtly and some not.
- Eastern countries - too many differences from case to case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships