U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 07-08-2009, 07:54 AM
ECG

42,606 posts, read 1,817,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Oye! Yoo can flert wit me anytime yoo know!

..Hey, congrats..you got a nice star there!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 07-08-2009, 08:04 AM

8,665 posts, read 9,677,615 times
It could be some form of subtle flirting, or just a natural response to pretty women on his part. Does he smile the same way if you are greeted by a male host? Either way, I don't think it's anything to get too worked up about, so long as he isn't making a dozen trips to the bathroom to get another look.

Unread 07-08-2009, 08:41 AM

751 posts, read 790,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latina7 View Post
Recently, my b/f has gotten a perennial/inviting smile toward hostesses, whenever we visit a restaurant. He states he smiles to everyone, whenever I confront him.

Is this a form of flirting? We have been together for 11 years. Thank you,

When I'm out with my boyfriend no matter where we are he smiles at the hostesses etc all the time and so do I. I see nothing wrong with a little innocent flirting from time to time. If someone is secure in their relationship I see absolutely nothing wrong with it.I think sometimes we make way too much out of nothing.The day my boyfriend and I aren't allowed to smile at people then that's the day we'd better climb into a hole and die.

Unread 07-08-2009, 09:19 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,315 posts, read 3,364,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECG1951 View Post
I do not consider someone just smiling as flirting, if that was the case I guess I would be flirting with everyone I come across with.
you are a big flirt anyway.....

Unread 07-08-2009, 09:22 AM
ECG

42,606 posts, read 1,817,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbl-r View Post
you are a big flirt anyway.....
LOL...well, I guess some of us are born with that gene, nothing I can do about it..LOL

Unread 07-08-2009, 09:52 AM

5,108 posts, read 7,017,636 times
Safe flirting, such as with a hostess, is fun and harmless and breeds goodwill and good feelings.
The entire service industry runs on such good will. A lot of healthcare also runs on such good will.
Everyone feels better when there are smiles and appreciation flowing freely. The world is a better place.

sounds like you don't trust him

Unread 07-08-2009, 10:27 AM

553 posts, read 1,167,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
Safe flirting, such as with a hostess, is fun and harmless and breeds goodwill and good feelings.
The entire service industry runs on such good will. A lot of healthcare also runs on such good will.
Everyone feels better when there are smiles and appreciation flowing freely. The world is a better place.

sounds like you don't trust him
Exactly. It has to been more involved than just flirting with the servers. Servers illicit that response anyway (most of the time) because they can be overly friendly/flirtatious to ensure a decent size tip. As long as your bf isn't expecting anything but good service in return then there is nothing wrong with it.

Unread 07-08-2009, 11:06 AM

8,519 posts, read 4,151,921 times
Smiling and saying, "You're a hottie!" Now that, would be what I would consider playboy-like flirting.

Unread 07-08-2009, 11:08 AM

553 posts, read 1,167,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Smiling and saying, "You're a hottie!" Now that, would be what I would consider playboy-like flirting.
Slapping her on the butt when she goes to get your refill--that would be flirting.

Unread 07-08-2009, 01:00 PM

6,568 posts, read 4,969,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latina7 View Post
Recently, my b/f has gotten a perennial/inviting smile toward hostesses, whenever we visit a restaurant. He states he smiles to everyone, whenever I confront him.

Is this a form of flirting? We have been together for 11 years. Thank you,
I do this all the time.

They are smiling and putting up the good front for a good tip. We guys just like the attention from the young ladies.

One time at a resturant we had a dirty table and we asked the waitress to get someone to clean our table. A few minutes went by and this young lady draped herself back and forth over our table a few times wiping our table down with a towel exposing her breasts that were practically falling out of her shirt. When she left I had to take my hand and close my mouth before the wife saw me. I mentioned it to her if she saw what I saw and she said no. I was quite impressed and shocked. Needless to say I really love that resturant. It wasn't Hooters either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships