Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 02:19 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,592,930 times

Advertisements

Every year we all get together in the backyard over beers,burgers and listen to the screaming match.....great fun.

Old 04-18-2007, 02:31 PM

3,020 posts, read 25,732,227 times
Default Well I do have.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
Any interesting stories. cautionary tales?. Any stories from friends or relatives?
I have a bro who married the same one twice, yup....... divorced the same one twice. When in doubt, twice is the lucky charm. BTW..... All of his kids were by the same woman ...... only in different marriages. Wonder if that is some sort of a record???

H,mmmm...... Why am I not so keen on the Standard Marriage approach?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2007, 02:52 PM

1,560 posts, read 7,146,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
I have a bro who married the same one twice, yup....... divorced the same one twice. When in doubt, twice is the lucky charm. BTW..... All of his kids were by the same woman ...... only in different marriages. Wonder if that is some sort of a record???

H,mmmm...... Why am I not so keen on the Standard Marriage approach?????
My father-in-law has been married 6 times to 4 women. Yes, twice he married two different ex-wives. As far as we know he only had children with the first wife.

Old 04-18-2007, 02:54 PM

And I've married my wife twice, but we've never been divorced or had an annulment.

Old 04-18-2007, 02:58 PM

Default So my bro still has the record for the results, only counts if you score a goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPadge View Post
My father-in-law has been married 6 times to 4 women. Yes, twice he married two different ex-wives. As far as we know he only had children with the first wife.
Lord knows how many kids, he really has got. Maybe my bro tagged some of those wives too. He sure did get around. Think his only one true love was the one he kept going back too.

Old 04-18-2007, 03:06 PM

Default H,,,mmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPadge View Post
And I've married my wife twice, but we've never been divorced or had an annulment.
Sounds like hitting the Enter Key twice, isn't once enough, the same screen just gets refreshed???? How do you know anything happened??? Or did she just blink one more time???

Usually that only happens on the back button when the same page is opened twice.

Old 04-18-2007, 03:54 PM

Eh, we had a civil marriage and the big church wedding.

Old 04-19-2007, 12:04 PM
IYB

6 posts, read 12,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrown View Post
Here in NJ we have a no fault option...thing is it takes seemingly forever to finalize. It's much shorter time frame if you file counter charges etc. I wanted out of a going nowhere marriage, she didn't. I wanted to press my case with a mental cruelty thing (a non-issue), she wanted to drag it thru the no fault system...ugh two years of torrmenting each other while I stayed in the guest room.

I'd like to take credit for this idea but my buddies came up with it. After a fun evening at a local "exotic dancer" bar they took up a collection and talked one of the girls into coming home with me. It was mostly just for show but it certainly had the desired effect. I had small recorder in my pocket during the
entire episode.

Monday morning she was in her attorneys office signing the paper work.

Every year we all get together in the backyard over beers,burgers and listen to the screaming match.....great fun.

VERY Funny. I'll have to remember this if I'm in same situation

Old 03-14-2011, 01:59 PM

324 posts, read 572,738 times
Well, I am not getting married. What is the point these days? Really.

Old 03-14-2011, 02:54 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,814,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Any interesting stories. cautionary tales?. Any stories from friends or relatives?
My divorce was brutal, but I learned not to talk about it on online forums. It always comes back to kick you in the ass...

I left him. Now we're on good terms. What happened in-between was a roller-coaster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships